Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

According to John Kerry they should have made better life choices.

were you aware you were replying to yourself? or maybe you just got a bit confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Water John wrote: »
    Poster saying Sanders min $15/hr would double present min wage. So who works for €6/hr and what society thinks it acceptable?

Different country, different currency, different tax rate, different everything.

Just because Ireland is x and somewhere else is y. It means nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

were you aware you were replying to yourself? or maybe you just got a bit confused.

Aha so replying to oneself is disallowed in communist Ireland?

who said that? just curious, no need to get excited.

who said that? just curious, no need to get excited.

Literally don’t care

• Advertisement

Literally don’t care

For someone who doesn't care you seem to be getting easily rattled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Did the introduction of a minimum wage in Ireland lead to job losses. And business owners say they can't afford a minimum wage. Well frankly f**k them. If you can't run a business that pays your staff a minimum wage then you shouldn't be in business. There are plenty of companies that can run a business and pay a minimum wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So with a stroke of a pen Biden cancels 11000 jobs. What will be the outcome of Biden’s policy of job destruction?

You mean the xl pipeline?
    Good.

Literally don’t care

that is really coming across

ollkiller wrote: »
    Did the introduction of a minimum wage in Ireland lead to job losses. And business owners say they can't afford a minimum wage. Well frankly f**k them. If you can't run a business that pays your staff a minimum wage then you shouldn't be in business. There are plenty of companies that can run a business and pay a minimum wage.

Exactly. Close 1/3 of all small businesses. Thatl learn em.

They can work in government ran factories instead and live in nearby tower blocks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Dial it back a bit or you can take a break from the thread, your choice

Communist lol

They can work in government ran factories instead and live in nearby tower blocks.

But did the introduction of minimum wages and the various small increases over the years lead to business closures?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    But did the introduction of minimum wages and the various small increases over the years lead to business closures?

Where?

In all seriousness its not a good sign, you might want to have a chat with your doctor.

Where?

You were asked a question in relation to Ireland and dodged answering the question.

You were asked a question in relation to Ireland and dodged answering the question.

We aren't talking about Ireland though are we?

This is related to the Joe Biden presidency in the United states of America.

If I posted about wages in India or Azerbaijan I'd be told to get back on topic

Easily comparable with the states though.
    But you have a habit of ignoring questions that show your argument and concerns are faux ones.
    Still waiting on your answer about the Florida gov manipulating their covid stats for example.

This is related to the Joe Biden presidency in the United states of America

You implied in this post that Ireland both introducing and gradually increasing the minimum lead to significant business closures. You were asked this because you are implying that that would also happen in America so it indeed relevant to this thread. We are now asking you for your source to this claim.

Easily comparable with the states though.
    But you have a habit of ignoring questions that show your argument and concerns are faux ones.
    Well still waiting on your answer about the Florida gov manipulating their covid stats for example.

Not at all comparable. Not in the slightest. Not even a little bit. Totally different country, economy , culture and everything else.

I have a habit of ignoring comparisons that people make up but aren't relevant

• Advertisement

You implied in this post that Ireland both introducing and gradually increasing the minimum lead to significant business closures. You were asked this because you are implying that that would also happen in America so it indeed relevant to this thread. We are now asking you for your source to this claim.

I didn't say anything about Ireland and minimum wage. Not once

Not at all comparable. Not in the slightest. Not even a little bit. Totally different country, economy , culture and everything else.

So if it's so obviously not comparable, you can easily explain to us why it worked in Ireland but it wouldn't work in America.

I didn't say anything about Ireland and minimum wage. Not once

You didn't refute what was said in your reply to the post about Ireland.

You have a habit of ignoring facts, and posts that highlight your faux arguments and concerns.

You didn't refute what was said in your reply to the post about Ireland.

Because I didn't refute it I automatically agree with it?
    Good lord.

Well I refute it now. 100% refute. Wouldn't even consider it

You have a habit of ignoring facts, and posts that highlight your faux arguments and concerns.

Close them all down.

I don't agree that Ireland is the same as the United states.

You haven't presented any facts. Not a single one.
    You have pushed your dodgy comparison which I refute

Because I didn't refute it I automatically agree with it?
    Good lord.

Well I refute it now. 100% refute. Wouldn't even consider it

No but you avoided answering the first question that was asked of you here, but I seem to have forgotten that you are one of the posters that has a tendency to completely ignore questions, so that's on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Lidl and Aldi seem to be doing very well and growing in Ireland and their min is the Living Wage, not min wage.

No but you avoided answering the first question that was asked of you here, but I seem to have forgotten that you are one of the posters that has a tendency to completely ignore questions, so that's on me.

I cant back and forth with 5 people at once. I'm extra wary now because you think if someone doesn't refute a statement then they automatically agree with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I cant back and forth with 5 people at once. I'm extra wary now because you think if someone doesn't refute a statement then they automatically agree with it.

It's just one point. Raising the min wage is either the right or wrong thing to do.

I cant back and forth with 5 people at once.

And as we know from the past, you can't do it with one person either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Just saw this on another thread but is relevant to this discussion.

50AmuD5.jpeg

comments
    Is the red in north/south Dakota and mn native american reservations?
    Yes. Also correlates with red spots in MT, AZ, and WY
    Also corresponds with the primarily-Alaska Native villages in AK
    Poor Blacks in the South, poor Whites in Appalachia, and poor Native Americans on reservations. This is a map of poverty.

When you look at the 'Red States' (Republican and on the map) Republicans should be crying out for a wage increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,918 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Water John wrote: »
    It's just one point. Raising the min wage is either the right or wrong thing to do.

Lest we forget, several states raised their minimum wages over the last few years, and prior to 2020, the US had 'the GREATEST ECONOMY OF ALL TIME!!!'

So, maybe raising minimum wages really doesn't affect all that much.

<sarcasm>
    Besides, how can we believe anything from that economist about immigration when he, himself, is originally an illegal immigrant as he was born in Cuba and there's no legal immigration from there, amirite? Would I fit in with the QGOP in Florida?

< /sarcasm >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

It won't close 1/3 of businesses. It didn't lead to job losses in ireland when a minimum wage was introduced and it wont in america either. If a business closes beacuse it cant afford to pay the minimum wage then it shouldn't be operating as a business. Plenty of other businesses will be able to come in and run a business paying the minimum wage.

You're advocating for paying slave labour wages btw.

Will Biden’s popularity be damaged now that it is proved that the democrats doctored evidence in the trump impeachment trial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Will Biden’s popularity be damaged now that it is proved that the democrats doctored evidence in the trump impeachment trial?

Have it been proven?

All we know is that it appears something happened, but it hasn't been proven.

Innocent until proven guilty

What did Biden have to do with the impeachment trial?

What evidence was doctored?

Will Trumps popularity be damaged with McConnells words about him and the fact 7 Republicans voted against him yesterday?

So not only have you ignored my post which answers your question about five or six times, you've posted the same question in both threads so that everyone can see that you're being ignorant. Good call.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Have it been proven?

If the democrats doctored evidence in an effort to impeach trump then this is BIG news. Adds weight to the election fraud allegation too. Heads should roll.

So not only have you ignored my post which answers your question about five or six times, you've posted the same question in both threads so that everyone can see that you're being ignorant. Good call.

Did the date on the tweet go from 2020 to 2021 by itself or did the democrats photoshop it?

• Advertisement

Did the date on the tweet go from 2020 to 2021 by itself or did the democrats photoshop it?

Ah, thank you for clarifying that you don't know what you're talking about as it's actually the other way around that it went.

You yourself just made the same mistake they made...

The ironing is delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Hang back a bit, are you denying trumps tweets happened?

I mean, I know he was banned from twitter for repeatedly violating their terms and conditions, but you surely can't be denying that those tweets, seen by millions, happened, can you?

And you do understand that because he got himself banned from twitter, the only way to show the tweets now is via the plain text, or a mock up?

You do understand that don't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

An unintentional error I'm sure...see how easy it can happen. But no, it's fraud!

An unintentional error I'm sure...see how easy it can happen. But no, it's fraud!

I know it should be reported, but the question is, to a mod, or to the FBI?

Edited clips of him speaking. Large bits left out while others added in.

It's no wonder he was acquitted. Democrats ie Biden , the vp and the rest are no better than the worst of the Republicans.

They did what?! The nerve!

Any time Biden spoke they should have included the whole clip, even it was hours long and irrelevant. How could they?!

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Have it been proven?

Has it been proven, the statement of the year lol

There's proff all over YouTube and the internet lol

I can see a re-election campaign on the way ha ha ha

It's no wonder he was acquitted. Democrats ie Biden , the vp and the rest are no better than the worst of the Republicans.

Big blow to Trump to see 7 Republicans vote against him and McConnells words which followed. This could lead to the fracture of the GOP.

Good news for Democrats and Biden who in a very Presidential manner spent the week focused on his job and barely commented on the impeachment.

Such a refreshing change from the last guy who had to be in the middle of everything, even, as with the covid pandemic, when he did more harm than good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement