Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You can answer the questions if you want. You are correct it is a discussion site. My bad.

They are open to anyone to answer

Do you care about the low paid workers of America?

I would like to see them get the help they rightfully deserve, especially after being shafted for the last 12 months

Do you think that Aoc and other far leftist voices will cause in fighting in the party?

infighting? No, but its good that they will be dissenting voices if the Dems are not up to scratch

Will it be a constant thorn in Joe Biden's side?

◇b]Probably not but that will have to be seen.[/b]

Care to answer questions yourself now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

As I said I agree with Sanders, I have already answered this question.

I also answered this question.

I did not answer this question because it is in one of the dumbest I have ever been asked in this thread.

No, disagreements within a party is healthy. Everyone grovelling at the knees and agreeing with their dear president and not voicing their own opinions is not healthy.

Your turn to answer my questions.

Okay. I suppose you answered 2/4 , dismissed one and got a bit of a dig in on the last. Better than nothing I suppose.

Yeah go ahead

But do you not care about the low income earners in America?

Do you agree with Sanders?

So you think that Aoc and other far leftist voices will cause in fighting in the party?
    I agree with Sanders and AOC on not lowering for those levels. They're also not far left. In relation to thresholds, families earning 300,000 can potentially receive the cheque so I'd totally favour that being looked at, that also looks likely to be what Biden targets. You seem to be annoyed at healthy political discussion in a party...

Do you care about the low paid workers of America?

I would like to see them get the help they rightfully deserve, especially after being shafted for the last 12 months

Do you think that Aoc and other far leftist voices will cause in fighting in the party?

infighting? No, but its good that they will be dissenting voices if the Dems are not up to scratch

◇b]Probably not but that will have to be seen.[/b]

Care to answer questions yourself now?

Those seem honest enough answers. A bit of a dig thrown in too but solid enough.

Yeah go for it.
    *remember this is the Biden presidency discussion

Okay. I suppose you answered 2/4 , dismissed one and got a bit of a dig in on the last. Better than nothing I suppose.

Yeah go ahead

I already asked you several question, but I will repeat them for you if you wish?

1) Do you agree with Sanders, i.e. do you disagree with those large number of Republicans?

2) Do you believe that the GOP were wrong to block the increase in the cheques?

3) Based on my information in this post, does the GOP or Biden care more about low income earners?

Those seem honest enough answers. A bit of a dig thrown in too but solid enough.

Yeah go for it.
    *remember this is the Biden presidency discussion

Not a dig, a fact....you do remember the last lads right? Fought over every penny given to the low paid while giving massive tax breaks to billionaires and billions of dollars to the military.

I already asked you several question, but I will repeat them for you if you wish?

1) Do you agree with Sanders, i.e. do you disagree with those large number of Republicans?

2) Do you believe that the GOP were wrong to block the increase in the cheques?

3) Based on my information in this post, does the GOP or Biden care more about low income earners?

1) Yes I agree with Sanders. I don't know how people who haven't been working are able to survive through no fault of their own. America is the richest country in the world so in reality throwing out supports should be a no brainer. And the supports should be meaningful to actually help people

2) Definitely. Again money is no issue and the cheques go to everyone. It's not like only Democrat voters would receive money while everyone else misses out. Everyone gets something.

3) I dont even have to look at the link to answer that one. Biden cares more about low earners.

The problem is politics. Everything is politicised whether it be mask wearing, support cheques, race relations, police, military funding etc etc etc
    And both sides are guilty when it suits them for things to go a certain way. A country divided in two

1) Yes I agree with Sanders. I don't know how people who haven't been working are able to survive through no fault of their own. America is the richest country in the world so in reality throwing out supports should be a no brainer. And the supports should be meaningful to actually help people

2) Definitely. Again money is no issue and the cheques go to everyone. It's not like only Democrat voters would receive money while everyone else misses out. Everyone gets something.

3) I dont even have to look at the link to answer that one. Biden cares more about low earners.

The problem is politics. Everything is politicised whether it be mask wearing, support cheques, race relations, police, military funding etc etc etc
    And both sides are guilty when it suits them for things to go a certain way. A country divided in two

So what people are you referencing in this post?

And when did the Democracts politicise mask wearing?

Except it's a minority of the party that want to lower access for the cheques. Mask wearing was politicised by the previous president. In terms of the other issues you've listed, they would be political issues under any administration. Assignment of the budget is political, race relations is a political issue in addition to being societal.

Also stimulus cheques aren't uniquely political to the US. PUP payments are a constant discussion here. Do you think economic measures such as the New Deal wasn't a political issue in the thirties?

• Advertisement

So what people are you referencing in this post?

And when did the Democracts politicise mask wearing?

Unemployed from the pandemic people.

The Democrats didn't but it's an example of something that has because politicised in America. Trump taking his mask off on the balcony after coming out of hospital stands out. But it's one example of many. Throw in healthcare, gun rights or control etc. So many topics that either side wont budge on and have become so engrained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,204 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I cant speak for someone else.

You just did - 1 page back.
    Americans on Twitter

Unemployed from the pandemic people.

The Democrats didn't but it's an example of something that has because politicised in America. Trump taking his mask off on the balcony after coming out of hospital stands out. But it's one example of many. Throw in healthcare, gun rights or control etc. So many topics that either side wont budge on and have become so engrained

Eh, you're pretty much misrepresenting the politicisation of masks. He famously demanded for a journalist to remove his mask and accused him of being PC. That was when mask wearing became politicised. Not by the Dems.

Eh, you're pretty much misrepresenting the politicisation of masks. He famously demanded for a journalist to remove his mask and accused him of being PC. That was when mask wearing became politicised. Not by the Dems.

Yes Trump did. I can remember his rallys and the debate on here wasn't on the content of his speech but on how many people in the crowd were wearing masks

Unemployed from the pandemic people

Why would that be a hard pill to swallow? Are you saying that's the case because those who follow Sanders on Twitter, who is someone who disagrees with Biden on many issues, would be surprised to hear that there are a small number of democrats who disagree with Biden on an issue?

Why would that be a hard pill to swallow? Are you saying that's the case because those who follow Sanders on Twitter, who is someone who disagrees with Biden on many issues, would be surprised to hear that there are a small number of democrats who disagree with Biden on an issue?

I dont understand your point here. Please rephrase it.

You asked about what people I was referring to I answered unemployed from the pandemic people. Nothing more nothing less

• Advertisement

You asked about what people I was referring to I answered unemployed from the pandemic people. Nothing more nothing less

What exactly is the political scandal you think you've exposed with the Bernie tweet? You treated it as some sort of a smoking gun..

What exactly is the political scandal you think you've exposed with the Bernie tweet? You treated it as some sort of a smoking gun..

I didn't post the tweet. When questioned I stated I agreed with Sanders position.

You are just coming up with stuff that doesn't exist.

I didn't post the tweet. When questioned I stated I agreed with Sanders position.

You are just coming up with stuff that doesn't exist.

You still appear to think it's some big issue for the Dems and Biden that politicians have expressed opinions. It pretty clearly isn't.

Yes but you said that it would be a hard pill to swallow for such people. Surely people who follow Sanders on Twitter, a man who does not simply agree with everything that the Democratic party says or does, would not find it odd for a small minority of Democrats to disagree with a current policy in place? That they'd be fully aware that, besides the last four years, the existence of a small number of people within a party disagreeing on a policy of their party would be the norm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I can remember his rallys and the debate on here wasn't on the content of his speech but on how many people in the crowd were wearing masks

That's because his speeches were repetitive, nonsensical crap while a large crowd being completely irresponsible during a pandemic was always going to attract more attention.

• Advertisement

That's because his speeches were repetitive, nonsensical crap while a large crowd being completely irresponsible during a pandemic was always going to attract more attention.

I'll pass that on. Thanks

Edit: I'll pass on that one . Thanks

Yes but you said that it would be a hard pill to swallow for such people. Surely people who follow Sanders on Twitter, a man who does not simply agree with everything that the Democratic party says or does, would not find it odd for a small minority of Democrats to disagree with a current policy in place? That they'd be fully aware that, besides the last four years, the existence of a small number of people within a party disagreeing on a policy of their party would be the norm?

They picked the wrong nominee. Again. That's what I think

Yes Trump did. I can remember his rallys and the debate on here wasn't on the content of his speech but on how many people in the crowd were wearing masks

Yeah, that's because

A: Trump said nothing of substance in his speeches

B: We couldn't believe how stupid the people at the rallies were to not wear masks during a pandemic.

I'm not quite sure what that has to do with what I said, but okay.

I'm not quite sure what that has to do with what I said, but okay.

Poster has yet again tied himself up in knots after realising his "gotcha" post in reference to Sanders and AOC's tweets were actually yet another damp squib. I'm sure he'll be back soon enough with another OMG look at this tweet/article/headline/opinion piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll pass that on. Thanks

Edit: I'll pass on that one . Thanks

What a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭randd1

He was good enough to win in a landslide. And that says something all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

you're not still sore that the Dems picked a candidate that beat your guy are you?

you're not still sore that the Dems picked a candidate that beat your guy are you?

This from a poster who (if I remember correctly) stated that Biden wouldn't turn up for the debates :D

I don't really have a guy in us politics. Leo varadkar is my guy here. As in I voted for fg.

This is just for amusement. I wouldn't be getting too into it.

• Advertisement

I don't really have a guy in us politics. Leo varadkar is my guy here. As in I voted for fg.

Really? You defended Trump for nearly a year, no matter what he did or how badly he did it you were in here defending him. Didn't you (allegedly) have quite a large sum of money riding on a Trump victory in the election?

Really? You defended Trump for nearly a year, no matter what he did or how badly he did it you were in here defending him. Didn't you (allegedly) have quite a large sum of money riding on a Trump victory in the election?

No that wasn't me. I remember the poster though. I told him to cash out or hedge the bet And as the tide started to turn he regretted it.

So you are incorrect.

No that wasn't me. I remember the poster though. I told him to cash out or hedge the bet And as the tide started to turn he regretted it.

So you are incorrect.

Incorrect about the bet

Correct about your constant defence of Trump though.

Incorrect about the bet

Correct about your constant defence of Trump though.

Not necessarily. Nothing comparable to the level of effort put in by anti trumper. But again you have dragged the conversation away from the Biden presidency (thread topic) and back towards Trump. Its over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Cody montana

First time I laughed out load at one of your posts!

Not necessarily. Nothing comparable to the level of effort put in by anti trumper. But again you have dragged the conversation away from the Biden presidency (thread topic) and back towards Trump. Its over

Yeah...I wouldnt want to talk about it either, A very embarrassing time for all of Trumps supporters on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod
    If you feel the thread is moving off topic, report it. Leave it to the mods to steer it back on track.

Don't be dropping not so subtle hints on thread, this is backseat modding & can/does get sanctioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So you don’t actually care about low income earning Americans? I for one am shocked

Joe Biden pre election:
    I have a plan to handle the pandemic
    (No details given)

Joe Biden post election:
    We can't change the trajectory of this thing

Classic empty election promise from a career politician.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/BluskyeAllison/status/1352220617727160321?s=20

Some real disappointed voters out there at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Vaccinations are at 1.3m/day and going up. The two new Senators in Georgia are the two that will get the major Covid Relief Bill passed. Might be a little less than the $1.9 Tr but better than GOP just saying no, maybe $600m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Isn't she English? Pretty sure she didn't vote for anyone in the US elections.

https://filia.org.uk/news/2020/6/27/allison-bailey-i-am-suing-stonewall-to-stop-them-policing-free-speech

Wow another embarrassing post from you!

You do know she is English right?

You do know she cannot vote in US elections right?

:rolleyes:

Joe Biden pre election:
    (No details given)

Joe Biden post election:

Was it you that posted this almost word for word a week or so ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Joe Biden pre election:
    (No details given)

Joe Biden post election:

God himself wouldn't be able to change the trajectory of the way the US has handled the virus. At least Biden is attempting to address it. Trump was bored of it by April last year because it was stealing his media spotlight. His super-spreader rallies before the election were an absolute disgrace.

• Advertisement

Yes. And Biden's covid plan was pointed out to him then too.

https://joebiden.com/covid-plan/
    Joe Biden pre election:
    (No details given)

I mean, what?

FIngers-in-ears-small.jpg
    Joe Biden post election:

And again, incorrectly quoting Biden as usual. He did not say "we can't change the trajectory of this thing", he said "there’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months." The reason being? Trump ****ed things up that badly.

And I see 12gauge dave is still spam thanking any posts that attack Biden just for the sake of it.

No it wasnt me. Wrong poster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭maik3n

It was actually our other resident trump fan (see below) that brought it up, although it certainly did seem like something that exmachina might also say
    CeNs��rEd COLT���� (@ar15m4mid) Tweeted:
    Biden before the election: Trump dosen't have a plan

Biden after the election: There's nothing we can do https://t.co/ZvTQVCEsm7 https://twitter.com/ar15m4mid/status/1352745661763092480?s=20

just working from the same playbook then.

So does Biden have a Covid plan or does he not?

• Advertisement
Advertisement