Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newhouse87

If I understand what you're saying through your awful use of grammar and punctuation, then no, we would not believe that Kayleigh was homophobic if she implied someone was bisexual before they came out as bisexual.

Would you condemn her for alleging it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

A wall in action, brilliant.

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Would you condemn her for alleging it?

Yes, I already told you that in my last sentence here.

Yes, I already told you that in my last sentence here.

So do you condemn psaki for alleging it about graham?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

are you guys for real?

i asked do walls work and posted a picture of a wall in action.

has anyone actually addressed the argument. if its so easy, bat me away.

too much if that:

Sorry, whoever said wall don't work! Work as what?

The wall that Trump promised to build, and have Mexico pay for, was never going to work because of a myriad of issues. Cost, geography, private land ownership, continuous repair, cost of policing.

In the picture of the wall, you do know there are also 25k NG troops in the area, along with the local police force?

Also, if people were simply able to get an aeroplane to fly to land beside the capital building then that wall wouldn't work either as it so easy to bypass it. That before we get the issue of ladders, tunnels etc.

But you don' have to take my word for it, Trump didn't build it, so clearly everyone, even Trump agrees that it was a nonsense.

So do you condemn psaki for alleging it about graham?

Yes, I condemn her for referring to someone as homosexual without any evidence that that this is the case, and I condemn you for referring to someone as homophobic without any evidence that that this is the case.

If you are upset about Psaki's tweet, you should be upset at yourself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Ok, so Trump fans latest angle is that the Biden admin are homophobic now? Whats it gonna be next - Biden is too pro gun??? Lads ye are gas

Yes, I condemn her for referring to someone as homosexual without any evidence that that this is the case, and I condemn you for referring to someone as homophobic without any evidence that that this is the case.

If you are upset about Psaki's tweet, you should be upset at yourself too.

Just glad you had a bit of a back bone to acknowledge the wrong about her allegations. Don't mind me im only here to waste sometime at work. Have a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,301 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

lets circle the wagons.

Just glad you had a bit of a back bone to acknowledge the wrong about her allegations. Don't mind me im only here to waste sometime at work. Have a good day.

And it looks like you don't have the same backbone as me to acknowledge what was wrong about your allegations unfortunately. Enjoy work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Continued running Executive order count:

Days as president: 20

Continued running Executive order count:

Executive orders signed: 52

Games of golf: 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

are you guys for real?

i asked do walls work and posted a picture of a wall in action.

has anyone actually addressed the argument. if its so easy, bat me away.

too much if that:

You said "Joe built" the wall, did Biden himself ask for the wall? Or did his security detail and local police make the decision to build the wall around the capitol?

the wall is to keep people out, i know your all tired but surely you can see that?

guarantee if everyone that immigrated illegally into texas was immediately shipped to Delaware or Washington, there would be something done.

says it all really that you defend this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the wall is to keep people out, i know your all tired but surely you can see that?

guarantee if everyone that immigrated illegally into texas was immediately shipped to Delaware or Washington, there would be something done.

classy.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Games of golf: 0

Scandalous tweets 0

Other world leaders laughing at him 0

Embarrassing moments 0

You said "Joe built" the wall, did Biden himself ask for the wall? Or did his security detail and local police make the decision to build the wall around the capitol?

Neither, the wall fence has been there since July.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/08/03/the-white-house-has-become-a-militarized-island-in-downtown-dc/

classy.

how are you?

giphy.gif

Ah right, so Trump built it, well he did promise the people a wall/fence.

• Advertisement

y0ssar1an22 , can you explain why, if the wall was such a remarkable and workable idea, that Trump failed so spectacularly to build it?

Leroy42 wrote: »
    y0ssar1an22 , can you explain why, if the wall was such a remarkable and workable idea, that Trump failed so spectacularly to build it?

money

how are you?

I'm fine thanks. do you actually have a question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

It will be good to get back to normal politics where Biden will make mistakes, have policies that will be criticised, even within his own party and by democrats, and be held to account by a free media.

Biden will and should be criticised.

What we have at the moment though is just nonsense from certain sections. Trump supporters flailing about for any dirt they can find.

money

with all the billions he took from the defence budget you would think he had enough. It is almost like it was a stupid idea to begin with.

what do all biden supporters make of this video?

whats your opinion on it?

Did you even watch it? The girls father is interviewed saying there was nothing untoward happening and he was just leaning talking to her. Do you know more than the girls father?

Have you any comment on Trump walking into changing rooms while teenage girls are undressed and boasting about it?

• Advertisement

how many times will you post the same video? you must have it bookmarked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,204 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Any post i have seen posted by pro Trump folks are either delusional or disingenuous.

When will it ever ****ing change?

Here you go. Read from this post onwards, we're not repeating the same discussion over and over again every few weeks just because you can't use the search function.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116081021&postcount=1309

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

salmocab wrote: »
    A wall in action, brilliant.

Genuine lol there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,995 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was outraged when I seen it first. A couple of months later when still very annoyed about it I decided to look at as many videos of Biden as I could and what became clear is that Biden is just a very handsy person no matter if it's men, women or children so it became clear there's nothing perverse about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭randd1

everlast75 wrote: »
    Any post i have seen posted by pro Trump folks are either delusional or disingenuous.

When will it ever ****ing change?

It won't. Their entire outlook is based on conspiracy theories that support the cult of Trumpism at this point. They have nothing else.

It's manifestly sad that people descend into this state of religious subservience, especially when they convince themselves the conman is their hero.

At the end of the day, you're dealing with religious fanatics, not that different to the Taliban or Boko Haram (expect without the mass murder). All that matters is their religion.

And in the religion of Trumpism, being deluded or disingenuous because you've been told "the truth" by the conspiracy theory means they will never change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

money

Because close associates of Trump stole from the money that was supposed to build it?

money

You are going to have to give a bit more detail.

You think that the US didn't have enough money to build the wall, Trump couldn't secure any money to build it, that the cost out weighted the benefit?

US has plenty of money, Trump spent 200bn+ in the military during his time (that is on top off the already 2.8tn that was already going to be spent.

If is works, then surely it would have been built regardless of the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭weisses

money

And yet the then idiot in charge pardoned the man Charged wit fraud, who took money from donation to build the wall.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/20/904245273/steve-bannon-arrested-in-scheme-to-raise-money-for-trumps-border-wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

weisses wrote: »
    And yet the then idiot in charge pardoned the man Charged wit fraud, who took money from donation to build the wall.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/20/904245273/steve-bannon-arrested-in-scheme-to-raise-money-for-trumps-border-wall

This is what makes ardent Trumpists look stupid and ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b2n7opx9a55rz3fspem60q6tiet7653a4vv0lwxkt&rid=giphy.gif

I don't get it

The wall was never going to be built, it was a three word slogan for the weak of mind to latch onto. He knew it wouldn’t be built but went through the motions until it didn’t matter anymore.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    I don't get it

You're being tagged in to take over with the nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

You're being tagged in to take over with the nonsense.

Oh right, thought I had missed a reference or something, funny..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

The absolute desperation in trying to make Biden look bad is hilarious. While yer all slinging imaginary mud Biden is working. Something the walls of the white house haven't seen in 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

how many times will you post the same video? you must have it bookmarked.

They must have a shared drive with all these videos on there and just take turns posting. Sad.

ollkiller wrote: »
    The absolute desperation in trying to make Biden look bad is hilarious. While yer all slinging imaginary mud Biden is working. Something the walls of the white house haven't seen in 4 years.

Oddly I don’t think many here actually think Biden is anything more than a competent hand at the wheel, I’d say few would have picked him as their nominee. He will make mistakes as every president does the world over. People will happily admit he’s made those mistakes but unfortunately because of the 4 years we’ve just seen Trumpists will just try to make noise as that’s how they think it’s meant to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Cody montana

money

Thought Mexico were paying for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,998 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

My opinion is that it is an attempt to portray him as some sort of a deviant when all it is is someone who is only guilty of possibly not being being as professional as he could have been.

The constant referral to and posting of this video shows the lack of objective argument in his capacity or performance as President and is an attempt by Trump fanatics and fantasists to create a false equivalence that both men are of a similar standing.

Each time I see it being posted, it reminds me that that poster is really hurting at his guy having lost and is using a propaganda piece to try to ignore reality.

I laugh dismissively at it because I know what is behind it.

salmocab wrote: »
    Oddly I don’t think many here actually think Biden is anything more than a competent hand at the wheel, I’d say few would have picked him as their nominee. He will make mistakes as every president does the world over. People will happily admit he’s made those mistakes but unfortunately because of the 4 years we’ve just seen Trumpists will just try to make noise as that’s how they think it’s meant to be done.

competent is a massive step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,310 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jen Psaki already had lady g homophobic slur at Lindsay graham last year and now is mocking reporters questions after a few weeks, seems a real piece of work. No answer to the reporters questions of the over 1000 jobs lost on the keystone pipeline. He simply asked when they can expect green jobs and was mocked. At least Kayleigh was easy on the eye.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9239485/Jen-Psaki-mocks-reporter-1-000-people-work-president-decision-cancel-Keystone-XL-pipeline.html

Some people are calling this comment creepy

competent is a massive step up.

Massive step up is right. It’s the very least a president should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You've posted the same post twice in as many pages. It's been debunked so many times and it just shows that you've nothing else to say and that you fall back to this, pathetic at this stage and contributes nothing to this thread

Overheal wrote: »
    Some people are calling this comment creepy

If its creepy to notice an attractive person, them im creepy, you got me.

Guess joe is creepy too then?
    https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/politics/natl-biden-gushes-over-ukraines-beautiful-women/1837034/

Game set and match overheal haha, have a lovely day. Do research before you accuse people of being creepy. Was a snide remark from you, thought you were better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,998 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

money

What happened to him making Mexico pay for it?

Advertisement