Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Start a thread about him. This is a Biden thread.

Why did you mention Trump in your last post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Cody montana

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Obviously you haven't been paying attention. Biden and his administration have been talking about Covid and the importance of following public health advice from day 1. To say otherwise is just disengenuous.

He's wilfully ignoring what Biden has said many many times.

It's as of these people can't use google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

DubInMeath wrote: »

Well that has me surprised, because I seem to remember George Bush Jr hardly ever speaking to the media in standard press conferences.

I would be interested to see what they define as a press conference there. A speech with no follow up questions isn't a press conference.

You brought up the crowd at the super bowl and how appalling it was!! You have zero self awareness :pac:

You want me to condemn someone that isn't relevant to the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He's wilfully ignoring what Biden has said many many times.

It's as of these people can't use google.

Moaning about the Super Bowl crowd which has nothing to do with Biden, while ignoring that Biden had no crowd at the inauguration to ensure he complied as much as possible with health restrictions on Washington DC.

Why did you mention Trump in your last post?

What's your point this time?

Like the crowd at his inauguration?

What crowd?

Moaning about the Super Bowl crowd which has nothing to do with Biden, while ignoring that Biden had no crowd at the inauguration to ensure he complied as much as possible with health restrictions on Washington DC.

Hundreds and hundreds of people at his inauguration. Singers flew in from around America for it. Ex presidents and their wives too.

Completely unnecessary.

YOU brought it up! You said it was appalling that the crowd at the super bowl was so big. But not appalling enough to direct your obviously fake outrage at the person actually responsible. You're making yourself look extremely silly.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,292 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Right so you just go straight to calling me a liar.

Difficult to debate with this nonsense.

My point about Biden leadership stands. He may not have the power to authorise changes but he could make speeches and give guidance.

This is exactly what Trump did not do and what got so many irritated. So the same must apply to Biden.

If you need people to spell out the difference between what Trump did with COVID and what Biden did, then there's no point in debating you.

The facts are abundantly clear to all who want to see.

You are either being disingenuous or delusional.

This is what Biden said on people gathering for superbowl.

"Speaking with CBS Evening News anchor and managing editor Norah O’Donnell, Biden heavily discussed the novel coronavirus pandemic and how his administration is working to tackle it.

When O'Donnell mentioned that many are gathering for Super Bowl Sunday despite still being in a pandemic, Biden admitted that it wouldn't be a surprise. "I'm sure there are. I know it's hard. It was hard at Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's. But, you know, I hope people, if you're watchin', be careful. Be careful," he warned."

Hundreds and hundreds of people at his inauguration. Singers flew in from around America for it. Ex presidents and their wives too.

Completely unnecessary.

And all socially distant and well managed.

Anyway didn't you defend Trump's rallies and crowds? So surely you accept a President can have some level of crowds?

And all socially distant and well managed.

Anyway didn't you defend Trump's rallies and crowds? So surely you accept a President can have some level of crowds?

Oh back to Trump on a Biden thread. Nice.

Large and unnecessary crowd that travelled and moved around for it, possibly spreading the virus in transit.

Large and unnecessary crowd that travelled and moved around for it, possibly spreading the virus in transit.

Didn't you defend the last presidents rallies and crowds? Yet only now you have a problem with it. Very bizarre behaviour from you. You're absolutely embarrassing yourself.

• Advertisement

So how many cases have come from his inauguration now?
    Which was 6 weeks ago.

Didn't you defend the last presidents rallies and crowds? Yet only now you have a problem with it. Very bizarre behaviour from you.

Never.

We're on to Biden now.

Never.

We're on to Biden now.

You tried to blame Biden for the Super Bowl crowd. You have zero credibility and are just on the wind up.

It wasn't that large.
    By the same token, the crowd at any inauguration is unnecessary.
    Everyone who attended had been tested immediately prior to doing so.
    Social distancing was instructed and practiced by the vast majority of attendees.
    Masks were worn by all people, unless they were speaking publicly.

Your idol had a larger crowd at his speech outside the Capitol where they hadn't been tested, there was no social distancing and no masks.
    You're clutching at straws

You tried to blame Biden for the Super Bowl crowd. You have zero credibility and are just on the wind up.

You just said there was no crowd at the inauguration and then you had to admit there was a crowd at it, and then tried to revert to a Trump comment.

No credibility.

• Advertisement

You just said there was no crowd at the inauguration and then you had to admit there was a crowd at it, and then tried to revert to a Trump comment.

No credibility.

There was no crowd. There were politicians and some performers etc. There was no general public crowd. You're just telling more lies!! Lies like trying to blame Biden for the Super Bowl crowd. Just one lie after another.

It wasn't that large.
    By the same token, the crowd at any inauguration is unnecessary.
    Everyone who attended had been tested immediately prior to doing so.
    Social distancing was instructed and practiced by the vast majority of attendees.
    Masks were worn by all people, unless they were speaking publicly.

Your idol had a larger crowd at his speech outside the Capitol where they hadn't been tested, there was no social distancing and no masks.
    You're clutching at straws

The crowd gathering would not be permitted in Europe, even with testing.

America clearly has different and poorer standards in relation to public health.

There was no crowd. There were politicians and some performers etc. There was no general public crowd. You're just telling more lies!!

That's a crowd.

No credibility.

I don't know if you think you're doing a good job trying to wind people up or not, but for my part i can confirm that it's an extremely poor effort.

Your flippant and evasive replies smack of someone looking for attention rather than dispaying a wish to engage on any issue.

I'm done.

That's a crowd.

:pac:

Ok, tell us how many Covid cases resulted from this "crowd"??

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Never.

We're on to Biden now.
    That's a crowd.
    Low level but completely unsubtle trolling

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Water John wrote: »
    Extraordinary work by the WH Covid team. Biden just announced that all teachers will be offered a vaccine by the end of March and every adult will be offered a vaccine by the end of May. that's less than 90 days away.
    Real leadership.

Did he just pull that out of his arse or did he invoke the Defense Production Act? I remember the last guy used to just pull things out of his arse a lot. I remember he said that 15 people would get it and that covid would just go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Biden has put himself in a strait jack with his identity politics and pandering to the wokists.
    Its becoming a cult.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

The White House on Tuesday declined to defend Dr. Seuss after President Joe Biden left the children's author out of a proclamation celebrating Read Across America Day, which is held annually on the children's author's birthday on March 2.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the day is 'a chance to celebrate diverse authors whose work and lived experience reflect the diversity of our country.'

It was fine for Michelle Obama to read Dr Seuss to kids in the White House.

In Obama's 2014 proclamation, he said: '[Dr Seuss'] tales challenge dictators and discrimination. They call us to open our minds, to take responsibility for ourselves and our planet.'

In 2015, Obama stated: 'The works of Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known to us as Dr. Seuss, have sparked a love for reading in generations of students. His whimsical wordplay and curious characters inspire children to dream big and remind readers of all ages that 'a person's a person no matter how small.'

The following year, Obama said in 2016 that Seuss was 'one of America's revered wordsmiths' who 'used his incredible talent to instill in his most impressionable readers universal values we all hold dear.'

Trump, in his 2018 proclamation, urged Americans to 'always remember the still-vibrant words of Dr. Seuss: 'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.'

Biden decides that the books need to be banned :rolleyes:

Did he just pull that out of his arse or did he invoke the Defense Production Act? I remember the last guy used to just pull things out of his arse a lot. I remember he said that 15 people would get it and that covid would just go away.

See here and below from Feb 8th.
    The administration of President Joe Biden will invoke the Defense Production Act to increase the country's supply of materials needed to make vaccines, COVID-19 tests and personal protective equipment, The Hill reports.

Biden isn't going to come out and say that there'll be vaccine for every adult by the end of May without it being absolutely certain there will be. We know the last guy just made things up as he went so it's pointless comparing the two of them on that front.

• Advertisement

Biden has put himself in a strait jack with his identity politics and pandering to the wokists.
    Its becoming a cult.

In Obama's 2014 proclamation, he said: '[Dr Seuss'] tales challenge dictators and discrimination. They call us to open our minds, to take responsibility for ourselves and our planet.'

In 2015, Obama stated: 'The works of Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known to us as Dr. Seuss, have sparked a love for reading in generations of students. His whimsical wordplay and curious characters inspire children to dream big and remind readers of all ages that 'a person's a person no matter how small.'

The following year, Obama said in 2016 that Seuss was 'one of America's revered wordsmiths' who 'used his incredible talent to instill in his most impressionable readers universal values we all hold dear.'

Trump, in his 2018 proclamation, urged Americans to 'always remember the still-vibrant words of Dr. Seuss: 'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.'

Biden decides that the books need to be banned.

Is every book that isn't on the list banned?

No change at all in restrictions since he came into office. I just mentioned the Superbowl.

No action taken on the mass travelling around in America with busy airports and motorways.

Appalling stuff.

It seems the Democrats don't really care about the death toll either. (Shocker).

What do you think Biden can do about Florida? Send in the Feds, arrest Desantis and install Neera Tanden or some other stupid sh*t? You don't think too far ahead in your winding up.

Its becoming a cult.

Jfc, the things that Trump fans get worked up about

Any links to Biden banning Dr Seuss books as you claim?

YOU brought it up! You said it was appalling that the crowd at the super bowl was so big. But not appalling enough to direct your obviously fake outrage at the person actually responsible. You're making yourself look extremely silly.

It's like blaming Michael D for the holocaust in a Michael D thread, having it pointed out that it was Hitler and then complaining that the thread is about Michael D.

He's not even trying to hide it at this point.

Its becoming a cult.

I hear he cancelled Mr Potato head too!
    Dictator stuff.

Interesting article this, it raises some good questions

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/03/02/so-is-joe-biden-a-nazi-too/
    Is Joe Biden a Nazi? I only ask because he’s doing a lot of the same things that the previous incumbent of the White House did, and that guy was always being called a Nazi.

This is the Orwellian duplicity of the world we live in now. Political language, Orwell said, can be twisted ‘to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable’. And so it is that ‘kids in cages’ are now ‘youths in overflow facilities’; and bombs are now ‘quiet’ and ‘competent’ rather than reckless and dangerous; and what was denounced as a fascistic attack on the free press when Trump was doing it is repackaged as a necessary ‘reining in’ of ‘misinformation’ now that Democrats are doing it. Reality is putty to the new elites, something they must mould to their own tastes and interests. Their self-serving dishonesty and self-aggrandising propaganda must not go unchallenged.

See here and below from Feb 8th.

So he's actually doing his job and taking it seriously?

What a crazy world. Instead of bullshítting that it will magically go away, he's using the tools available to him to actually fix it.

That's a very different approach compared to the last guy.

My joking aside, the contrast between a problem solver and a problem denier is stark.

Didn't you try this earlier?

• Advertisement

Dictator stuff.

The mad thing is, there is plenty to criticize Biden for. Take the weak sanctions on Russia or the lack of serious action on MBS for example. Unfortunately, the thread gets clogged up with stupid nonsense from the MAGA social media, making it difficult to have a serious discussion about problems with policy.

Is Joe Biden a Nazi? I only ask because he’s doing a lot of the same things that the previous incumbent of the White House did, and that guy was always being called a Nazi.

This is the Orwellian duplicity of the world we live in now. Political language, Orwell said, can be twisted ‘to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable’. And so it is that ‘kids in cages’ are now ‘youths in overflow facilities’; and bombs are now ‘quiet’ and ‘competent’ rather than reckless and dangerous; and what was denounced as a fascistic attack on the free press when Trump was doing it is repackaged as a necessary ‘reining in’ of ‘misinformation’ now that Democrats are doing it. Reality is putty to the new elites, something they must mould to their own tastes and interests. Their self-serving dishonesty and self-aggrandising propaganda must not go unchallenged.

You did this on your last shift. Answer was no then, still no now.
    Is Joe Biden a Nazi too ?

Interesting article

Didn't you try this earlier?

I posted it on the Trump thread which is different or supposed to be anyway...
    Dictator stuff.

Mr Potato got a reprieve, didnt you get the memo, Hasbro buckled and did a u-turn when they saw the backlash online.

You did this on your last shift. Answer was no then, still no now.

Did you even read the article ?

The final paragraph is
    In answer to the question posed at the start of this article: no, of course Joe Biden is not a Nazi. But neither was Trump. Those of us who take a grown-up approach to politics know that it is wrong to brand everything as fascism. We also know it is wrong to abuse language and truth in order to depict yourselves as the good guys even when you’re doing exactly what the ‘bad guy’ did.

Did you even read the article ?

The final paragraph is

Did you?

Your question was
    Is Joe Biden a Nazi too ?

You then quoted this from the article. Bold my emphasis as you seem to have missed it.
    In answer to the question posed at the start of this article: no, of course Joe Biden is not a Nazi. But neither was Trump. Those of us who take a grown-up approach to politics know that it is wrong to brand everything as fascism. We also know it is wrong to abuse language and truth in order to depict yourselves as the good guys even when you’re doing exactly what the ‘bad guy’ did.

Do you disagree with the article that you introduced?.

Did you?

Do you disagree with the article that you introduced?.

I agree 100% with the content of the article.

• Advertisement

I agree 100% with the content of the article.

So you agree Biden is not a Nazi.

Why did you ask the question then?

Its plain to see that you are being disengenious as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

everlast75 wrote: »
    Jfc, the things that Trump fans get worked up about

Not genuinely worked up, just trolling with the fake outrage as usual. It's just funny at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Leroy42 wrote: »
    That is all you've got? Nothing about the incredible job Biden has done, despite Trump actively refusing to help a handover?

Biden came with a plan, a will to work, and has achieved amazing results particularly in light of how Trump left things.

Just goes to show the value of real leadership.

At least be honest and acknowledge what a great impact Biden has had.

With regards to vaccines, I can't see how it would make any difference if trump was still in. The rate off vacination, like every other country, has been held back by supply. We now have America approving the johnson &johnson vaccine so there is another supply to tap into.

The acceleration is definitely good news, the world benefits from a healthy American economy.

Its plain to see that you are being disengenious as always.

Was that aimed at me?

What are you trying to say?

• Advertisement
Advertisement