If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair Of Sony SRS-X5

Options
  • 19-01-2021 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,414 ✭✭✭✭

Hello Guys,

The speaker is about 4-5 years old, had not been used in about 12 months. Took it out of the drawer over the weekend... a seriously heavy duty buzzzing coming from it, making listening to music through it not anyway doable, it is donald ducked. Still connects to my iPad ok, volume seems good but just this constant buzz.... don’t remember it having a fall or any mishap...

Just wondering if you guys would be interested/able to take a look at it with a view to repairing it, I believe you do repairs ?

Thanks in advance,

Strumms..

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Strumms wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

The speaker is about 4-5 years old, had not been used in about 12 months. Took it out of the drawer over the weekend... a seriously heavy duty buzzzing coming from it, making listening to music through it not anyway doable, it is donald ducked.  Still connects to my iPad ok, volume seems good but just this constant buzz.... don’t remember it having a fall or any mishap...

Just wondering if you guys would be interested/able to take a look at it with a view to repairing it, I believe you do repairs ?  

Thanks in advance,

Strumms..
    Hi Strumms.

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear you are having issues with your SRS-X5.

We don't have an engineer here at the store and all our repairs go off to the manufacturers agent.
    We can also only request to get items repaired that had been purchased from ourselves.

For items outside of warranty the item would need returned to us here at the Belfast store.
    Once it arrives with us there would be a £60 estimate to be paid and we would then send it off to get evaluated.

The repair agent would then come back with a cost to fix if it can be fixed.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,414 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Thanks for the info, appreciate it, I’ll get back in touch...

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Strumms wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, appreciate it, I’ll get back in touch...
    No problem at all.

If we can help in anyway in future please let u know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.