Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

A man with a stammer stumbles on "eager to hear" and we have absolutely ridiculous accusations he was actually saying a racial slur.

This thread has gone to shit to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If
    If you're so concerned about stumbles I'm sure you'll be glad to explain why your dear leader was not a liability as you say.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-rally-twitter-roger-stone-sentence-pardon-2020-election-rally-phoenix-arizona-a9345956.html

But but "Trump is in the past" his fans cry! As they proceed to embarrass themselves again and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

namloc1980 wrote: »
    A man with a stammer stumbles on "eager to hear" and we have absolutely ridiculous accusations he was actually saying a racial slur.

It’s been allowed be brought to sh1t to be fair

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

imagine not being articulate giving nuke launch codes? sher its grand?

Good job that being able to speak beautifully isn't a requirement for issuing a launch order and the president doesn't actually read out any codes to make the launch happen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

Just a bunch of processes to confirm that the president is the person giving the instruction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

he's the ex president. unless he runs in 2024 he's in the past.

So was Hilary yet we had you lads bringing her up at every opportunity throughout Trumps presidency, the same for Obama, but now Trump is out you want us to forget all the dumb shìt he did and focus solely on Biden?

criticism is criticism is it not? whats valid criticism? are there some things we cant criticise?

Valid criticism would be calling up a president for saying

"Yes, people are dying, it is what it is"

Invalid criticism would be whinging because a president wore a tan suit or put dijon mustard on a burger.

i wasn't talking about past shortcomings, but the fact they were all there together, a common bond we have no idea about.

its been ruined now by a vendetta against trump.

ETA: calls for him not to be buried at Arlington. no library in his name. thats just hateful

You're talking about a man who is so petty he refused to allow Obama's portrait to be hung in the WH. You reap what you sow.

I said in my post I wasnt calling him a racist or that he said the word purposefully.

Like it or not he has made several mistakes while speaking this week many which can't be blamed on a stammer.

It will be interesting to see if this continues and becomes a problem.

It will continue because you cannot fully cure a speech impediment, it will only be a problem for people like yourself who will attempt to make an issue out of it.

Did you even watch the video you posted? It's clear for anyone with half a brain and an IQ over one that he is saying "eager to please".

The bottom of that barrel must be wearing thin at this stage and we're only a few weeks into his first four years :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

A lot of you are continuing to take these posters seriously when the most obvious and swear is to just give them the ockery and derision they deserve when not completelyigboring them. Just treat them and their Biden Derangement syndrome with the same sincerity they act with, basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

imagine not being articulate giving nuke launch codes? sher its grand?

i'll say 1 thing, this was a lovely moment which may not happen again:

dont know who ruined that.

Haha...George Bush started 2 wars which lead to hundreds of thousands dead, civil war in iraq , millions of refugees pouring into europe , the rise of isis . Obama killed plenty of innocent people with his drone strike policy and his involvment in the arab springs. What lovely people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You see the thing is you have the haters on both sides who cannot see the wood from the trees.
    Simple fact is that policy wise there isn't that much difference between the Democrats and Republicans.
    You have a more central, social democratic element in the Democratic party which is getting stronger but Joe Biden is certainly not one of them.
    So the Trump living haters really don't have any policies to attack so they'll go after any miniscule stuff they can.
    Joe Biden is a good man, Joe Biden is not a divisive man.
    At some stage most Trump supporters will surely realise that even if they live him he is far too divisive to be a leader. That's not getting into anything he's done or hasn't done, just the simple fact that he's hated by more people than love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

For those who keep bringing up trump as a defense for Biden need to read the first post on this thread again.

Your arguments are getting old.

For those who keep bringing up trump as a defense for Biden need to read the first post on this thread again.

You're manufacturing scandals around the most inane of things. The focus of the thread is Biden but when you start coming out with nonsense related to a man stumbling over a few words and claiming he used a racist term, which he did not. It's fair to point out that the previous president actively engaged in hate speech and people such as yourself ignored it.

Just for your sake, as I like having you around, you might want to edit that post before a mod sees it as it may be considered backseat modding.

Edit: as you've done that, I've removed my quote of your post.

Just for your sake, as I like having you around, you might want to edit that post before a mod sees it as it may be considered backseat modding.

You liitle charmer you 🙂 but thanks for advice edited it and apologise if a mod sees it that way.

• Advertisement

So are your desperately weak attempts at criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

In a way you are correct, Trump was an abomination of a president so comparison to Trump doesn't really amount to much.

So remind me again what was your criticism of Biden and the speech you linked. What did he actually say that you disagree with.

As you say this is about Biden so what are your issues with his presidency to date.

If you stopped spamming the thread with disgusting accusations like when you tried to claim Biden used the n-word, it would be a much better place to have actual discussions on policy etc. Instead it's just a rinse and repeat of Trump supporters flinging mud and derailing the thread at every opportunity.

You don't even realise your doing it but you both brought up trump in your last two posts there.

As a former cocaine addict I know what it's like to come off a hard drug but I promise it till get easier for you and you will be able to leave him in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You don't even realise your doing it but you both brought up trump in your last two posts there.

As a former cocaine addict I know what it's like to come off a hard drug but I promise it till get easier for you and you will be able to leave him in the past.

Yes, thank god trump never mentioned Obama.

Why do you keep posting fake news about Biden?

• Advertisement

More derailing. This is getting ridiculous.

Do you think you're provoking useful discussions by claiming Biden said things that he didn't? Cause that's what you've done as of late in the thread...

Do you think there is merit in what steven says that Joe Biden is getting a pass and if a Republican said the comments they would be treated much differently.

Steven Crowder (@scrowder) Tweeted:
    Could you imagine the media if Rush Limbaugh said some of the things Joe Biden said? https://t.co/6CIpOPoTka https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/1362444962139373571?s=20

Do you think there is merit in what steven says that Joe Biden is getting a pass and if a Republican said the comments they would be treated much differently.

Could you imagine the media if Rush Limbaugh said some of the things Joe Biden said? https://t.co/6CIpOPoTka https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/1362444962139373571?s=20
    If you stopped spamming the thread with disgusting accusations like when you tried to claim Biden used the n-word, it would be a much better place to have actual discussions on policy etc. Instead it's just a rinse and repeat of Trump supporters flinging mud and derailing the thread at every opportunity.

So after all that you just go back to spamming the thread with the same shìte? Addiction indeed.

Mod: This is hardly helping. Rein in these types of post.

Steven Crowder, really, I mean really?
    This explains where you get your "news" from.

Now to the point, in YOUR words, what was wrong with what he said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A pretty appalling generalisation.

How did this moron get the nomination from the Democrats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

They felt he was their best chance of winning the election

Turns out they were correct icon14.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Billy Mays wrote: »
    They felt he was their best chance of winning the election

Turns out they were correct icon14.png

It's clear now, perhaps with hindsight admittedly, that anyone would have defeated Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Steven Crowder, really, I mean really?
    This explains where you get your "news" from.

Now to the point, in YOUR words, what was wrong with what he said?

And Jack Posobiec.

• Advertisement

And Jack Posobiec.

If you are regurgitation the opinions of the crackpots and right wingers, then you automatically fail.

He should definitely drop out.

They shafted poor bernie the second time for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It's clear now, perhaps with hindsight admittedly, that anyone would have defeated Trump.

You are very wide of the mark. Again.

Trump lost the popular vote by 7M, but, as we saw in 2016, just winning the popular vote isn't enough, its the electoral college that counts.

Biden won this by 306 seats to 232 (a landslide according to Trump).
    Key to this was his victories in 3 states, Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania.
    If these 3 had gone to Trump instead of Biden, Trump won have won the electoral college by 279 to 259.

Biden won these states by a total of under 344K, with his winning margin in Pennsylvania accounting for 93% of that margin at 320K.

So, if 172K people in specific locations, had put a mark against Trumps name instead of Biden, then Trump would be President today.

Now, if anyone thinks that Warren being a woman who had been insulted and abused by Trump previously in a way that is practically lauded by his supporters or Sanders who would have been accused and marketed as being worse than Karl Marx and Valdimir Lenin combined all throughout last Summer by Trump supporters and their friends in the media, or Buttigeig being a comparatively inexperienced politician who also happens to be gay would definitely not have motivated approximately 172K people to change their votes across 3 states which had all voted for Trump in 2016, then you are either willfully or subconsciously ignorant.

This election showed in the results, if it hadn't in the months that preceded it, just how much a mess America is in politically. 172K voters out of a population of 330M could have returned a guy who showed how vastly incapable he was for the role in the years he had it with the final 8 months being a jaw-dropping series of failures, ignorance, selfishness, lies, threats and incompetence that would not have been thought possible if it had been predicted in advance.

The election should have been a genuine landslide across the country given Trumps record and actions as they were and yet he nearly got back in.
    Biden said that what motivated him to run was seeing how Trump was doing and I believe that 100% and yet here he is committed and doing very well at the job and while he didn't say it, I believe that he probably felt that he was the Democrats best shot and so he stepped up. I had long predicted that it would be a very dark period from 2020 to 2024 if Trump won because then we wouldn't care about re-election in his second term and even though I would much rather that it was an ideal world where we were talking about President Sanders having been elected after beating Trump having won 60% of the popular vote and 350 electoral seats I'm not naïve enough to think that it would have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

and by shafted you mean that democratic party members voted for biden instead of sanders? I have to say that is a definition of shafted I hadn't heard before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It is and he'll visit Texas, if it doesn't hinder the relief effort. Has declared it a major disaster to release as much FEMA help as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He was that bad, yes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

So, if 172K people in specific locations, had put a mark against Trumps name instead of Biden, then Trump would be President today.

That's crazy how close it was when you think of it.

That's crazy how close it was when you think of it.

Here's a map for you to think about. The gold states are where the number of eligible non-voters exceeds the numbers of voters for either candidate.

rZg7aEV.png

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

And look what happened. They won.

Biden said he would do two things in the election - win back the rust belt and ultimately win.

He did both - the second one by a landslide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

2016 was very shady. 2020 was not - the Biden camp convinced others to drop out on the belief that he had the best chance of beating Trump, simple as that. I far preferred Sanders in an individual level, it it was simply straight forward politics. Sanders' support proved fickle also unfortunately, stopping form showing up or switching go Biden once he fell behind (also partly why the US primary system is a joke as it should all be on the same day, but it is what it is).

The same people claiming it was rigged against Sanders are largely the same ones that would have spent the last year accusing him of being a pedophile, senile, and a communist had he won the primaries (along with some hardcore loyalists). They don't deserve to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The coloured women of Carolina are who decided Biden should be the Dems nominee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The same people claiming it was rigged against Sanders are largely the same ones that would have spent the last year accusing him of being a pedophile, senile, and a communist had he won the primaries (along with some hardcore loyalists). They don't deserve to be taken seriously.

The Trump supporters?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The Trump supporters?

precisely. take a look at who claimed that bernie was shafted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The election is over folks. No use harping on over old stuff. We need to look forward and watch as America heels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

eagle eye wrote: »
    The election is over folks. No use harping on over old stuff. We need to look forward and watch as America heels.

This isn't an election thread, this is a thread to offer opinion, positive and negative, on the performance of the Biden administration. Liberal and conservative viewpoints are both valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

funny parody of Biden being a little racist

https://twitter.com/stclairashley/status/1363224533759574016

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Water John wrote: »
    The coloured women of Carolina are who decided Biden should be the Dems nominee.

Coloured? Seriously? Not POC? Not the men? And, if you mean black, say black, or African-American. If you called someone coloured in the US, they'd look at you funny.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Water John wrote: »

Jim Clyburn's endorsement must go down as one of the most monumental in recent history.

silverharp wrote: »
    funny parody of Biden being a little racist

https://twitter.com/stclairashley/status/1363224533759574016

If you said that in the canteen at work you'd be in the HR office before 4pm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement