Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Just going back to my post about EOs, is it literally a sh!t talking point from Fox when the Dem POTUS uses it it's bad and when a republican POTUS does it's fine?

It's because they're hypocrites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭listermint

newhouse87 wrote: »
    OK ,but in that particular post listermint totally mis-represented my point and failed to apologize. I have been wrong on boards before and apologized. Its just decency to acknowledge being wrong.

I posted an awknowledgment. You even replied to it.

Are you always this irrational on the internet.

listermint wrote: »

Yes. Every time it is pointed out to him that he is objectively wrong he always says something like "lol well anyway I have to get back to work bye".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Yes. Every time it is pointed out to him that he is objectively wrong he always says something like "lol well anyway I have to get back to work bye".

Fact is i was right, listermint was wrong.. You mean wrong in your eyes. Yes i do need to go back to work, its tiring arguing with non-sensical hypocrites all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newhouse87

listermint wrote: »

I was wrong on boards and i replied directly to poster as an apology, its just decency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I was wrong on boards and i replied directly to poster as an apology, its just decency.

It's Friday lad. Chill out. There's no victories in the internet world only learnings.

I replied fair point which suggests that I hadn't seen that angle. I.e comma. So therefore it changes things.

Most people would disappear off thread with a whitty exit comment. Most people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Fact is i was right, listermint was wrong.. You mean wrong in your eyes. Yes i do need to go back to work, its tiring arguing with non-sensical hypocrites all day.

Congratulations:rolleyes:

giphy.gif

If you're not going to apologise to the homosexual poster on here who you claimed should "know better" about homophobia, don't expect an apology over something as trivial as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

The Lincoln Project seem to be in a little bit of Federal trouble..

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1360085473784332293?s=19

Seems they have hacked, illegally gained access to a former workers twitter DMs and posted them on their twitter last night! If everything is being consistent with twitter rules, theur account should be locked/banned like what happened with the Hunter Biden story.

I'd love to know how they've come to that ruling, literally you can have access to someone's account, DMs illegally, publish them and it doesn't break the rules!! *YepOkay.gif*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,204 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seems they have hacked, illegally gained access to a former workers twitter DMs and posted them on their twitter last night! If everything is being consistent with twitter rules, theur account should be locked/banned like what happened with the Hunter Biden story.

Always considered them to be "an enemy of the enemy" and nothing more.

I've no sympathy for any legal woes they find themselves in.

• Advertisement

Would you not think it better that the DOJ investigates, i don't like the idea of a state investigating itself.

If there's a legitimate concern, yep. But definitely wouldn't do it based on the back of a New York Post article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

So, this is more evidence of corruption and illegal behaviour within the Republican party.

Their claim of being the party of law and order is becoming more ironic by the day.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Always considered them to be "an enemy of the enemy" and nothing more.

I've no sympathy for any legal woes they find themselves in.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1360227192223854593?s=19

Deep sh!t.. hopefully the Lincoln project releases everyone from their NDA's so any and all evidence can come forward.

Were they even any help in turning republicans against trump, the votes say no considering he got millions more then he did in 16.

Anyway, probably not the thread for getting too deep into it.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    So, this is more evidence of corruption and illegal behaviour within the Republican party.

Their claim of being the party of law and order is becoming more ironic by the day.

No but kind of lol, the whole thing stinks of the trump grifting of raising millions of $$$$ and it disappearing into shell companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1360227192223854593?s=19

Deep sh!t.. hopefully the Lincoln project releases everyone from their NDA's so any and all evidence can come forward.

Were they even any help in turning republicans against trump, the votes say no considering he got millions more then he did in 16.

Anyway, probably not the thread for getting too deep into it.

Their goal was to make a lot of money and they did.

The idea that they were turning out voters is hilarious as those cheering them on were die hard liberals who weren't exactly on the fence before they emerged .

I am a little surprised by how shocked by people are about these scandals, all of them involved have very dodgy pasts and opinions before Trump ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,998 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Smee_Again wrote: »

Note 2 days ago Lindsey Graham called the impeachment of someone for inciting a crowd who attacked the capitol 'offensive and absurd'.

There's an ongoing situation which Biden should be acting swiftly on.
    One of his Deputy Press Secretaries spoke inappropriately to a journalist and has been suspended for a week.
    That ordinarily might have been enough but Biden specifically said if he heard of any such thing happening, he would fire that person on the spot.

This is an opportunity to show that he can be trusted to do what he said he was going to do.

There's an ongoing situation which Biden should be acting swiftly on.
    One of his Deputy Press Secretaries spoke inappropriately to a journalist and has been suspended for a week.
    That ordinarily might have been enough but Biden specifically said if he heard of any such thing happening, he would fire that person on the spot.

This is an opportunity to show that he cab be trusted to do what he said he was going to do.

Would have gotten a promotion from Trump...

Would have gotten a promotion from Trump...

Let's be absolutely clear.

When incidents of this happened within the Trump administration, and they did, they were carried out by people including Trump himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

There is a video circulating where Biden is taking at some event. Maybe a donor event.
    Biden is talking about how how he voted for 700 miles of fencing at the border , talking about how anyone who hires illegals should face heavy consequence and most interestingly he repeatedly says Mexicans are bringing "tons and I mean tons" of drugs across the border.

This story never gained traction. Media would have been all over it normally if someone else had said it.

Has anyone else seen it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

There is a video circulating where Biden is taking at some event. Maybe a donor event.
    Biden is talking about how how he voted for 700 miles of fencing at the border , talking about how anyone who hires illegals should face heavy consequence and most interestingly he repeatedly says Mexicans are bringing "tons and I mean tons" of drugs across the border.

This story never gained traction. Media would have been all over it normally if someone else had said it.

Has anyone else seen it?

Maybe you could find it.

Has anyone else seen it?

No they wouldn't have. That video was posted in the Trump thread and people tried to imply that should have been the case there and the mods had to clean up the thread as people suggesting that were talking nonsense.

You can find my opinion here.
    Nothing hypocritical about what he said if you know what he's talking about. And you clearly don't.

The overwhelming majority of democrats do not want nor did they ever want a 100% open border and they also largely support stopping illegal immigration. They have voted repeatedly to build border fences to cut off high-traffic areas, which is what Biden is talking about in that video.

What they do not support is spending billions on a wall spanning the entire border. That is putting a large, expensive bandage on the problem rather than trying to fix the source of the problem. Biden's point in this video is that fencing can help prevent trafficking, but illegal immigration will only end once inequality is solved in Mexico.

That's the kind of statement I like to hear from a president.

But you can continue to take things out of context and believe what you like, at least you've found a new poster that you can spam thank. <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »
    But in this world, a crappy YouTube video is more Credible that an actual press release right?
    Are you saying that's not Joe Biden on camera saying those words?
    Cause it sounds like that is what you're saying.

biko wrote: »
    Are you saying that's not Joe Biden on camera?

No he is not, and you know that.

duploelabs wrote: »

It's a daily caller video? Surprise surprise.

No wonder Ex referred to it rather than post it

This makes it not true? That's not Joe Biden?

Thanks for that. Biden honest and erudite as ever. Came across very well. In the part of the video where you could see it was actually Biden, he made some great points about the irrelevance of a border wall in the context of climate change and pandemics.

• Advertisement

This makes it not true? That's not Joe Biden?

You're the only one in this thread who is saying it's not Joe Biden.

CNN agrees it's Biden.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/10/politics/kfile-biden-drugs-fence-2006/index.html
    "Folks, I voted for a fence, I voted, unlike most Democrats -- and some of you won't like it -- I voted for 700 miles of fence," Biden told the group. "But, let me tell you, we can build a fence 40 stories high -- unless you change the dynamic in Mexico and -- and you will not like this, and -- punish American employers who knowingly violate the law when, in fact, they hire illegals. Unless you do those two things, all the rest is window dressing."

So we all agree.

Are you aware that you're talking to yourself?

No wonder Ex referred to it rather than post it

Isn't it refreshing to hear a president of the United States talking about climate change again? To have a president who has the intellect to actually understand the science and its implications. Rather than a shallow egotist.

In fairness the full video and the edited video of him actually speaking at the event are two different stories.
    The context is different.

I post proof Biden voted for the wall before Trump was even on the scene.

Biden supporter ignores wall vote and "isn't it refreshing that he talks about climate change?"

• Advertisement

Biden supporter; "isn't it refreshing that he talks about climate change?"

No he didn't. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

No he didn't. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    How about you post "your truth"? Does it contradict what Biden says on camera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,995 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

biko wrote:
    How about you post "your truth"?
    How about you give us the date of this vote for a wall?

I have already done so, but I will post it again, just for you.
    Nothing hypocritical about what he said if you know what he's talking about. And you clearly don't.

The overwhelming majority of democrats do not want nor did they ever want a 100% open border and they also largely support stopping illegal immigration. They have voted repeatedly to build border fences to cut off high-traffic areas, which is what Biden is talking about in that video.

What they do not support is spending billions on a wall spanning the entire border. That is putting a large, expensive bandage on the problem rather than trying to fix the source of the problem. Biden's point in this video is that fencing can help prevent trafficking, but illegal immigration will only end once inequality is solved in Mexico.

That's the kind of statement I like to hear from a president.

But you can continue to take things out of context and believe what you like, at least you've found a new poster that you can spam thank. <3

Biden supporter ignores wall vote and "isn't it refreshing that he talks about climate change?"

If you have a problem with what I post, why not address me directly?

• Advertisement

Speaking of "truth", did you know that your "truth" video was flagged as false by Facebook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Oh that video again. Didn't get the desired reaction in the other thread so reposting it here. The desperation is hilarious.

Oh that video again. Didn't get the desired reaction in the other thread so reposting it here. The desperation is hilarious.

There's a distinct pattern here. Once the poster is presented with facts they suddenly disappear.

There's a distinct pattern here. Once the poster is presented with facts they suddenly disappear.

I think there's been about 7/8 Trumpists across both threads who tried to make out that this video was significant and yet not a single one of them could reply to my response about it, even when I directly asked them to. Sad.

I think there's been about 7/8 Trumpists across both threads who tried to make out that this video was significant and yet not a single one of them could reply to my response about it, even when I directly asked them to. Sad.

In many ways, these posters are shooting themselves in the foot. No matter what the subject, their posts have much less credibility because they're knowingly posting fake news here. So, if I now see them post 'facts' about e.g. Irish history or Asian traditions, I'll be far less inclined to accept these 'facts' at face value.

I did reply on the thread once the full video had been posted by someone else

"In fairness the full video and the edited video of him actually speaking at the event are two different stories.
    The context is different."

I did reply on the thread once the full video had been posted by someone else

"In fairness the full video and the edited video of him actually speaking at the event are two different stories.
    The context is different."

That is not a reply to my post. I never mentioned anything about whether the video was full or edited. Would you like to reply to my post?

Speaking of "truth", did you know that your "truth" video was flagged as false by Facebook?
    Was is false?
    It looks like an accurate video and also CNN refers to what Biden says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Was is false?

Have you watched the full video or just the edited one that has been dumped in threads as some sort of "Gotcha" moment?

Was is false?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jan/26/facebook-posts/biden-did-back-long-border-fence-2006-comparison-2/

• Advertisement
Advertisement