Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

biko wrote: »

Im pleased to see, unlike many , that Cenk has held to calling out Biden and not just dipping into 'well atleast he's not the other guy' fawning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Im pleased to see, unlike many , that Cenk has held to calling out Biden and not just dipping into 'well atleast he's not the other guy' fawning.

Biden should be called out and he is far better than the other guy - again, what's your point? Or is this just more confirmation bias?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Fyi, multiple posters have addressed your posts.. Also interested to see your response to this question in case you missed it.
    astrofool wrote: »
    So, Eric Cartman, do you support the enforced separation of children from their parents (including making those children orphans due to not keeping records) as a way to discourage immigration?

Same repeated question to 12gauge dave and Quantum Baloney.

I will be shocked to
    a) get a reply
    b) not get a whataboutery reply

I can only imagine that Eric Cartman, 12guage dave and Quantum Baloney are perfectly OK with a government taking their children away (if they have any) while they themselves travel to other countries (just in case the country thinks that they are immigrating there).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

That's the difference between left analysts and commentators and right wing. Left are consistent and objective. Right are, well, you know yourself.

TYT, Medhi Hasan, even politicians like AOC being 100% consistent.

I suppose it would be too much to ask that conservatives on here would remember this next time they are trying to paint both ideologues as being 'as bad as each other' or 'both at it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Nor do many in the Democratic party and those that do tend to be from their conservative wing who have them over a barrel given the make-up of the senate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That's the difference between left analysts and commentators and right wing. Left are consistent and objective. Right are, well, you know yourself.

TYT, Medhi Hasan, even politicians like AOC being 100% consistent.

I suppose it would be too much to ask that conservatives on here would remember this next time they are trying to paint both ideologues as being 'as bad as each other' or 'both at it'.

I’ve been thinking about this it’s quite telling that conservatives think that people on the left not all agreeing with everything Biden does makes a point about Biden whereas it to me shows where they are. The blind following and excuses for Trump were almost unbelievable but this shows to me that actually the people who spent years shouting about fake media and calling liberals things like sheeple are ironically the very ones that were just happy to follow their guy unblinkingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Not quite sure what point you are trying to make here.

Was it the perfect solution, no nobody has tried to say it was. Earlier poster showed the rapid increase in unaccompanied minors that needed to be dealt with. Having cages allowed some separation so that all kids weren't thrown in together with the inevitable issues that would cause. You seem to be advocating that they simply be placed inside an open plan warehouse and let at it. No space for girls/boys, younger/older.

It was meant as a temporary measure, but again as an earlier poster pointed out, the Republicans refused to allow extra funds to build proper facilities.

Trump then took that and made it a specific goal to separate children, and did nothing to resolve the temporary cages issue, instead wasting billions on an ineffective an unfinished wall.

Biden has canceled that policy, but of course now we are back to the 'temporary' situation so hopefully the GOP can see the issues and agree to work with Biden to release the necessary funds to fix the issue.

All of the replies to this explanation has been basically...

"But Obama something something cages...."

Zero ability to contextualise or differentiate.

No wonder "lock her up" and "drain the swamp" worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

All unravelling as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

LOL.

A dissenting voice equates to it "all unravelling" to a Trump supporter.

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You don't understand either the meaning of the word unravelling or the context of real politics.

Which is it? Or is it both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You truly are the pigeon is on the chessboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

No surprise to see min wage and college debt promises being slipped aside by the draft dodger in chief.

It didn't take Buddy Biden long to get the bombs dropping.

Plenty of ink in his pen to sign off on bombs but none for the COVID cheques.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You are going to have a very tough 4 years.

• Advertisement

Would it make you happier if they banned reporting like the previous administration?

You don't understand either the meaning of the word unravelling or the context of real politics.

Which is it? Or is it both?
    You truly are the pigeon is on the chessboard.

Calling me names and attacking my character.

Another day in the life of a Trump fan on this thread.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Would it make you happier if they banned reporting like the previous administration?

It'd make me happy if he didn't drop bombs and gave everyone their COVID cheques - the very thing that won the Democrats the Senate.

Why you always playing the victim?

Why can't you answer the question in your own words instead of posting another stupid reply?

If someone can't disengage from a thread without asking to be banned, why would you expect an answer in their own words or maybe make a good faith argument?

Similar to a poster previously stating that migrants should be left to drown at sea, now apparently, in good faith, concerned about kids being held with their parents.

• Advertisement

You mean the cheques that the republicans are blocking as part of the stimulus plan?

CNN: US intelligence report finds Saudi Crown Prince responsible for approving Khashoggi operation

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/26/politics/biden-administration-khashoggi-report/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You'll gain zero sympathy with the childish behaviour that you've displayed constantly

New president, same policies, same as it ever was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A whine that Trump himself would be proud of. When you offer nothing of value to the discussion, don't be surprised when people dismiss you.

Well, I would attack the arguments (or responces to other posts) that you present, but you haven't actually presented any...

Democrats all over the place today will be along 4 years for them at this rate.

Bernie Sanders (@SenSanders) Tweeted:
    I am very concerned by last night’s strike by U.S. forces in Syria. The president has the responsibility to keep Americans safe, but for too long administrations of both parties have interpreted their authorities in an extremely expansive way to continue war. This must end. https://t.co/AnU2On6QC1 https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1365361968513744897?s=20

Well, I would attack the arguments (or responces to other posts) that you present, but you haven't actually presented any...

Well links and one liners that are other people’s thoughts and not your own are sorts of argument.

Democrats all over the place today will be along 4 years for them at this rate.

Bernie Sanders (@SenSanders) Tweeted:
    I am very concerned by last night’s strike by U.S. forces in Syria. The president has the responsibility to keep Americans safe, but for too long administrations of both parties have interpreted their authorities in an extremely expansive way to continue war. This must end. https://t.co/AnU2On6QC1 https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1365361968513744897?s=20

It seems to bother you that people are thinking for themselves.

salmocab wrote: »
    It seems to bother you that people are thinking for themselves.

Fear of the unfamiliar

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Fear of the unfamiliar

It must unbelievable that people don’t all just take what the boss says as right

It must unbelievable that people don’t all just take what the boss says as right

They must still believe in the Easter bunny and tooth fairy

New president, same policies, same as it ever was

If that was the case, the trumpettes should be cheering Biden on

Well links and one liners that are other people’s thoughts and not your own are sorts of argument.

Exacrly. Confirmation bias.

He had to get himself threadbanned from the Trump thread to save face.

Exacrly. Confirmation bias.

He had to get himself threadbanned from the Trump thread to save face.

They asked to be threadbanned

Sums things up at the moment for the left.

https://twitter.com/KyleKashuv/status/1365334587535208450?s=20

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/26/jamal-khashoggi-mohammed-bin-salman-us-report

Biden administration declassifies report (withheld by the trump administration) that show that Mohammed Bin Salman directed the killing of Washington post journalist and American citizen Jamal Khashoggi

It certainly does, a meaningless sentence being repeated by people who don’t know what they are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Why you always playing the victim?

Copying his hero?

• Advertisement

Trump: Breaks records by performing on average over 3 drone strikes per day in his first two years as president.

Trumpists: What a courageous hero trying to make the world a better place!

Biden: Performs first strike on 37th day in presidency.

Trumpists: bIdEn iS eViL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

everlast75 wrote: »
    LOL.

A dissenting voice equates to it "all unravelling" to a Trump supporter.

Wow.
    As Trumpism has shown, when you're in a cult, noncompliance and disloyal ty toward the leader are the two sins that absolutely cannot be tolerated under any circumstances. Which is why those within it cannot fathom such a thing happening without thinking of it being as being a sign of total collapse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Tedious strawman of "the left" once again makes a weary appearance from those whose grasp of political understanding of anti war politics is defined by Facebook

Someone on Twitter thinks Biden isn't a
    good president

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Check out why Biden ordered those strikes. If you then disagree with his actions you might come back and explain why.

duploelabs wrote: »
    They asked to be threadbanned

I know. Couldn't just stop posting and leave: that would be admitting fault - had to be the drama queen/king and bring attention to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

CNN: US intelligence report finds Saudi Crown Prince responsible for approving Khashoggi operation

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/26/politics/biden-administration-khashoggi-report/index.html

Yet no sanctions for bin Salman. Another broken promise.

CNN - Biden doesn't penalize crown prince despite promise to punish senior Saudi leaders

Don't sanctions need to be approved by congress?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Why do you think that is?
    Because they believe he is unstable and my prediction is, he will not last his 4 years term of office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Is that what you think happened?
    yes, he is unstable.

Because they believe he is unstable and my prediction is, he will not last his 4 years term of office.

Anyone care to explain why to this poster?

• Advertisement
Advertisement