Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

If the democrats doctored evidence in an effort to impeach trump then this is BIG news. Adds weight to the election fraud allegation too. Heads should roll.

If? If?

I thought you said it proven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Big blow to Trump to see 7 Republicans vote against him and McConnells words which followed. This could lead to the fracture of the GOP.

Good news for Democrats and Biden who in a very Presidential manner spent the week focused on his job and barely commented on the impeachment.

Such a refreshing change from the last guy who had to be in the middle of everything, even, as with the covid pandemic, when he did more harm than good.

Even if its proven that evidence provided was falsified?

iagreebut wrote: »
    Has it been proven, the statement of the year lol

There's proff all over YouTube and the internet lol

I can see a re-election campaign on the way ha ha ha

You have prove the democrats doctored the evidence to try to fraudulently sway the Senate?

Or do you have a guess at what you think happened?

Who doctored it? When? On who's ordered? Were they paid? Out of what funds?

So we are back to everything is true until shown otherwise.

I thought it was all about innocent until proven guilty.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So we are back to everything is true until shown otherwise.

I thought it was all about innocent until proven guilty.

You should slowly read my post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's a recreation of a bloody tweet. The stuff you guys get your knickers in a twist over is hilarious considerating all the fück ups your hero made while in office.

It's a recreation of a bloody tweet. The stuff you guys get your knickers in a twist over is hilarious considerating all the fück ups your hero made while in office.

There is more to it than a stupid tweet. Nothing worse than someone uninformed about a topic screaming loudest

There is more to it than a stupid tweet.

Go on.

Go on.

Will you watch the video?

• Advertisement

Nothing worse than someone uninformed about a topic screaming loudest

You should know, you're constantly being corrected here by other posters. Please provide us with all this evidence oh wise one.

Will you watch the video?

I really really really hope that is a sarcastic post. Otherwise you are in full "fingers in your ears" mode.

You should know, you're constantly being corrected on here by other posters. Please provide us with all this evidence oh wise one.

Iv never been corrected by anyone on this thread. People have had a different opinion than me but I am never wrong. Usually posters turn to abusive comments when their argument falls apart.

Iv never been corrected by anyone on this thread. People have had a different opinion than me but I am never wrong.

Is that more sarcasm? :pac:

Did Biden have a Covid plan pre-election?

People have had a different opinion than me but I am never wrong.

Oh dear. Arrogance and a lack of self-awareness is not a pretty combination.

I did read it. You ate throwing in a completely made up conspiracy in a bid to try to deflect from the reality of what Trump is responsible for.

Are wevall just allowed to make up anything we want now?

• Advertisement

Oh dear. Arrogance and a lack of self-awareness is not a pretty combination.

Reminds me of someone, but they do say that imitation is sincerest form of flattery.

I did read it. You ate throwing in a completely made up conspiracy in a bid to try to deflect from the reality of what Trump is responsible for.

Are wevall just allowed to make up anything we want now?

Been doing that for the last few years, why would trump fans change their habits now?

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

You have prove the democrats doctored the evidence to try to fraudulently sway the Senate?

Or do you have a guess at what you think happened?

Who doctored it? When? On who's ordered? Were they paid? Out of what funds?

I don't know who did what or why, but a 14 year old who's techy could edit videos.
    So I think it's quite easy to manipulate things to go in your favour.

In the work I do it's easy to see how people's ego's get so powerful with their natural instincts and mixed anger and arrogance it's a recipe for disaster.
    Feelings of power and superiority is everywhere.

There's even people posting political stuff here and it's pointed out to them time and time again, and they just let it go over their heads.

They're so narrow minded that all they see is the bad man Trump, but he's done some good things too no doubt.
    We all know angry moody and narcissistic people, but sometimes they're in their positions because they have to make unpopular decisions, some people have no filters either.

If people open their mind's instead of being so emotive, they'll see that they're being manipulated by fake news, and this whole SJW lefty liberal thing is very un popular.

The Democrats are going to have to distance themselves from these angry mobs and bad people.
    In reality these goons are dragging the democrats through the mud, and it's not good for a country.

Thankfully the youth of Ireland see these SJWs and ultra liberals as freak's and there's people coming out of college doing sociology and psychology saying that there is a lot of liberal activist type's of people who are unable for the real world, because they're emotionally intelligence is zilch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A new poster telling one and all some lefty types are being manipulated by.....fake news.

"Its time to reward work, not just wealth. On day one,I'll move to: eliminate the Trump tax cut for the super-wealthy, cut the unjustified loopholes in our tax code and use that money to invest in America's future "

Joe Biden.

Day one has long passed. Without any action being taken whatsoever. Was it just the usual campaign empty political promises?

• Advertisement

I don't know who did what or why, but a 14 year old who's techy could edit videos.
    So I think it's quite easy to manipulate things to go in your favour.

In the work I do it's easy to see how people's ego's get so powerful with their natural instincts and mixed anger and arrogance it's a recipe for disaster.
    Feelings of power and superiority is everywhere.

There's even people posting political stuff here and it's pointed out to them time and time again, and they just let it go over their heads.

They're so narrow minded that all they see is the bad man Trump, but he's done some good things too no doubt.
    We all know angry moody and narcissistic people, but sometimes they're in their positions because they have to make unpopular decisions, some people have no filters either.

If people open their mind's instead of being so emotive, they'll see that they're being manipulated by fake news, and this whole SJW lefty liberal thing is very un popular.

The Democrats are going to have to distance themselves from these angry mobs and bad people.
    In reality these goons are dragging the democrats through the mud, and it's not good for a country.

Thankfully the youth of Ireland see these SJWs and ultra liberals as freak's and there's people coming out of college doing sociology and psychology saying that there is a lot of liberal activist type's of people who are unable for the real world, because they're emotionally intelligence is zilch...

Lost a few brain cells reading that. That's enough boards for tonight.

"Its time to reward work, not just wealth. On day one,I'll move to: eliminate the Trump tax cut for the super-wealthy, cut the unjustified loopholes in our tax code and use that money to invest in America's future "

Joe Biden.

Day one has long passed. Without any action being taken whatsoever. Was it just the usual campaign empty political promises?
    Is that more sarcasm? :pac:

Did Biden have a Covid plan pre-election?

Perhaps, rather than never being wrong, it's instead the case that you ignore questions when you realise that you're wrong. And considering how often you avoid questions, it must be the case that you're wrong quite a lot.

Lost a few brain cells reading that. That's enough boards for tonight.

Well at least it shows you up for the type of poster you are.
    So instead of responding you go along the way of undermining the post, but in reality you're just annoyed with your own interpretation of my post..

Nice one, go.easy on the gravy

Perhaps, rather than never being wrong, it's instead the case that you ignore questions when you realise that you're wrong. And considering how often you avoid questions, it must be the case that you're wrong quite a lot.

53 Executive orders in a few weeks
    0 debated in Congress

the media used to called Trump a dictator.
    Good lord

0 debated in Congress

And the media called Trump a dictator.
    Good lord

Huh, that doesn't like an answer to my question at all. Strange.

Huh, that doesn't like an answer to my question at all. Strange.

Iv lost interest in your questions and endless demands to answer them. You ignore what you don't want to hear .

Just leads to going around in circles and me getting pulled up on it by mods. It's not worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

0 debated in Congress

Good lord

why would congress debate an EXECUTIVE order. the clue is in the name.

0 debated in Congress

Good lord

That's why I would only Pop in here now and again, because the political debates on Board's can get quite heated and going through the post's trying to get an intelligent debate is like storing ice in bucket's the middle of the Sahara at midday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Joe Biden.

You'll see it in 2 weeks!

But seriously, there is procedure around setting fiscal budget for changing taxes, WHICH he has been working on since day 1 (along with undoing all the other damage his predecessor did, making him one of the busiest presidents, and many many times more energetic than his predecessor).

Still no reply yet dave? Can I get a thanks as well?

Iv lost interest in your questions and endless demands to answer them. You ignore what you don't want to hear .

Just leads to going around in circles and me getting pulled up on it by mods. It's not worth it

Well, it might be the fact that I've asked you to answer that question about 12 times and you've deflected from answering each time. And you know exactly why you've deflected from answering it every time don't you?

But yes, you were complaining about Biden not signing a particular executive order a few posts ago and are now complaining about Biden signing too many executive orders. Typical nonsense from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭maebee

So instead of responding you go along the way of undermining the post, but in reality you're just annoyed with your own interpretation of my post..

??? You thanked Gravy's post :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

0 debated in Congress

Good lord

Most were to undo changes little twice impeached trumpy made, thus did not need to go through congress.

Must be great watching Biden succeed by strokes of the pen.

*undo trump*

*undo trump*

*undo trump*

*undo trump*

53 times :D

But anyway, which of the 53 executive orders should he not have gone ahead with? What is the content of those executive orders that has you so riled up?

You wouldn't be making a post like that without any facts would you?

astrofool wrote: »
    But anyway, which of the 53 executive orders should he not have gone ahead with? What is the content of those executive orders that has you so riled up?

He has been asked that many times before and never answers. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭maebee

That's why I would only Pop in here now and again, because the political debates on Boards can get quite heated and going through the posts trying to get an intelligent debate is like storing ice in buckets the middle of the Sahara at midday...

So why did you bother joining Boards............... 4 days ago?

By the way, I would love for you to point to some examples of me ignoring what I don't want to hear like you say. Because I can easily point to examples of you ignoring what you don't want to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,995 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Water John wrote:
    Poster saying Sanders min $15/hr would double present min wage. So who works for €6/hr and what society thinks it acceptable?
    Lots of people who rely on tips in restaurants and bars. I'm sure they'd be against a minimum wage as they'd probably earn less. If you get a minimum wage the prices go up and people tip a lot less.

I think a minimum wage is a good idea in certain industries but it can't be a blanket application.

How would you know what type of poster I am? You registered 4 days ago...apparently. And I did respond - I thought your post was absolute drivel hence my comment.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

uncivil
    Iv never been corrected by anyone on this thread. People have had a different opinion than me but I am never wrong. Usually posters turn to abusive comments when their argument falls apart.
    claiming perfection
    There is more to it than a stupid tweet. Nothing worse than someone uninformed about a topic screaming loudest
    agreed
    0 debated in Congress

Good lord
    Too much done by Biden

Agreed

Joe Biden.

Too little done by Biden

and then there was this
    Beasty wrote: »
    ExMachina1000 quit the trolling or I'll threadban you

Everyone else, please do not rise to the bait

ExMachina1000, you are now threadbanned

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lots of people who rely on tips in restaurants and bars. I'm sure they'd be against a minimum wage as they'd probably earn less. If you get a minimum wage the prices go up and people tip a lot less.

I think a minimum wage is a good idea in certain industries but it can't be a blanket application.

A decent wage is much preferable to what I would consider, optional charity.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »

Agreed. I think if this national minimum wage was indeed introduced it would be a good a time as any to phase out this old-fashioned mandatory tipping tradition.

How would you know what type of poster I am? You registered 4 days ago...apparently. And I did respond - I thought your post was absolute drivel hence my comment.

Telling someone their post is drivel isn't a response,it's just trying to undermine someone's opinion, rather than ask them to explain.. their so called drivel.

I'll leave it there, because you're not interesting and lurking around my post history is creepy to be honest.

G'luck

Agreed. I think if this national minimum wage was indeed introduced it would be a good a time as any to phase out this old-fashioned mandatory tipping tradition.

Philantrophy is never a good substitute for legally enforced pay rates, or indeed and basic social good. Philantrophy is always optional and only attracts nice causes.

They're so narrow minded

SJW lefty liberal thing

goons

SJWs and ultra liberals as freak's..

I don't have time for hypocrites.
    lurking around my post history is creepy to be honest.

G'luck

You don't have any post history to "lurk" around.

"G'luck"

Water John wrote: »

Well I lived and worked in.tbe US and know plenty of people working in the food and drinks industry as bartenders and waiting staff and they are all.happy making a small wage from.tbeir employer and good tips.

It's not.like Ireland where tipping doesn't happen much.

Well I lived and worked in.tbe US and know plenty of people working in the food and drinks industry as bartenders and waiting staff and they are all.happy making a small wage from.tbeir employer and good tips.

That's all great in theory but depending on how a restaurant works for tipping, the chef cooking in the back etc might get paid very little and not benefit from tipping. You're basically relying on how businesses internally handle so certain staff members can end up being virtually ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ya my experience in usa was that some people don't even get wages and it's all tips they survive on.
    Tipping is as much apart of their culture as gun ownership.

That's all great in theory but depending on how a restaurant works for tipping, the chef cooking in the back etc might get paid very little and not benefit from tipping. You're basically relying on how businesses internally handle so certain staff members can end up being virtually ignored.

Generally it's the waiting staff and bartenders that are not well paid.
    As I said I'm only talking about specific industries. I'm in favour of a minimum wage in most industries just not in them all for obvious reasons.

Generally it's the waiting staff and bartenders that are not well paid.
    As I said I'm only talking about specific industries. I'm in favour of a minimum wage in most industries just not in them all for obvious reasons.

And there's loads of reasons why people may tip a person less or more that doesn't relate to how well they're doing their job. Anything from race, gender and whatever else can effect how a person tips. It's incredibly precarious.

https://www.eater.com/a/case-against-tipping

And there's loads of reasons why people may tip a person less or more that doesn't relate to how well they're doing their job. Anything from race, gender and whatever else can effect how a person tips. It's incredibly precarious.

https://www.eater.com/a/case-against-tipping
    Yeah, that's a social issue. That doesn't mean it's not a good thing for waiting staff and bartenders.
    I don't care the colour of your skin, your religion or anything else. I'll tip you more if you serve me well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Tips is a culture which now mostly benefits the business owner, they get to keep their prices artificially low knowing that the responsibility is directly put on the customers shoulders to effectively pay the staff directly.
    The staff, obviously aware of this, adjust their behaviour accordingly, with the fake smile and faux interest immediately switched off once a cheque is paid. And many customers apparently take advantage of the fact that they might only be in this particular establishment once while in town or whatever, and so don't tip.
    The company I am working for, doesn't reimburse tips as part of their expenses and some people who are travelling for work use this as an excuse not to tip.

Saw someone comment online earlier today that when they worked at a fast food outlet several years ago, a particular meal combo was $4.50 and the min-hourly wage was $6 something. Now, that same meal has increased to $9.20, and the min wage has increased to only $7.25

• Advertisement
Advertisement