Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic Guitar Recommendations ~ €500

Options
  • 19-01-2021 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Looking for some recommendations on guitars around this price. A lot of info online is typically for the lads over in the states. I see the Seagull s6 recommended a lot which is a bit cheaper on their side of the pond looks like it's about 580 on thomann. Obviously not much of a chance in the future of being able to pop into a shop to try anything out so more than likely buying online or from adverts/donedeal. I don't mind buying used. Play everything, and all styles so looking for a good all rounder to upgrade from my old Tanglewood TW28 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭the goon

I ve been looking myself and am very taken by Faith guitars. Here's an example;

https://reverb.com/item/34778407-faith-nexus-series-fpvcg-venus-cutaway-electro-mahogany-cognac

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

Not sure but these have my interest at the moment.

[Link]https://m.thomann.de/ie/gretsch_g5022cbfe_rancher_falcon_jumbo.htm?glp=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0rSABhDlARIsAJtjfCdkmvwgH7pm_sfFr-19TjtmXOupDZXRGlF5qHDHN8eF32sA8zpLG9YaAoWBEALw_wcB[/link]

Looking for some recommendations on guitars around this price. A lot of info online is typically for the lads over in the states. I see the Seagull s6 recommended a lot which is a bit cheaper on their side of the pond looks like it's about 580 on thomann. Obviously not much of a chance in the future of being able to pop into a shop to try anything out so more than likely buying online or from adverts/donedeal. I don't mind buying used. Play everything, and all styles so looking for a good all rounder to upgrade from my old Tanglewood TW28 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RunningHorse

The pair of them look interesting, not played a Faith or a Gretsch (acoustic). The V shaped sound hole on the Gretsch is at least unique to look at if nothing else! Taylor Big baby's seem to get a lot of good recommendations online, would like to hear some opinions on them if any of yas have played one

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jeff.

Have to say for that kinda money i would try a Takemine
    G series.... I've had one for years, gigged it up and down this country and the only thing I've serviced was the machine heads (replaced with Schaller minis) and lemon oil the fret board from time to time. Tis a workhorse! I'd love the 12 string....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

https://www.waltons.ie/home/products/view/03alag-pk-t118ace-blk-lag-tramontane-t118ace-auditorium-guitar-with-pick-up-and-padded-gigbag/

Really nice sounding well set up guitars.

Before you buy one head in to some neck guitars and ask owen if he has anything for you, if he doesn't he will tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 RunningHorse

https://www.waltons.ie/home/products/view/03alag-pk-t118ace-blk-lag-tramontane-t118ace-auditorium-guitar-with-pick-up-and-padded-gigbag/

Really nice sounding well set up guitars.

Before you buy one head in to some neck guitars and ask owen if he has anything for you, if he doesn't he will tell you.

Some neck have some decent stuff by the looks of things, based in clare at the minute though so no chance of being able to pop in any time soon might send them a fb message or something. Unfortunate reality at the moment is probably can't try before ya buy anytime soon. Will check out the Lags though!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gemancy

I have a Seagull, I bought it about 10 years ago in Cork, I love it. Beautiful sound, lovely to hold and play. I’m no expert however, just play at home. Enjoy whatever you end with :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Got an Epiphone masterbilt recently. Very happy with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I got a Cort Earth acoustic 15 years ago (this one), it's been gigged and dragged all over the country and is still going strong.
    Good enough to use live on stage, great unplugged, yet cheap enough not to be precious about it.

Cort are a good option that not many may have heard of or go for but I have 2 products (acoustic and bass) from them and they're both great.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Etc

Taylor GS Mini, amazing guitars, you'll pick a second hand one up for 500.

• Advertisement
Advertisement