Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

They know that. The truth doesn't suit the mindset and the agenda.

Same old ****e.
    They’ll be complaining about the deficit next.

Heaven forbid Joe wears a tan suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'll be keeping count on Bidens death toll on Americans due to Covid seeing as you want to play that game!

Is it a game I am playing, or the 'wartime president' who said 'if we have 200k dead we did a good job,' and whose administration pretends they have somehow been 'peaceful' around the world, despite dropping more bombs than either Bush or Obama?

Same can be said about leaders of all countries where the numbers have increased. Can we blame our leaders for the massive spike in cases across Europe? Covid is not something to be controlled. I suppose Biden could lockdown the country down until numbers start to drop. Plus he has the added advantage of there being vaccines now

I don’t remember other leaders playing down the pandemic.
    Or lying it was completely under control.
    Or making masks political.
    Or encouraging mass gatherings.
    Or promoting drugs that didn’t work.

Well maybe that nutter in Brazil.

Biden will lead by example, show leadership, follow the science, and not suggest injecting disinfectant.
    Just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Overheal wrote: »
    Is it a game I am playing, or the 'wartime president' who said 'if we have 200k dead we did a good job,' and whose administration pretends they have somehow been 'peaceful' around the world, despite dropping more bombs than either Bush or Obama?
    You will have to do better with sources better then some random australian radio station article, Trump inherited wars from Obama and has actively been trying to bring troops home, shame some of the US officials hid troop numbers in Syria from Trump!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You will have to do better with sources better then some random australian radio station article, Trump inherited wars from Obama and has actively been trying to bring troops home, shame some of the US officials hid troop numbers in Syria from Trump!

And Biden is inheriting a COVID mess of Trump’s doing and is going to actively try to slow the number of deaths.

But hey, you’re the one talking about counting the number of deaths from tomorrow just so you can stick it to Biden.

• Advertisement

This is worse than the Trump fanatic rhetoric. I'm not sure if this is a joke or not.

Nope. Totally legitimate. I posted that when watching the candlelight ceremony this evening for the 400,000 dead Americans from covid.

I'd urge you to watch it. It was simple, but powerful.

we haven't seen this level of empathy in America in the last 4 years. We've seen one-upmanship, hate speech, racism, sexism- but not empathy.

So no- no joke- suck it up buttercup! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I'll be keeping count on Bidens death toll on Americans due to Covid seeing as you want to play that game! We will also see how many armed conflicts Biden gets involved with. As for the appointment of health secretary...
    https://twitter.com/mary89299980/status/1260789830012882944?s=19
    I'm sure he'll be devastated to hear that

I don’t remember other leaders playing down the pandemic.
    Or lying it was completely under control.
    Or making masks political.
    Or encouraging mass gatherings.
    Or promoting drugs that didn’t work.

Well maybe that nutter in Brazil.

Biden will lead by example, show leadership, follow the science, and not suggest injecting disinfectant.
    Just a guess.

It's such a breath of fresh air- isn't it? It's like some facist dictator is dead or something and peace resumes. Such a feeling of relief.

I'm gonna celebrate with a BBQ tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

You'd nearly swear, looking at Joe's cabinet - that the Democratic Party weren't the party of oppression, segregation, racism and slavery.

Overheal wrote: »

I remember when I saw him saying that at the early stages of Covid-And even that figure was giving him a major advantage i was thinking at the time, in that had he made more effort, it would have been more like 100K- 150K.

I just hope the American people remember- because the rest of the world does.

• Advertisement

It's such a breath of fresh air- isn't it? It's like some facist dictator is dead or something and peace resumes. Such a feeling of relief.

I'm gonna celebrate with a BBQ tomorrow :D

The stank had been lifted.

I’m going to celebrate by visiting the USA when normality returns.
    And it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll be keeping count on Bidens death toll on Americans due to Covid seeing as you want to play that game!

Mentioned on the other thread that Trumpists would suddenly start caring about the covid numbers from tomorrow and here you are to prove my point. Laughable yet predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

The stank had been lifted.

I’m going to celebrate by visiting the USA when normality returns.
    And it will.

It really does feel like a corner has been turned. Huge sense of optimism the past few days in overall what has been a very dark period globally. Will be good to see a solid America again. Good for the western world.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

DubInMeath wrote: »

Literally healing the divide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Polar101 wrote: »
    While the country is very divided, I think Biden's job might be "easy" - if he doesn't do anything that's too dramatic, he'll be compared favourably to Trump. Outside the US, it will be very easy for him to improve relations and do better than Trump.

I don't think the outside the US thing will actually be easy apart from a lot of press conferences behind the scenes there's real tensions. The EU -China relationship, Nordstream 2 and the Russian- Danish/German relationship.
    Biden going soft on China will be real easy to attack from a number of sides, this includes Biden being perceived to be soft of China.

Similarly if you believe that it was outside actors stirring up tensions in the US, they aren't going to stop either because Biden is in. Thats for both sides of the equation by the way BLM started under Obama.
    He'l get an easy ride from the media for three or four months but good news doesn't sell and the non-Trump republicans tend to be sort of boring, Pence is a good example of this he might have views people hate deeply but he's dull compared to Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'll be keeping count on Bidens death toll on Americans due to Covid seeing as you want to play that game! We will also see how many armed conflicts Biden gets involved with. As for the appointment of health secretary...
    https://twitter.com/mary89299980/status/1260789830012882944?s=19

I don't want to alarm you, but he might also have hired some blacks and gays.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don’t have to do anything? You’re welcome to your microcosm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Kamala was backed by the centre for new American security byt Michelle flournoy wasn't picked as defense secretary which is interesting...

They're filling DC with troops for the inauguration.

I had the opinion the Biden's team might start a few wars internationally but would be better domestically. I'm shocked how the 'insurrection' stuff is being taken seriously. Very disappointing.

Biden's 94 crime Bill has caused so much damage and Kamala seems to stand only for her love of power, acceptance and money.

They may well be worse than Trump but I hope they'll be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Newuser2

What makes you think biden would be starting wars

• Advertisement

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    I'm shocked how the 'insurrection' stuff is being taken seriously. Very disappointing.

I was going to say 'yeah, me too', but - I'm not actually surprised at all, sadly. Insurrection, insurrectionists - domestic terrorists!? C'mon!!!? What I saw was a bunch of absolute donkeys and clowns bashing their way into Capitol, not terrorists - absolute donkeys and clowns!

I was going to say 'yeah, me too', but - I'm not actually surprised at all, sadly. Insurrection, insurrectionists - domestic terrorists!? C'mon!!!? What I saw was a bunch of absolute donkeys and clowns bashing their way into Capitol, not terrorists - absolute donkeys and clowns!

Agree to a point. An angry mob but not an organised insurrection There seemed nothing organised. That guy in the hat.... although in fairness the guy beside the poor woman who was shot seemed literate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

Mentioned on the other thread that Trumpists would suddenly start caring about the covid numbers from tomorrow and here you are to prove my point. Laughable yet predictable.

...and pathetic.

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    Agree to a point. An angry mob but not an organised insurrection There seemed nothing organised. That guy in the hat.... although in fairness the guy beside the poor woman who was shot seemed literate.
    Yeah, it's the guy in the hat that led me to use the words 'clowns and donkeys' to be fair - it was a bad look. But still... I think the old 'domestic terrorists' language is very strong, too strong. I don't mean to downplay the events of course - they were obviously of significant magnitude - but... as I say 'insurrection', 'terrorism', nah - not in my book, personally speaking.

Newuser2 wrote: »

The democrats blocked troop withdrawals, they now seem more pro war and have a huge grudge against Russia and it's satellites.

Under Obama they armed the moderate Syrian rebels and somehow those weapons got to Isis, etc

Trump didn't seem to see the financial merits in war whereas the democrats are well meaning crusaders that do huge damage.. they'd be a lot better addressing why they have the highest incarceration rate in the world than conducting wars around the world.

Read left wing Pulitzer prize winning journalist Glenn Greenwald who broke the Snowden story for in depth analysis of the war problem in the democrat party.

If you google "biden interview with colbert youtube", it's a good watch. Over 3 years old and it's pretty prescient, but also remarkably inclusive.

For all the "new" accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Loving all the salt in here the last few days. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Looking like Trump is going to pardon Steve Bannon for defrauding the WeBuildTheWall organisation / GoFundMe campaign out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to CNN,

• Newuser2 wrote: »

Biden has supported the bombing of Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen.

And that's just in the last 25 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Biden has supported the bombing of Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen.

And that's just in the last 25 years.

He's a hawk and what carried him over the line was his appeal to middle class neoconservatives so you will get a pretty robust foreign policy.

Its been like that way forever though, and while Trump started no fresh wars he was most certainly not a dove.

You probably will have to wait for the likes of the Squad to get control of the party if you want a less confrontational US foreign policy and that won't be for absolute ages.

However in all other fields Biden will look a progressive after the last 4 years which was Zombie Reganism on Speed.

Advertisement