Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

To be fair, it concludes that it's accurate for the most part.
    The post is partially accurate but leaves out important details — our definition of Half True

Regardless, I hate these modern fact checkers, as they only exists because people are too lazy to do their own work, and end up solely relying on these sites for the "truth".

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »

Regardless, I hate these modern fact checkers, as they only exists because people are too lazy to do their own work, and end up solely relying on these sites for the "truth".

The poster they were responding to literally claimed the untrue parts as true... The necessity of fact checking is because of the likes of machina or Biko regularly either believing the misrepresentations or not caring that they're untrue. They're a necessary public service for that reason..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,995 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Here we have an open and honest government who don't try and protect somebody who does something stupid. Ducklo was way out of order threatening a reporter but he is suspended without pay and probably will lose his position. No hiding or trying to bury it which is great to see.
    https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1196870/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

biko wrote: »
    Was is false?
    It looks like an accurate video and also CNN refers to what Biden says.

You do realise that Biden was speaking 14 years ago? That he categorically ruled out building a wall before and after the election? That this video has been dismissed as a doctored piece of rubbish? That what he is saying was taken completely out of context? That if Facebook, of all organisations, labels it as fake then it's definitely a doctored piece of rubbish.

Do you have anything of substance to support whatever argument you are trying to make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

biko wrote: »
    Was is false?
    It looks like an accurate video and also CNN refers to what Biden says.

Expected better.

Democrats have always been in favour of building infrastructure at the border (north and south), the difference is that most politicians (even GOP) agree that a border wall that trump wanted to build (and subsequently fall down anyway) is a monumentally stupid, braindead, moronic, useless idea, like most of the ideas that come out of trumps stupid, braindead, moronic, useless head.

His wall was useless, and he made military schoolchildren pay for it instead of mexico like he promised.

Biden understands that infrastructure isn't the only requirement, and so is likely to pursue that approach.

Do you understand this? Do you see the difference? Because, I, and most people, can.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Here we have an open and honest government who don't try and protect somebody who does something stupid. Ducklo was way out of order threatening a reporter but he is suspended without pay and probably will lose his position. No hiding or trying to bury it which is great to see.

It's also the proper process.

Suspension, investigate, then action, not random firings, hirings and inept chaos (but TV ratings!).

TomTomTim wrote: »

It's accurate in that what he said there is what he, and the majority of democrats, believed then and still believe now, i.e. that border fences are currently necessary at high-traffic areas. However, it is inaccurate in the sense as to what Trumpists are suggesting this implies, i.e. that at once stage Biden was in favour of building a border-long wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The ones who were loving that video all seem to have disappeared (again).

I'm sure they will be along again in a day or two when the conversation has moved on with yet another idiotic, badly edited video or some minor whinge that Biden has done too much/not enough in regards to XYZ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The ones who were loving that video all seem to have disappeared (again).

I'm sure they will be along again in a day or two when the conversation has moved on with yet another idiotic, badly edited video or some minor whinge that Biden has done too much/not enough in regards to XYZ.

Ah you forgot the single YouTube link with 'what do you think of this?' under it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

francois wrote: »

*shocked Pikachu*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Cody montana

francois wrote: »

A spineless toad.
    I expected nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

So we can confirm that biden is a hypocrite now at the very least?

He wanted 700miles of border

Now he stops construction.

What changed his mind I wonder?

If I was just a voice recording I'd swear it was donald trump speaking.

I specifically addressed the question of whether he was not a hypocrite by explaining that no, he is not a hypocrite. Perhaps try replying to my post instead of putting your fingers in your ears.

Edit: And you saying you were done in this thread lasts a total of a couple of days. I think I lost my bet as I said a couple of weeks. :(

Was that Joe Biden in the video?

Yes

Or

No

• Advertisement

Yes

Or

No

Yes, it was. Keep going. You're going to try and explain how what he said makes him a hypocrite, and it's going to be hilarious.

Yes, it

Thankyou for your honesty.

No problem. If you had read my earlier posts, you would have realised that I have said that many times. But myself and others will continue to repeat things and to do your googling for you, don't worry about it.

Just to highlight it, I will again post the response I made to you yourself yesterday and to others this morning who incorrectly implied that Biden was a hypocrite because of the video so people can again see that you are choosing to ignore it and not reply to it, and instead are continuing to ask the same questions even though you have already got your response.
    Nothing hypocritical about what he said if you know what he's talking about. And you clearly don't.

The overwhelming majority of democrats do not want nor did they ever want a 100% open border and they also largely support stopping illegal immigration. They have voted repeatedly to build border fences to cut off high-traffic areas, which is what Biden is talking about in that video.

What they do not support is spending billions on a wall spanning the entire border. That is putting a large, expensive bandage on the problem rather than trying to fix the source of the problem. Biden's point in this video is that fencing can help prevent trafficking, but illegal immigration will only end once inequality is solved in Mexico.

That's the kind of statement I like to hear from a president.

But you can continue to take things out of context and believe what you like, at least you've found a new poster that you can spam thank. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

As a fan of Trump I'm kind of enjoying Biden's presidency so far. He seems decent and hardworking and he has a message I can get behind (healing). Only thing I don't like is that he is rejoining the WHO and he should be more receptive to the Iranians.

• Advertisement

As a fan of Trump I'm kind of enjoying Biden's presidency so far. He seems decent and hardworking and he has a message I can get behind (healing). Only thing I don't like is that he is rejoining the WHO and he should be more receptive to the Iranians.

Can I ask why you don't think American should rejoin the WHO?

Rejoining symbolises America's commitment to cooperate with other countries on the matter of health crises which, as we've seen the this pandemic, can be a global problem. It's beneficial for everyone to have a structure through which each country can communicate and cooperate with each other.

Also, if you don't like the way WHO is operating, then America would at least have a seat on the board to change how it operates.

Despite having large political differences, much larger than the current differences between USA and China mind you, Smallpox was eradicated because the US and the Soviet Union worked together, and this was partly done through the WHO. It's very unlikely that those two nations would have worked together to successfully eradicate Smallpox during the height of the Cold War if the WHO did not exist.

Yes, the director-general of the WHO has probably been nicer than both you and I would like him to be to China. That, however, is necessary for the greater good. We need China to cooperate with international disease control efforts now just like we needed the Soviet Union to do likewise in the past. And sometimes the only way of doing that is to play nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yes

Or

No

Being deliberately obtuse again...your schtick is tedious.

Jesus Christ.
    Is this the level we're at?

Jesus Christ.
    Is this the level we're at?

He's actually said that exact phrase a few times. And every time he completely ignores the rest of the post.

This is funny because of how utterly clueless you seem to be.

How long do you think the border fencing between Mexico and the United States currently is (I'll give you a hint, Joe Biden knows).

You'll have to use Google yourself this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

astrofool wrote: »
    This is funny because of how utterly clueless you seem to be.

How long do you think the border fencing between Mexico and the United States currently is (I'll give you a hint, Joe Biden knows).

You'll have to use Google yourself this time.

The whole thing is a load of bull.. like Joe has said, and it's been proven, republicans benefit from the illegal workers getting across the lines. It's all about the bottom $ and fcuk the american workers on their minimum wage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Yes

Or

No

Ok then. You win the argument. Oh actually wait. You don't. Normally when I comment on a thread I'll read a few pages beforehand to see if the point I'm about to raise has been answered. You should try it some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Raskin is a great speaker.

Wrong thread! My bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Not looking good for Fredo's brother

Not looking good for Fredo's brother

What’s this got to do with Biden?

• Advertisement

What’s this got to do with Biden?

Democrat, NY Governor. Praised by Biden for his handling of the pandemic in his state.

Democrat, NY Governor. Praised by Biden for his handling of the pandemic in his state.

So nothing.

Though.
    He should resign.

So nothing.

Though.
    He should resign

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,205 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,998 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Proper order.

Great job all around, many would have tried to bury this or find a amway around it but in this Presidency it's not accepted which is great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why did it take so long for this to come out? why didn't politico report on this? why didn't Biden fire him?

why did it take so long for this to come out? why didn't politico report on this? why didn't Biden fire him?
    I presume it took time for it to come to their attention. You wouldn't expect everything to blow up immediately.
    He made an apology but it wasn't accepted, I'm sure they waited for the outcome of the apology before deciding what the correct course if action would be.
    I'm sure they waited for the victim of the threat to say what she wanted done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,995 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I presume it took time for it to come to their attention. You wouldn't expect everything to blow up immediately.
    He made an apology but it wasn't accepted, I'm sure they waited for the outcome of the apology before deciding what the correct course if action would be.
    I'm sure they waited for the victim of the threat to say what she wanted done.
    it came to their attention the next day jan 21st https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02/i-will-destroy-you-biden-aide-threatened-a-politico-reporter-pursuing-a-story-on-his-relationship that was 3 weeks ago

Don't you think when a person with a high profile job threatens somebody, you don't allow them to continue in that job, whether that be the press or the their employers

• Advertisement

Don't you think when a person with a high profile job threatens somebody, you don't allow them to continue in that job, whether that be the press or the their employers
    I think you have to investigate first.
    How long would it take to get in touch with the relevant parties? The alleged victim might not want to talk until after taking legal advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

So does Kamala still think Joe is an abuser? Did lust for power make her forget her morals?

So does Kamala still think Joe is an abuser? Did lust for power make her forget her morals?
    What's this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

I remember Stephen Colbert asking her how she reconciles working with Biden with the accusations that she made against him in the debates. She just laughed and dodged the question, Colbert was visibly frustrated.

https://youtu.be/jkTOpWzC9Rc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ok now the show trial is over, let’s see Biden and Harris start to pull this country out of the ****.

Enough of politics and vendettas, us tax payers need to see results.

• Advertisement

NSAman wrote: »
    Ok now the show trial is over, let’s see Biden and Harris start to pull this country out of the ****.

Enough of politics and vendettas, us tax payers need to see results.

I don’t believe the American people will benefit. Joe will. Kamala will. China will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I don’t believe the American people will benefit. Joe will. Kamala will. China will.

Does it every get tiring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

listermint wrote: »
    Does it every get tiring?

It must of got somewhat tiring as that poster was quite regular in the run up to the election but then seemed to get very tired and took a break for some reason but is now recharged and ready to go.

salmocab wrote: »
    It must of got somewhat tiring as that poster was quite regular in the run up to the election but then seemed to get very tired and took a break for some reason but is now recharged and ready to go.

I got tired well before the election.

Here’s a link:
    I'm not opening my any link from the ny post. Get one from a reputable source if you want me to read it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement