Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

RonaVirus wrote: »
    We've had four years of visceral hate and vile things said about Trump on this website, yet when it comes to Biden you will be banned for saying anything negative (as per the instructions in the first post of this thread)

Help me understand the hypocrisy?

So you're upset because you can't use silly childish names?
    Anyone making references such as "Sleepy Joe" and the like will be threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

The username is a bad start in that context.

I rarely get involved in US politics, the matter of who supposedly runs that continuous genocidal regime is of little importance, it's run effectively by a military cabal.

However should the thread and the the forum really be an adjunct of the Democratic Party of the United States? This is a different country after all.

Given we don't have Trump to kick around anymore we should hope to have, perhaps, a bit more balance on Biden and the Democratic Party. After the honeymoon period and after he continues to starve Yemeni children ( and I am not saying that Trump didn't, read sentence one) I would suggest that we allow just a tiny smidgen of free speech on these issues. Particularly on any wars he might engage in.

I am aware that I could "go elsewhere", on the other hand there is nothing in the forum charter to suggest that this site accepts only favourable posts on the Democratic Party of the USA. If that is the case, lets put it in the moderation rules. Here, or site wide and I can ignore internal US politics even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

That's because the MAGA brigade attempted a coup.

Fool me once...

They did not attempt a coup, It was not an insurrection no matter how much a partisan media are trying to argue that it is. It was a one day protest that unfortunately led to some rioting. It was not a white supremist movement as I have seen some people try to say that it was. It was simply people who feel the election was not handled correctly and feel that they have not been listened to (weather you believe this or not does not matter as this is what they believe).

Biden is totally over reacting with the military inauguration and it calls forth images of third world dictatorships, At the moment there is a movement to not see the other side as being a political opponent but as an enemy which is not how the republicans view things, I have heard leftists actually say all MAGA supporters should be threated as domestic terrorists...like wtf is wrong with them, what ever happened to live and let live.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

They did not attempt a coup, It was not an insurrection no matter how much a partisan media are trying to argue that it is. It was a one day protest that unfortunately led to some rioting. It was not a white supremist movement as I have seen some people try to say that it was. It was simply people who feel the election was not handled correctly and feel that they have not been listened to (weather you believe this or not does not matter as this is what they believe).

Biden is totally over reacting with the military inauguration and it calls forth images of third world dictatorships, At the moment there is a movement to not see the other side as being a political opponent but as an enemy which is not how the republicans view things, I have heard leftists actually say all MAGA supporters should be threated as domestic terrorists...like wtf is wrong with them, what ever happened to live and let live.

Disagree entirely. We'll never know but I'd say if they got their hands on anyone they were after there definitely would have been more deaths.

I'm not interested in this fantasy of MAGA people being victims. They're the perpetrators and they have shown us their true colours here. I've heard right wing people say that the white race is being systematically exterminated. Shall I treat this as representative?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there were attempts to kidnap members of congress. steal electoral ballots and stop the election of the democratically elected president, by means of force.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

I rarely get involved in US politics, the matter of who supposedly runs that continuous genocidal regime is of little importance, it's run effectively by a military cabal.

However should the thread and the the forum really be an adjunct of the Democratic Party of the United States? This is a different country after all.

Given we don't have Trump to kick around anymore we should hope to have, perhaps, a bit more balance on Biden and the Democratic Party. After the honeymoon period and after he continues to starve Yemeni children ( and I am not saying that Trump didn't, read sentence one) I would suggest that we allow just a tiny smidgen of free speech on these issues. Particularly on any wars he might engage in.

I am aware that I could "go elsewhere", on the other hand there is nothing in the forum charter to suggest that this site accepts only favourable posts on the Democratic Party of the USA. If that is the case, lets put it in the moderation rules. Here, or site wide and I can ignore internal US politics even more.

Why are you assuming that legitimate criticism of Biden and the Democratic party isn't, or won't be, allowed here?

I haven't seen or read that here anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

tenor.gif?itemid=15546573

#feelsorryformagastheirfeelingsarehurting puke inducing drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Looks like Biden will attend mass before the inauguration, reflecting America's strange relationship with religion.

Also, it seems religious services still permitted despite the pandemic in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Why is Biden having such a militarised inauguration" is about as sophisticated a line of argument as "Stop hitting yourself".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Looks like Biden will attend mass before the inauguration, reflecting America's strange relationship with religion.

Also, it seems religious services still permitted despite the pandemic in the States.
    In fairness he's a pretty staunch Catholic I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

Where did I say I was upset?

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of allowing one president be called silly childish names for 4 years unchecked Vs not allowing it for another president.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

RonaVirus wrote: »
    Where did I say I was upset?

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of allowing one president be called silly childish names for 4 years unchecked Vs not allowing it for another president.
    Uh: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115129991&postcount=7456

In fairness he's a pretty staunch Catholic I think.

As Europe moves further and further away from religion, America is moving closer and closer to religion. Biden is a reflection of this move.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

As Europe moves further and further away from religion, America is moving closer and closer to religion. Biden is a reflection of this move.

This is ridiculous.

Americans get two choices in the most diverse country in the world for their head of state. If Biden was an atheist, he wouldn't have lost any votes while the vocal Christian right would rather have the wolf in very poor quality sheep's clothing.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

This is ridiculous.

Americans get two choices in the most diverse country in the world for their head of state. If Biden was an atheist, he wouldn't have lost any votes while the vocal Christian right would rather have the wolf in very poor quality sheep's clothing.

This is why I'm saying he's a reflection of America's unhealthy and weird attitude to religion.

The Dems have an unhealthy attitude to religion, just not as bad as the Republicans. American in general has a complex with religion.

This is why I'm saying he's a reflection of America's unhealthy and weird attitude to religion.

No, he isn't. Giant superchurches, millionaire ministers and sect after sect after sect of Protestantism are.

He identifies as an Irish Catholic and goes to mass. Fairly unremarkable if you ask me.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It was not a white supremist movement as I have seen some people try to say that it was.

No, not at all:rolleyes:

520b75a7392a8dd378c52f52336b1c4c3e-photo-lede.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He's a progressive Catholic, if you're looking for an accurate reflection of America's unhealthy attitude to religion then take a look at the mostly Republican "christian' evangelicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,981 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Advertisement

No, he isn't. Giant superchurches, millionaire ministers and sect after sect after sect of Protestantism are.

He identifies as an Irish Catholic and goes to mass. Fairly unremarkable if you ask me.

Giant superchurches and rich priests. Sounds like Ireland up til recently. Anyway.

It is increasingly weird in European politics for politicians to be religious and to be openly religious. So I find it weird that Biden and Harris will be so open about their religion, a reflection of America's unhealthy attitude to religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The Dems have an unhealthy attitude to religion, just not as bad as the Republicans. American in general has a complex with religion.

Is this your new thing for the next 4 years ?

Interesting take. Surprised you didn't raise it when the photo op outside the local church at the white house was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Giant superchurches and rich priests. Sounds like Ireland up til recently. Anyway.

It is increasingly weird in European politics for politicians to be religious and to be openly religious. So I find it weird that Biden and Harris will be so open about their religion, a reflection of America's unhealthy attitude to religion.

You don't though. You're just grasping . Fingers coming loose on the cling wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭Christy42

tenor.gif?itemid=15546573

#feelsorryformagastheirfeelingsarehurting puke inducing drivel

Technically he is right. Magas do feel unlistened to. They are absolutely wrong but they still feel it. They feel everything is not a fault of their own. They weren't listened to enough, sure that woman only got ahead cos of gender equality blah, blah, blah. Unless everything is focused on them at all times and is completely positive they won't feel listened to.

That is partly why I suspect many liked his racism. They knew he wasn't going to be listening to non white people. They knew he wasn't going to listen to lgbtq people. Of course the racism in their own ranks helped as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Have you seen the American Superchurches !? We've never had anyhing close to that scale here.

https://www.premierchristianity.com/var/ezdemo_site/storage/images/media/images/premier-christianity/megachurch-main/37993533-1-eng-GB/megachurch-main_article_image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

did you mean to write strong instead of strange?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

Lovely to see thousands of flags representing those that died in the pandemic fluttering in the wind for the inauguration.

Our could it represent those that voted for Biden who had died?

did you mean to write strong instead of strange?

Strange.

America has a weird and dangerous attitude to religion. God is still used by politicians in speeches.

Europe has begun to move away from this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The real apology tour^

• Advertisement

He's not trying to reduce the separation of church and state. He's not using his religion to reduce the rights of others. Attending mass simply isn't a biggy.

Advertisement