Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options
1691692693694695697»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,546 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thanks. This was exactly my point but I was writing it at a bus station. A state like Oregon gets a Senator for a hundred or two hundred thousand people. California gets one per 24 million. It makes the UK look like democratic utopia.

I daresay that if I googled how many Americans support a woman's right to choose and tallied that against the composition of both houses of Congress, I'd be unpleasantly surprised.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 82,420 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Can also look at it like this, people in Wyoming get 1 senator per 290,000 persons.

California gets 1 per 19,000,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Redacted Circular

Either Joe goes or it's hail President Tump.

That's the reality and all the coping in the world will not change that.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭hometruths

Fair enough, I missed the point ancap was making and jumped to the wrong conclusion based on the line I quoted. My bad.

So the point I was making was irrelevant as a response to ancap's post I quoted, but it is not irrelevant to the discussion of the US election and Biden's bid to get reelected:

Political elites think they know better than the electorate and are then surprised if the electorate has the cheek to disagree with them at the ballot box.

The electorate, including registered Democrats, have shown in extensive polling for past few years that they don't think Biden should run again, their principal concern being he is too old for another four year term in such a demanding job.

The Democratic party have totally ignored what the electorate think and pressed on with Biden regardless, presumably because they believe they know better.

That strategy is currently looking to be a risky one.

But nobody should be surprised by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,420 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

this isn’t true really either.

See you may have forgot but they ran a primary against Biden (GOP canceled their own 2020 primary, all hail king Trump see) and lo and behold despite these fabled polls, the voters let Joe run away with the vote by a very high margin too. Can you even remember the names of his opponents? Who really backed them? Nobody else stepped up to the plate and it was an open field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

Advertisement