Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options
1699700701702703705»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,474 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Has anyone described this election as very usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's not a particularly unusual election in the sense that it's been a circus since Trump came on the scene nearly ten years ago.

Electoral results which completely buck the polling remain unusual however. Dewey/Truman and Trump/Hillary stand out as examples, but it's worth remembering that Trump/Biden had considerably more accurate polling, but in both cases the support for Trump was still underestimated and that means that if you go with the "polls are wrong" line, it could easily be worse for Biden, as opposed to better.

It's not a particularly unusual election in the sense that it's been a circus since Trump came on the scene nearly ten years ago.

Faff. You beat around the bush but seemingly cannot deny it is not a usual election.

….

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It basically is calling for him to do the right thing and stand down. Thinking otherwise is completely delusional.

“There’s another competing virtue, and that is self-sacrifice, and self-sacrifice takes a particular kind of courage. And that is a courage I believe Joe Biden is capable of.”

“I believe he’s a good enough man. He is a good enough president to put the needs of the country ahead of the needs of his ego. And however painful that might be, it is possible that handing leadership to a younger generation is the right thing for the greater good,”

I'm not sure how that could be taken any other way than he thinks Biden needs to stand down

• Advertisement
Advertisement