Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Raised Beds

Options
  • 19-01-2021 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi

Planning ahead for some raised beds in back garden. Debating between railway sleepers and brick. Anyone any suggestions on where to get some sleepers in Kilkenny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Hi

Planning ahead for some raised beds in back garden. Debating between railway sleepers and brick. Anyone any suggestions on where to get some sleepers in Kilkenny.

Daltons the Freshford road usually have a supply of railway sleepers in , or Kilkenny builders suppliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Did mine with lengths of decking and wooden stakes. I’ve had no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Kilkenny Architectural Salvage may help on the sleeper front.

Theres a guy in Castlecomer that I got yellow bricks off pretty cheap before. Seems to have plenty to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

I got the wooden sleepers from Kilkenny Builder Providers.
    You could also use composite decking planks from enviroclad. No maintenance afterwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

All kinds of nasty stuff in genuine railway sleepers, be careful.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
Advertisement