Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

So does Biden have a Covid plan or does he not?

Yes. He banned travel from certain countries. Previously this would have been and was called "xenophobic ". But under the current administration its somehow ok.

Hypocrisy could come to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes. He banned travel from certain countries. Previously this would have been and was called "xenophobic ". But under the current administration its somehow ok.

Pathetic.

That awful opinion of yours is nice to know, but that's not what I asked you.

You stated that no details were given about his covid plan. Is that true? Or is that in fact complete nonsense and he actually had a very detailed plan ready pre election?

http://web.archive.org/web/20200901164803/https://joebiden.com/covid-plan/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I see the Trump supporters are absolutely embarrassing themselves on the thread. No surprise there I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,322 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Different circumstances and different intentions for different reasons could also come to mind if a person thought about it for more than half a second.

There's also the fact the Trump administration also banned travel from most of those countries but then lifted them for no good reason just before Biden was sworn in which necessitated Biden reintroducing the ban, but that requires more than about 2 seconds of thought and I wouldn't want to put you under that kind of strain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

And I see 12gauge dave is still spam thanking any posts that attack Biden just for the sake of it.

I can start paying rent if youd like?

I feel bad living in your head for free.

I can start paying rent if youd like?

I feel bad living in your head for free.

Would you like to start giving your opinions in a discussion forum then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Who called it xenophobic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Joe Biden pre election:
    I have a plan to handle the pandemic
    (No details given)

Joe Biden post election:
    We can't change the trajectory of this thing

Classic empty election promise from a career politician.

For a guy who claims he doesn't get too into US politics, you sure do post a lot about it. One might think you're simply trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/bidens-promised-return-iran-deal-effectively-dead-ayatollah-issues-final-word

Biden not backing down and not making good on his promise to drop sanctions against Iran.

• Advertisement

Vaccine shortages in the USA aswell it seems.

Bloomberg (@business) Tweeted:
    President Joe Biden said it’s unlikely the U.S. will reach herd immunity for the coronavirus before the end of the summer due to a shortfall in vaccine availability https://t.co/3X1w9IrxiQ https://twitter.com/business/status/1358546216821399558?s=20

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/bidens-promised-return-iran-deal-effectively-dead-ayatollah-issues-final-word

Biden not backing down and not making good on his promise to drop sanctions against Iran.

You seemed to be quite annoyed earlier when I only answered some of your questions and yet you've completely ignored my question to you. Would you like to give it a bash or would you prefer to become what you hate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well Biden can't make vaccines, so he's a useless POTUS. Get off the stage with nonsense.

Biden isn't going to drop Iranian sanctions until a new deal is being put in place. You'd be so outraged if he did it unilaterally.

Vaccine shortages in the USA aswell it seems.

Bloomberg (@business) Tweeted:
    President Joe Biden said it’s unlikely the U.S. will reach herd immunity for the coronavirus before the end of the summer due to a shortfall in vaccine availability https://t.co/3X1w9IrxiQ https://twitter.com/business/status/1358546216821399558?s=20

Lads, you're absolutely embarrassing yourselves with this rubbish. It's very telling to see Trump supporters reduced to this nonsense.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Lads, you're absolutely embarrassing yourselves with this rubbish. It's very telling to see Trump supporters reduced to this nonsense.

At least they have each others posts to thank. Bless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A relevant post on the Joe Biden presidency presented without comment and this is the reply.

No response to the post and bringing back up Trump, not to mention rudely insulting the poster.

This is the daily rubbish now on this thread.

A relevant post on the Joe Biden presidency presented without comment and this is the reply.

No response to the post and bringing back up Trump, not to mention rudely insulting the poster.

If you had checked that poster's history, you would see that he spends his time posting tweets and articles, the majority of which contain objectively misleading or false information, and without giving his own opinions on said tweets and articles.

Yes, that is indeed the daily rubbish now on this thread.

What's relevant? It's just another tweet dump with zero attempt to present a point of view. On top of that it seems like it's trying to blame Biden (2 weeks into the job) for vaccine shortages. It's pathetic and adds nothing to the thread.

A relevant post on the Joe Biden presidency presented without comment

Exactly. Without comment, just dumped as usual. It's obvious the poster has no interest in valid criticism of Biden and is just posting in bad faith.

• Advertisement

Joe Biden has carried out 33 executive orders in his first week as president.

This compares to

5 by Obama
    4 by Trump
    1 by Clinton
    And zero by Bush jr

Some were directly overturning Trumps while others were because he felt it should be so.

Dictatorial like governance from the get go.

ExMachina1000: Biden is signing too many executive orders! :mad::mad::mad:

Also ExMachina1000: Why hasn't he signed this executive order yet?! :mad::mad::mad:

ExMachina1000: Biden is signing too many executive orders! :mad::mad::mad:

Also ExMachina1000: Why hasn't he signed this executive order yet?! :mad::mad::mad:

Joe is doing too much.
    What a strange opinion to have.

I’m very impressed with joe so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,204 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Joe is doing too much.
    What a strange opinion to have.

I’m very impressed with joe so far.

Can't help but compare it to if you'd dated an absolute lunatic and had to put up with her crazy sh1t for 4 plus years and then dated a plain jane.. she would seem pretty ****ing great.

No disrespect to Joe, he wouldn't have been my first choice but he's definitely night and day to Twittler who went before.

What's relevant? It's just another tweet dump with zero attempt to present a point of view. On top of that it seems like it's trying to blame Biden (2 weeks into the job) for vaccine shortages. It's pathetic and adds nothing to the thread.

Boards is about conversation and debate even if you don't agree with some opinions.

You can ignore posts that you feel are irrelevant or not worth replying to. I don't believe you can insult a poster and dredge up some past Trump nonsense every time.

It's going to be a fairly dull thread if you don't allow different opinions to air.

There is an increasing nastiness among those that identify as Biden fans. It's a worrying development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boards is about conversation and debate even if you don't agree with some opinions.

You can ignore posts that you feel are irrelevant or not worth replying to. I don't believe you can insult a poster and dredge up some past Trump nonsense every time.

It's going to be a fairly dull thread if you don't allow different opinions to air.

There is an increasing nastiness among those that identify as Biden fans. It's a worrying development.

they didn't share an opinion.

From the side that used childish made up up names (sleepy Joe), That continue to post videos implying Biden is some sort of pedophile, And let's not forget the months of accusations about his mental health!

I'm not saying you in particular by the way I'm saying your side/Trump fans. Where was your "worry" then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

[QUOTE=Timberrrrrrrr;116206638]From the side that used childish made up up names (sleepy Joe), That continue to post videos implying Biden is some sort of pedophile, And let's not forget the months of accusations about his mental health!

I'm not saying you in particular by the way I'm saying your side/Trump fans. Where was your "worry" then?[/QUOTE]

Come on. You guys literally had about 30 or 40 different childish nicknames for Trump, and his mental health was constantly being questioned. I don't care about childish nicknames personally or questioning peoples mental health, but why do you only care when it's the other side who do it?

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Come on. You guys literally had about 30 or 40 different childish nicknames for Trump, and his mental health was constantly being questioned. I don't care about childish nicknames personally or questioning peoples mental health, but why do you only care when it's the other side who do it?

Can you link to some of these 30 or 40 childish nicknames in this thread?

TomTomTim wrote: »

TomTomTimmy there are even more childish nicknames for Trump on reddit. Off you go! There are Irish Posters there too who will be happy to reply to you there. Good Lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So which is it? Is boards a place for opinions and debate or a place to dump shyte without comment?

Overheal wrote: »
    So which is it? Is boards a place for opinions and debate or a place to dump shyte without comment?

Both?

Biden people need to just chill out a tad. The election is over, Trump is gone.

Time to take the emotion of boards threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Both?

Use a toilet like everyone else. Or facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,204 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Both?

Trump wilfully mishandled a pandemic, there are nearly half a million deaths, he ran on hatred, vilified the weak, ripped the public off, incited a riot at which people died

"BuT pEoPlE nEeD tO cAlM dOwN"

For my own part, people who come on here who either supported him or didn't take issue with his behaviour and post ridiculous one liners in an attemp to get a zinger deserve short shrift.

Both?

You have not contributed to this thread except to tell people to calm down. Clearly it is you who is still about emotional about it. If you have nothing constructive to add, perhaps sit back, relax and read our constructive posts rather than telling people what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,998 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Both?

While Trump was President, you were pleading that he not be discussed because he was President of America, not Ireland, so why should a discussion Board, or Radio Stations in Ireland be so interested in him.

Now you are pleading that he not be discussed because he is no longer President.
    Given the type of President he was, he is going to be discussed for a long time. Not because people are infatuated, but his actions need to be discussed so that they are understood as to just how inappropriate they were.

We are seeing Mini-Me versions try to go with the same narrative and it is a genuinely dangerous path for America to be on and given their direct influence on the world and the passive influence their politicians have on political norms elsewhere, we should continue to pay close attention.

Last of all, his second impeachment trial is being held this week. If you do not think that he is a relevant topic to be alluded to on a thread about the current President who is only in the job 3 weeks, you have no business discussing current affairs.

More Americans have died from COVID-19 in the first three weeks of Joe Biden's presidency than during the entire Vietnam War, a grim milestone for a leader who vowed to make ending the pandemic "the first priority, the second priority, and the third priority" of his administration.

The COVID-19 death count since Biden took office on Jan. 20 surpassed 60,000 over the weekend. That is more than the 58,220 American soldiers who died in the Vietnam War between 1964 and 1975.

Numerous media outlets marked the occasion when COVID-19 deaths surpassed Vietnam War deaths under former president Donald Trump. NPR, among others, reported at the time:

Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) Tweeted:
    BIDEN'S VIETNAM: 60K Americans Dead from COVID-19 in First Three Weeks of Presidency

Via @AndrewStilesUSA

https://t.co/vxBVyZM9Rv https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/1358835485053865987?s=20

With him now saying herd immunity won't be achieved until after the summer due to shortage of vaccines the old blaming the trump administration won't be an option forever.
    That will only fly for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,998 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

More Americans have died from COVID-19 in the first three weeks of Joe Biden's presidency than during the entire Vietnam War, a grim milestone for a leader who vowed to make ending the pandemic "the first priority, the second priority, and the third priority" of his administration.

The COVID-19 death count since Biden took office on Jan. 20 surpassed 60,000 over the weekend. That is more than the 58,220 American soldiers who died in the Vietnam War between 1964 and 1975.

Numerous media outlets marked the occasion when COVID-19 deaths surpassed Vietnam War deaths under former president Donald Trump. NPR, among others, reported at the time:

BIDEN'S VIETNAM: 60K Americans Dead from COVID-19 in First Three Weeks of Presidency

Via @AndrewStilesUSA

https://t.co/vxBVyZM9Rv https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/1358835485053865987?s=20

With him now saying hard immunity won't be achieved until after the summer due to shortage of vaccines i wonder how much longer it will be before he can stop blaming the trump administration.

The people who are dying now are still large those who got ill as a consequence of picking it up before Biden was inaugurated.

It shows your incapacity to understand the pandemic that you would post this nonsense.

Trump had 3 years prior to Covid during which he disbanded the Office trying to ensure preparedness for pandemics, downplayed the disease and repeatedly tried to encourage people to take part in activities which led to the spread of the disease.

Biden has mandated a federal mask program, has consistently reminded people how dangerous it is, has encouraged the NFL to offer their stadiums as vaccination centres and is also getting the army involved to help administer the vaccines.

What do you think Biden should have done differently since the 20th of January?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Everyone is well aware that death counts lag behind death counts by a few weeks, so here is a much better indicator that I am sure 12guage Dave and others will be as eager to discuss:

The 7 day rolling average for cases on Jan 20th was 197,000. As of Feb 5th, it is 116,000, a drop off of 41% in less than 3 weeks of Joe Biden assuming office (both Feb 6th and 7th were lower again, at 108,000 and 89,000).

Just goes to show how many hundreds of thousands could have been saved if not for Trumps amazingly poor performance over 2020.

How dare he not have ended the pandemic by now! When, in your highly educated opinion, is an acceptable end date? This Friday? Next Friday?

Via @AndrewStilesUSA

With him now saying herd immunity won't be achieved until after the summer due to shortage of vaccines the old blaming the trump administration won't be an option forever.

Cases are dropping rapidly, thus deaths will drop.

Did you think it was going to stop on inauguration day?

Via @AndrewStilesUSA

Would you like to tell us what he should have done differently since you seem get some form of enjoyment from constantly attacking him?

What affect were you expecting a new president to have in less than three weeks? If the new president instead happened to be a world leading pathologist, do you think the pandemic would have disappeared by now or something?

And I assume you've decided to ignore the fact that the reason things are currently the way they are is because of Trump's administration rather than Biden's?

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-says-trump-administrations-handling-covid-19-more-dire-we-thought-1567426

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Via @AndrewStilesUSA

You should be embarrassed for posting that, implying the Covid deaths during Biden's first three weeks are the fault if his, rather than the previous, administration. That post displays a staggering lack of thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Okay folks I think we can all safely let Dave on in his make believe world. There is zero chance he is posting in good faith.

You should be embarrassed for posting that

Should be but won't be. Will be back tomorrow posting similar nonsense. It's a shame that this kind of bad faith posting is ruining the thread and distracting from the good work that's been highlighted. Guess we shouldn't be surprised though, Trumpists aren't interested in facts or genuine discussion. They'll eventually tire themselves out with their inane postings or get banned anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Psaki says they keep Biden too busy so he won't be watching the 2nd Trump Impeachment Trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Can you link to some of these 30 or 40 childish nicknames in this thread?
    Not in this thread, but though the past election threads, there were numerous examples of Trump being called stupid names (and indeed, at one time, a thread dedicated specifically to nicknames), questions about his mental health (due to how he held a glass or water, or walked down a ramp), even a stupid suggestion that he was wearing a nappy.

Go through my own posts to see what I think of Trump, but there's no denying there was utterly infantile stuff from both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

osarusan wrote: »
    Not in this thread, but though the past election threads, there were numerous examples of Trump being called stupid names (and indeed, at one time, a thread dedicated specifically to nicknames), questions about his mental health (due to how he held a glass or water, or walked down a ramp), even a stupid suggestion that he was wearing a nappy.

Go through my own posts to see what I think of Trump, but there's no denying there was utterly infantile stuff from both sides.

evidence was provided so not a stupid suggestion. But this is the Biden thread not the trump thread.

Scrotus......lol!

I'm not quite sure what a thread in after hours specifically about nicknames for Trump has to do with a Biden presidency thread in current affairs. As far as I can tell, considering how easy it is to insult him, there has been very few instances of it in this thread and similar threads.

However, if you are looking for such nicknames, you can find a comprehensive list here. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Via @AndrewStilesUSA

Is that a parody of a Trump supporter, or is that comment actually genuine.
    Are we really at that level of stupidity that Biden was supposed to solve the covid pandemic in a fortnight.

• Advertisement

Via @AndrewStilesUSA

Wow!!! That's just sad....the absolute desperation of the Trump zealots over the last few days has been so entertaining:D

Advertisement