Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House Alarm

• 19-01-2021 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Can anybody recommend any providers/installers for house alarms for a new build in the Limerick suburbs. Phone watch are quoting April.

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

T&K for me, 3rd house now and 3rd alarm with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Cliffords can't fault service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

T&K every time

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shreko

Anyone able to give a ballpark price for getting an alarm on your house? Or is it very varied?

• Advertisement

shreko wrote: »
    Anyone able to give a ballpark price for getting an alarm on your house? Or is it very varied?

It is varied to be honest. It will depend on if the house was prewired for an alarm or not. The number of doors and windows are a factor. What type of monitoring if any you want. It's best to call a provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shreko

h3000 wrote: »
    It is varied to be honest. It will depend on if the house was prewired for an alarm or not. The number of doors and windows are a factor. What type of monitoring if any you want. It's best to call a provider.

Great, thanks for the reply. Definitely not wired already as it’s an old house so will call one of the above to get an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If not wired then you can have motion sensors instead. My current house was partially wired for an alarm so where there are rooms with windows but no doors they installed motion sensors(T&K). They will call out, assess and quote based on what is needed(If of course they are considered essential services right now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

T&K very expensive.

We had a monitored alarm but changed provider to Feale Security and they are really helpful and good to deal with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Mc Love wrote: »
    T&K very expensive.

We had a monitored alarm but changed provider to Feale Security and they are really helpful and good to deal with

I hate this flipping "Call us for a quote" malarkey.

• Advertisement

I called T&K for a quote and granted we have a lot of windows, they could have said they would use sensor alarms but gave us the quote for windows.

Feale were very good and removed some of our window sensors and put motion ones in place that some will trigger when we're at home and some that will trigger if we're away. Window sensors can be really sensitive and prone to errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I called T&K for a quote and granted we have a lot of windows, they could have said they would use sensor alarms but gave us the quote for windows.

Feale were very good and removed some of our window sensors and put motion ones in place that some will trigger when we're at home and some that will trigger if we're away. Window sensors can be really sensitive and prone to errors.

Feale have a better website for sure and prices. Why this route and not self install / self monitor setups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

If you are going to go down the internal sensor route only, you realise that an intruder will be already inside before the alarm activates so factor that in to your choice

If I was going sensors only , I’d have cameras front & back along with good external lighting

If you are going to go down the internal sensor route only, you realise that an intruder will be already inside before the alarm activates so factor that in to your choice
    That would be my concern with motion sensors only.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The Home Security Systems forum on here really is a wealth of knowledge and contacts, I'd really recommend asking questions there. Personally I picked up a Yale Smart Alarm a few years ago on Amazon, it was simple to install but I've never used it.

If I was going sensors only , I’d have cameras front & back along with good external lighting

We have camera's alright

We have camera's alright

Sorry for going a bit off topic but what cameras are you using? I'm think about picking up two or three.

Berty wrote: »
    If not wired then you can have motion sensors instead. My current house was partially wired for an alarm so where there are rooms with windows but no doors they installed motion sensors(T&K). They will call out, assess and quote based on what is needed(If of course they are considered essential services right now)

You can also get wireless window sensors. T&K fitted one for me last year because the builders forgot to run a wire to one of the windows.

h3000 wrote: »
    Sorry for going a bit off topic but what cameras are you using? I'm think about picking up two or three.

Not sure of the model but we had Ger Enright install them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

You can also get wireless window sensors. T&K fitted one for me last year because the builders forgot to run a wire to one of the windows.

Yup, we've got wireless sensors on our front and rear doors, along with three of our windows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We have an internal system and camera with additional motion sensor and lighting out back and up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We have an internal system and camera with additional motion sensor and lighting out back and up front.

Similarly we’ve all external doors, all windows alarmed along with cameras front & back with external lighting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Similarly we’ve all external doors, all windows alarmed along with cameras front & back with external lighting

Yep. Same as.

Advertisement