Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster v Leinster Build Up Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Great result for Leinster, one foot in the final.

Munster will have that to try and make amends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Not going to lie, that's a pretty satisfying win.

Positives for Ireland, Murray, Henshaw, Ryan and Larmour looking to be coming into some form. Beirne also decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Beirne MOTM. Toland gonna Toland. Not even the best second row on the park tonight

Unless you're saying Jean Kleyn was better, then you're objectively wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Can that be the end of JJ please?
    Keeps getting selected because he's one good game in every 7 or so. Zero consistency.

Also 6 lost line outs on your own throw is inexcusable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Bit of a smash and grab, can't leave points off the board like we did, congrats to Les Bleus

Beirne deserving of motm on account of the two big turnovers and try but thought Ryan put in a much more influential shift overall.

Murray and Henshaw both excellent, Henshaw outplaying his opposite number.

Score flatters Munster a bit tbh, Leinster left a lot of chances out there and Larmour's lack of match fitness really hurt us at times.

I really, really, really hope Reggie Corrigan is there with his microphone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Clegg wrote: »
    Ryan has been brilliant this evening.

Lineout steals and metres in the carry are notable, but there was a moment at around the 60 minutes mark that really summed up his contribution. Jack O'Donoghue was just on as a sub and got the ball with a bit of space ahead of him. Ryan quickly adjusts his line, chases him down and makes the tackle to stop his progress. He'd worked hard all game but still had the energy to chase down a fresher, faster man.

One might even speculate he played better than the MOTM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Keenan, McGrath, Ryan and Henshaw leinsters best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Great result for Leinster, one foot in the final.

Munster will have that to try and make amends.

If that happens Leinster will win

Munster just can't get the better of them

Definitely bogey side

5 in a row lost and barely any wins in the last 10 against Leinster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Chris Farrell was very poor this evening. Stark difference between the performance of his centre partner and Henshaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Paint drying

Grass growing

Completion of children's hospital

Murray at the back of a ruck

Glacier moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

MaddChris wrote: »
    Can that be the end of JJ please?
    Keeps getting selected because he's one good game in every 7 or so. Zero consistency.

Also 6 lost line outs on your own throw is inexcusable.

That won't happen but it should

A professional player missing like that is inexcusable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Beirne MOTM. Toland gonna Toland. Not even the best second row on the park tonight

Had a couple of great turnovers but was hit behind the gain line on two occasions by Ryan. Poor knock on too. Murray and Henshaw would have been my picks from each side. Henshaws carrying in traffic was excellent. Have to say, I wouldn’t be feeling too optimistic for Ireland in this 6Ns after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

My favorite expression about this game was from Toland. Girl who was 4 months pregnant had the right to be TMO. He is a class act. Honestly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

mfceiling wrote: »
    Paint drying

Grass growing

Completion of children's hospital

Murray at the back of a ruck

Glacier moving

Murray was really good tonight?

Beirne giving out about the lineout. Bit of a nerve ...

Clegg wrote: »
    Chris Farrell was very poor this evening. Stark difference between the performance of his centre partner and Henshaw.

Jesus he was now you say it.

I was expecting a huge challenge in the midfield and De Allende was off playing backrow while Farrell was anonymous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Reactionary post alert!

We need to go with Healy at 10. Those kind of misses from JJ are inexcusable and they happen too often. That miss in front of the posts in the second half was an absolute killer. The kick off the posts was unlucky in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Too easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Reactionary post alert!

We need to go with Healy at 10. Those kind of misses from JJ are inexcusable and they happen too often. That miss in front of the posts in the second half was an absolute killer. The kick off the posts was unlucky in fairness.

We do.. they always banging on about his kicking but other than a good game every once in a while he goes to **** when you need him most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Absolute sicker to lose that. But if you don’t kick your points that is liable to happen. JJ is just not good enough on the big occasion ultimately.

Very strange decision not to at least have your form hooker playing from the start. Our line out was awful and crucial to Leinster staying in the game.

No points in 70 mins is a very bad return and at this stage it’s very hard to see how we will ever beat Leinster. Given so many opportunities but just not up to taking them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

ElisaAtWar wrote: »
    My favorite expression about this game was from Toland. Girl who was 4 months pregnant had the right to be TMO. He is a class act. Honestly

Pity she's a ****e tmo.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Stop picking Hanrahan please.

Too easy

Tell Jessica boards says hello.

KaneToad wrote: »
    Beirne giving out about the lineout. Bit of a nerve ...

Player gives out about objectively incorrect decision which decides the game...

What nerve!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Murray was really good tonight?

I still thought he was very slow at getting the ball away at times especially when he's getting ready to box kick. In fairness the caterpillar carry on is getting beyond a joke at this stage.

Ball at the back, scrum half pulls ball back with foot. Another forward joins and scrum half drags ball back. Another player joins and scrum half drags it back further. It's a parasite on the game.

Toland is a tough man to listen to. Gushing about how Munster were running down the clock around the 65th min, praising them for keeping it tight in Leinster half, frustrating them with a 4 point lead.. Munster need a kick in the hole. No points scored at home from the 12th minute. Leinster were there to be beaten tonight.

ElisaAtWar wrote: »

My missus goes, 'WTF was that about, does he congratulate all the officials on air for new babies?'

My response was, "I listen to him too little to be able to tell you"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Not going to lie, that's a pretty satisfying win.

Positives for Ireland, Murray, Henshaw, Ryan and Larmour looking to be coming into some form. Beirne also decent.

decent...colossal more like it, one man army

Munster managed to find a way to lose it and JJ just doesn't have the bottle in the key games, unforgivable miss second half

That being said that's the first time in a while I have seen Munster's pack being dominant over Leinster so I think they're progressing for sure. Should have won that game. Way on top of the Leinster 8 except for lineout malfunctions. Murray back in excellent form too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Leinster are a spent force. They lived off Munster mistakes. The back 3 for Munster destroyed the Leinster back 3. Hopefully those fools calling for Ruddock will stfu.

Connor Murray shows why he's still number 1.

Haley really made a case for himself tonight.

• Advertisement

Leinster are a spent force. They lived off Munster mistakes. The back 3 for Munster destroyed the Leinster back 3. Hopefully those fools calling for Ruddock will stfu.

Thank you!!!! (even though the inevitable reply to this will be "Keenan skinned ye for a try lol")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

awec wrote: »
    Stop picking Hanrahan please.

I'd be more concerned about our lineout, at least we know JJ is inconsistent but still gets picked. No back line moves off 1st phase from the lineout as we either lost it ,not straight or had to resort to throw to the front.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bit much. Lost the game with no points scored for 60+ minutes right?

Jesus lads I'd say this 37 page thread would be about 10 pages if you removed all the posts moaning about refs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

JGP Keegan and Larmour all involved in the games decisive score.

But yet they were destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

well done Munster another another great moral victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 s0677674

Murray is our best scrum half, but seems to be coached out of playing a high tempo passing game. His kicking game is great, when he decides to pass, it is always delayed. Quicker ball from ruck would of provided Munster with much more go forward ball tonight. McGrath played with much better tempo. Personally get frustrated everytime I see Murray delaying his pass, it's the same at international level.

The Leinster centres put in a very good defensive shift and shut down a lot of attacks. De Allende is a.horse of a carrier but from.what I can recall from the game he made most of his metres out wider. Think Ringrose and Henshaw did a good job on him. Farrell was anonymous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

How sad was it when Casey came on and box kicked 4times

68 minutes. Very disappointing.

Larmour was poor in the air. Looked dangerous ball in hand mind you. Keenan had another solid game and did extremely well for the try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Sorry, I'm mostly a lurker, but, is this a serious post or taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Watching that makes it even more disappointing from a Connavht point of view we didn't get over the line against Munster. So poor in attack, but on the plus side for them Beirne is having a savage season. I know Murray played well tonight as well but I think we're seeing more and more he is still a game managing expert but there's really no trick up his sleeve anymore, he's not going to break a game. (Altough even worse was seeing the potentially electric Casey coming on and...... box kicking repeatedly) Anyone else for the 6 nations please even though it absolutely won't happen

How sad was it when Casey came on and box kicked 4times

I think there was a collective panic after Leinster went ahead. Casey needed one of the senior players to tell him to play, but that call didn't come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I didnt want to come on and give the usual Toland pre game bashing....

So i will do it post game...

He is without doubt the worst commentator in rugby...he has no business commenting in this era.....he was a middling player in his time, has zero credibility as an analyst now.

He really makes the game less enjoyable by listening to him....

The comment about Joy Nevilles pregnancy was inappropriate and even the main commentator ignored it...

Toland is cringeworthy

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Beirne deserving of motm on account of the two big turnovers and try but thought Ryan put in a much more influential shift overall.

Murray and Henshaw both excellent, Henshaw outplaying his opposite number.

Score flatters Munster a bit tbh, Leinster left a lot of chances out there and Larmour's lack of match fitness really hurt us at times.

I really, really, really hope Reggie Corrigan is there with his microphone...
    Ryan had an incredible game in all facets. He carried the Leinster pack at times. Hard to name another Leinster forward who really had a strong game. Some were solid but he was way, way above.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

C79-B010-A-3923-4102-A0-C4-337393-E294-EA.jpg

Leinster very poor in some areas. Same set piece issues that have dogged us all season. Munster not scoring in 68 minutes is very poor though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Missed six points from a guy that shouldn't have gotten a start. So yeah, while you're right, you're also a dick :D

Stander is rather ineffective as a carrier. Didn't lose the ball when taking contact or get dumped behind the gain line. But he didn't make many metres either.

Player gives out about objectively incorrect decision which decides the game...

What nerve!!!

Indeed. He should follow the example of his head coach.

All incorrect decisions have an impact on the game.

• Advertisement

I didnt want to come on and give the usual Toland pre game bashing....

So i will do it post game...

He is without doubt the worst commentator in rugby...he has no business commenting in this era.....he was a middling player in his time, has zero credibility as an analyst now.

He really makes the game less enjoyable by listening to him....

The comment about Joy Nevilles pregnancy was inappropriate and even the main commentator ignored it...

Toland is cringeworthy

Nobody's as bad as phil kearns but ya is probably one off the faves for second worst

Advertisement