Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor mcgregor is being sued *Read OP for mod warning*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Hope she cleans him out

No amount she might take from him will clean him out. His brand ensures he can always make more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Isn't it two women suing ? And it's McGregor and another male being sued.

Both women have same surname (Indo reporting mother-daughter) interesting that the name of two parties suing are listed in Irish, I wonder if this was to try hide identity somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

A professional fighter fined a grand for punching an auld fella in a pub but Starbucks fined 12grand for a slanty-eyed drawing?
    I know who was most hurt of those two victims...

Something wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Yeah how did he get away with 1k for boxing your man in the pub?

• Advertisement

i think he paid off alot more underhand (talk of 100K)....afaik your man was father of hit-man for one of gangs in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 30,681 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Rumpoles will be able to retire on the retainers for this one...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i think he paid off alot more underhand (talk of 100K)....afaik your man was father of hit-man for one of gangs in dublin
    That makes sense. Loved the way the auld lad didnt even fall off his chair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

Rodin wrote: »
    A professional fighter fined a grand for punching an auld fella in a pub but Starbucks fined 12grand for a slanty-eyed drawing?
    I know who was most hurt of those two victims...

Something wrong there.

There is a big difference between a court imposed fine (criminal penalty) and a civil case for damages

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

That wasn't the same incident

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Eh? That cctv footage looked faker than a tik tok "prank"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Its satisfying to know that this mupp*** might actually be held accountable for the horrific crime he committed. From the dpp to the hotel which the incident happened in, they should all be held accountable for trying to cover this up.
    I’m led to believe the Gardai have substantial evidence from that night, so hopefully justice prevails.

"you are led to believe"?

Must be more convincing than the actual Garda investigation and DPP review.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Its satisfying to know that this mupp*** might actually be held accountable for the horrific crime he committed. From the dpp to the hotel which the incident happened in, they should all be held accountable for trying to cover this up.
    I’m led to believe the Gardai have substantial evidence from that night, so hopefully justice prevails.

I'm led to believe they don't. The Gardai and DPP would have enjoyed pinning him on this and the fact they didn't speaks volumes.

He gets accused of all sorts all the time, just look at the Liverpool thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

This is a civil matter though. Gards don't usually get involved in that. Article also states DPP didn't pursue charges due to lack of evidence.

Civil action has a much lower evidence threshold than a criminal action.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Johnny BGood

I'm led to believe they don't. The Gardai and DPP would have enjoyed pinning him on this and the fact they didn't speaks volumes.
    He gets accused of all sorts all the time, just look at the Liverpool thing.

Ah cmon, he admitted to sleeping with you’re woman and obviously paid her off, the child is the absolute spit of him!
    In regards to the hotel incident, the gardai gave the dpp a ridiculously strong file against him. The dpp dismissed dna evidence, only they can explain their ridiculous decision to dismiss the case.
    His victim will now have the opportunity to stand up in court backed up by evidence which includes cctv.
    It’s not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Ah cmon, he admitted to sleeping with you’re woman and obviously paid her off, the child is the absolute spit of him!
    In regards to the hotel incident, the gardai gave the dpp a ridiculously strong file against him. The dpp dismissed dna evidence, only they can explain their ridiculous decision to dismiss the case.
    His victim will now have the opportunity to stand up in court backed up by evidence which includes cctv.
    It’s not looking good.

Get a hold of yourself, everybody knows who fathered that kid in Liverpool. My neighbour looks like Conor but fairly certain he didn't father him either.

You're going on here like you know inside stuff but clearly haven't a breeze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Get a hold of yourself, everybody knows who fathered that kid in Liverpool. My neighbour looks like Conor but fairly certain he didn't father him either.

Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

It was 1k in court because he’d already come to a private settlement afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Scobe is parading a million dollar diamond watch, evidently he has more than enough cash to spray around.

The state of the watch.

I would be interested to see how this plays out.

Ive my opinion of Conor based on his punching aul lads, coke fueled binges, his cheating on his misses with trollopes and what not.

Hes not a man of good character.

I hope he gets what he deserves.

And the state of his watch. How old is he? Its the millionaire equivalent of a nudie pen bought from a huckster shop on holibops. Is he a horny 12 year old?

Money cant buy character and neither can publicised charitable donations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

The one thing money can't buy is class.

• Advertisement

McGregor probably would not want any details of an alleged vicious assault to make it to a public forum in a court surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭robwen

But but but he got the WhatsApps so it has to be true, LOL

mysteriously that unemployed woman from Liverpool was suddenly heading off on trips to New York and LA exactly just after that supposed DNA test resolution.

pure coincidence of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Makes the New York Times, more detail as to what is alleged compared to Irish media...
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/19/sports/conor-mcgregor-lawsuit-ufc.html

Makes the New York Times, more detail as to what is alleged compared to Irish media...
    She was examined in a sexual assault treatment unit at a hospital after her mother called her an ambulance when she arrived home, the lawsuit said. According to the statement, bruising was found on most of her body, and she had abrasions on her face, neck and right breast.

Fcuk him and his million euro watches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Sounds even more like a set up with that info. Damages include the cost of selling a house and moving, so as not to remember the incident.

Moving in next to Bono, I'd guess

Sounds even more like a set up with that info. Damages include the cost of selling a house and moving, so as not to remember the incident.

Assuming we've read the same article, on what basis does it seem like a stitch up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You think something is a set-up based on what the compensation that your solicitor recommends you ask for?

Hypothetically speaking now of course. If it were true that a woman had been assaulted by a multi multi millionaire in the fashion described or alluded to, what price would you put on the compensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Set up?

Really? Hes only set up if he takes the bait.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Darc19 wrote: »
    Civil action has a much lower evidence threshold than a criminal action.

Not Garda evidence. Which the person I was responding to made a point of stating, also suggesting it was quite strong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement