Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build to edit video

Options
  • 19-01-2021 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? 1000 maybe a little more

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? mostly editing video Sony Vegas

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no

5. Do you need a monitor? yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. not sure big as possible. Suggestions welcome

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? N/A

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? I will need wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? no

8. How can you pay? Debit card

9. When are you purchasing? 30 days

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Don't need help building.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Self-build market is a bit banjaxed at the mo.

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/desktops-and-all-in-ones/new-g5-gaming-desktop/spd/g-series-5000-desktop/cd500005

pro-tip: click the blue "Contact" button to chat with a rep.
    Simply say "I would like to purchase this but it's a bit too expensive for me. Can you get me a better deal?" (or something to that effect)
    Can even try multiple reps until you get one who can give it to you for under a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

What resolution video? I'd guess you probably want a monitor to at least match? How much space do you think you need for your projects at any one time?

I hope you are aware the market is an absolute disaster zone right now! Best I can tell Vegas has supported gpu acceleration for a lot of things for a long time so your first challenge will be trying to pick and get your hands on a remotely sane video card.

If you aren't purchasing for 30 days it's a bit of a mystery what might be realistic with your budget by then but nailing down the monitor and storage will help a lot to work out what might be feasible and what's out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭rhc2s4lj5p0xu9

minitrue wrote: »
    What resolution video? I'd guess you probably want a monitor to at least match? How much space do you think you need for your projects at any one time?

I hope you are aware the market is an absolute disaster zone right now! Best I can tell Vegas has supported gpu acceleration for a lot of things for a long time so your first challenge will be trying to pick and get your hands on a remotely sane video card.

If you aren't purchasing for 30 days it's a bit of a mystery what might be realistic with your budget by then but nailing down the monitor and storage will help a lot to work out what might be feasible and what's out the window.
    currently 1080 but will be going 4k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭rhc2s4lj5p0xu9

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Self-build market is a bit banjaxed at the mo.

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/desktops-and-all-in-ones/new-g5-gaming-desktop/spd/g-series-5000-desktop/cd500005

pro-tip: click the blue "Contact" button to chat with a rep.
    Simply say "I would like to purchase this but it's a bit too expensive for me. Can you get me a better deal?" (or something to that effect)
    Can even try multiple reps until you get one who can give it to you for under a grand.
    why, brexit or covid or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Coyler

Covid. Brexit is more localised disruption. This is a global issue. Lots of people stuck in inside buying computers and other electronics. Factories and fabs not running at full capacity and supply lines under pressure due to lack of means to actually shift items.

As it stands you won't beat the system integrators like Dell. They have the stock and can under cut the current market price and still come out ahead.

The i3-10100f and the i5-10400f are a good deal and the Socket 1200 B460 mobos that go with them. Suppose Zen 2 and Zen 3 has the mind share now. RAM is still a good price but beyond those three you are not in luck. GPUs and PSU particularly.

And the second hand market is nuts. There be dragons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement