Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

flazio wrote: »
    This isn't an election thread, this is a thread to offer opinion, positive and negative, on the performance of the Biden administration. Liberal and conservative viewpoints are both valid.

So you agree with me then? Tone of your list suggests you are disagreeing with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

RNC Research (@RNCResearch) Tweeted:
    Biden's Press Secretary Jen Psaki refuses to condemn NY Governor Andrew Cuomo’s nursing home deaths cover-up
    https://t.co/GkuvIZ3Cm3 https://t.co/HwMLTOx358 https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1363501938231418881?s=20

People's Grandparents Father's and Mother's not worthy of even being a statistic.

Gold standard sure thing Mr Biden.

Nice to see the media pressing Democrats for once she almost looks insulted he's asking her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Biden's Press Secretary Jen Psaki refuses to condemn NY Governor Andrew Cuomo’s nursing home deaths cover-up
    https://t.co/GkuvIZ3Cm3 https://t.co/HwMLTOx358 https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1363501938231418881?s=20

People's Grandparents Father's and Mother's not worthy of even being a statistic.

Nice to see the media pressing Democrats for once she almost looks insulted he's asking her.

She didn't automatically lie like her predecessors. Refreshing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/business/status/1363623545436327937?s=19

"The centerpiece will be possibly the biggest infrastructure-spending commitment since the New Deal -- including roads, bridges and rural broadband internet. Progressives are eyeing much more, such as an expansion of Obamacare and a public-sector jobs program, along with tax measures including an increase in the capital-gains levy.'

Hopefully it will include a roll back of the tax cuts given to the wealthy by the former guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

https://twitter.com/business/status/1363623545436327937?s=19

"The centerpiece will be possibly the biggest infrastructure-spending commitment since the New Deal -- including roads, bridges and rural broadband internet.

I've been of the opinion that Biden's presidency would robably be mediocre to ok, though the first month has been good. A proper infrastructure overhaul if they actually achieve it however, would probably raise that considerably. Anyone who has spent any amount of time in or travelled around the US tends to be shocked by how poor and ecayed it is, and for good reason. They would want to include public transportation into it too mind, even considerably improved bus routes to and from work centres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

eagle eye wrote: »
    The election is over folks. No use harping on over old stuff. We need to look forward and watch as America heels.

Yeah, infrastructure in US is pathetic. You'd need your shoes repaired every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

She didn't automatically lie like her predecessors. Refreshing.

She doesn't answer the question asked, though it's clearly a loaded question so I don't really fault her. Her response is a typical politicians answer. Better than the lying that went on before but hardly refreshing if your standards are higher than bottom of the barrel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

everlast75 wrote: »

Trump's fault for nto grilling him on it in the debates.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

"It is, what it is."

And, uhhh, where were those statistics from the Trump WH? I must've missed the press release. Any links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The election is over folks. No use harping on over old stuff. We need to look forward and watch as America heels.

Heels from what?

Have you been watching too much CNN?

Never understood why this man received such acclaim given that New York had the worst deaths in America.

I think it's because he gave nice press conferences. People easily pleased.

Heels from what?

Lol. I only saw that you had posted from the main page and said to myself, "I wonder if he has mentioned CNN in a reply to a message that has nothing to do with CNN?"

I was of course correct.

Lol. I only saw that you had posted from the main page and said to myself, "I wonder if he has mentioned CNN in a reply to a message that has nothing to do with CNN?"

I was of course correct.

But seriously.. when did Irish people starting saying "heel". It's utterly cringey.

America is the same dysfunctional country it always was.

Never understood why this man received such acclaim given that New York had the worst deaths in America.

Nope, it is because he basically told Trump to **** off.

But seriously.. when did Irish people starting saying "heel". It's utterly cringey.

No more cringey than Irish people supporting Trump.

Nope, it is because he basically told Trump to **** off.

Wow.

No more cringey than Irish people supporting Trump.

Well at least you accept it's cringey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Heels from what?

Firstly, I'm pretty sure he means "heal" as in recover, not 'heel' as in wrestling terminology for being the bag guy.

Secondly, well, heal from being the same dysfunctinoal society it always was (although my opinion is that it was even more decisive and dysfunctional under Trump).

All depends on whether you think the job of a political leader is to unite a country and make it safe, or just do what's best for the upper middle class and **** everyone else.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

he wrote a book in the midst of the pandemic about how great a leader he was during it ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

newhouse87 wrote: »
    he wrote a book in the midst of the pandemic about how great a leader he was during it ffs.

I'm sure that book provides an honest retelling of events.

I'm sure that book provides an honest retelling of events.
    as honest as his reporting of deaths.

Wow.

At the time, it was quite refreshing.

Trump was laying all the blame on the individual states and only helping those that bent the knee.

Cuomo told him to **** off (I'm paraphrasing).

I don't know why you are saying "wow".

It is quite common for someone from NY to tell someone to **** off.

Perhaps you are shocked because people liked him for doing so? Well, it goes to show you how hated you are if someone can get a bump in their approval rating by simply telling you to do one.

Incidentally, Biden is helping Texas, despite it being a republican state. That's how President's are supposed to govern.

Trump was laying all the blame on the individual states and only helping those that bent the knee.

Perhaps you are shocked because people liked him for doing so? Well, it goes to show you how hated you are if someone can get a bump in their approval rating by simply telling you to do one.

Incidentally, Biden is helping Texas, despite it being a republican state. That's how President's are supposed to govern.

I know some lads troll on here but in reality most if not all realize Biden is more presidential and an all round better bloke, cuomo however comes across as a smug prick.

New York had the highest death rate at the time and now more issues coming out about nursing homes.

Have you ever considered he did all the Trump stuff to distract from his own incompetence.

• Advertisement

New York had the highest death rate at the time and now more issues coming out about nursing homes.

Have you ever considered he did all the Trump stuff to distract from his own incompetence.

I have no view on Cuomo either way.

I am explaining to you why he could have been popular despite being an a hole, if he is one.

Trump was hated in NY, even before he tried to scold that State for being critical of him.

Cuomo's motive or otherwise is irrelevant to the scenario I gave you.

(What I can say that is that if Cuomo is guilty of what they say of him, then I would be more than happy to see him suffer the appropriate consequences.)

I have no view on Cuomo either way.

I am explaining to you why he could have been popular despite being an a hole, if he is one.

Trump was hated in NY, even before he tried to scold that State for being critical of him.

Cuomo's motive or otherwise is irrelevant to the scenario I gave you.

(What I can say that is that if Cuomo is guilty of what they say of him, then I would be more than happy to see him suffer the appropriate consequences.)

So you would like anyone as long as they say eff off to Trump.

Bar is set very low for you.

Wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Wonderful.

Trump deserves to be told to **** off on a daily basis. he is an odious individual with thin skin who can dish it out but can't take it.

Trump deserves to be told to **** off on a daily basis. he is an odious individual with thin skin who can dish it out but can't take it.

I can't tell if posters are being sarcastic sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm not. I am entirely serious. do you not think he is an odious individual?

• Advertisement

That's clearly not what he said. It's not rocket science, people like it when ignorant bullies are stood up to.

Wonderful.

I'm sorry - Wtf is it got to do with me?

Did I say I agreed with it?

You asked a question and I gave you an answer.

If you don't like the answer, please feel free to tell me why I am wrong.

If you cannot read my posts properly before replying, please click the "ignore" button

That poster is American.
    On the flip side, most of us rarely have any problem telling how serious or genuine you are with your posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

newhouse87 wrote: »
    I know some lads troll on here but in reality most if not all realize Biden is more presidential and an all round better bloke, cuomo however comes across as a smug prick.

Cuomo and Trump are both genuinely awful people.

I think it was telling Trump didn't put the boot into Cuomo last week when given a chance, because firstly he probably seen nothing wrong with what Cuomo has done as he would have done the same and Cuomo has been nice to him sometime .

I don't think tbf anyone is putting Cuomo on a pedestal anymore, even the likes of MSNBC are ignoring it so not really fair to use him here.

Not exactly fair to really blame Biden for Cuomo for been a ****.

Gas.

Seeing Cruz and Hawley ask Garland if he will remain impartial, after 4 years of saying nothing about Barr, is a carbon copy of those posting here having a go at Biden about stuff they gave Trump a free pass on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't watch CNN, too biased for me just like Fox is totally biased fur the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I don't watch CNN, too biased for me just like Fox is totally biased fur the other side.

I think it's just hotmail that watches it. I don't remember when I stopped but I rarely get my news from tv these days and I don't think I'm alone in that. I did watch some RTE news during the start of the pandemic but that's about it.

While the most popular US news channels are fairly shít and lean a bit too much on the opinion and talking-head side of things I find that those complaining about them the loudest tend to be the sorts who get their "news" from sources that are better described as disinformation. I mean the anti-CNN poster who posts Project Veritas and PragerU videos is practically a meme at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think it's just hotmail that watches it. I don't remember when I stopped but I rarely get my news from tv these days and I don't think I'm alone in that. I did watch some RTE news during the start of the pandemic but that's about it.

While the most popular US news channels are fairly shít and lean a bit too much on the opinion and talking-head side of things I find that those complaining about them the loudest tend to be the sorts who get their "news" from sources that are better described as disinformation. I mean the anti-CNN poster who posts Project Veritas and PragerU videos is practically a meme at this point.

CNN leans to the left but its not as partisan as some say.

Yeah they have some hacks, but they do have the likes of Tapper who holds people to account of both sides.

Cuomo refused to go near him last year because he was scared of been asked questions about how he handled covid.

MSNBC on the other hand are a waste of time aka the left wing version of Fox, but not fair to say CNN are the same whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Rjd2 wrote: »

Yeah they have some hacks, but they do have the likes of Tapper who holds people to account of both sides.

Cuomo refused to go near him last year because he was scared of been asked questions about how he handled covid.

MSNBC on the other hand are a waste of time aka the left wing version of Fox, but not fair to say CNN are the same whatsoever.

That's a fair assessment. Especially on Tapper.

To change the subject, does anyone understand why the Biden administration is pushing so hard for Neera Tanden's nomination? While she seems capable, I don't understand the insistence here. There are plenty of other capable people with less of a social media history. I know she's not in the same bucket of unqualified grifters, trolls and sycophants of the previous administration but the pool of talented people available to Biden is a lot larger than the last than it was for the last guy.

MSNBC aren't left wing, they're more of an ardently centre left/corporatist entity. They spent the time Sanders was leading in the primaries last year directly comparing him and his followers to the Nazis and fear mongering about public beheading if he won.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Chomper.

Biden seems a sleazy sort judging by some of the youtube stuff

Would he have lawyers working in the background batting away stuff or how does that work

Presumably all this was discussed before he ran and a decision reached on whether it would be an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Chomper. wrote: »
    Biden seems a sleazy sort judging by some of the youtube stuff

Would he have lawyers working in the background batting away stuff or how does that work

Presumably all this was discussed before he ran and a decision reached on whether it would be an issue

New poster brings up topic discussed to death. How long before you post that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

4d3mga.png

ollkiller wrote: »
    News poster brings up topic discussed to death. How long before you post that video.

I won't actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

awkward, if Biden is perceived to be weak on borders and security this can only get worse.

https://twitter.com/MHackman/status/1363846297195790339

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Chomper. wrote: »
    I won't actually

Anyway, I'm not aware of any legal cases in relation to YouTube videos making pretty weird insinuations...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

silverharp wrote: »
    awkward, if Biden is perceived to be weak on borders and security this can only get worse.

https://twitter.com/MHackman/status/1363846297195790339

Presumably the best plan for Biden in terms of politics would be to pump money and influence into Mexican and other central American border controls. If migrants don't get to Mexico they don't get to the US border and criticism of Mexican border securities actions wouldn't have the same impact.

20210223-122746.jpg

Nice to see a President wearing a tailored suit and looking sharp, unlike the previous mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Pity those two lads along with more friends weren't in the Capitol building on the 6th Jan to welcome the visitors.

• Advertisement

Anyway, I'm not aware of any legal cases in relation to YouTube videos making pretty weird insinuations...

Not to labour the point

It's as good as video evidence

'Weird insinuations' is your slant on it

Advertisement