Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowdrops

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Back again raising this year old thread back from the dead ;-)

Take a look at any Snowdrops you have now with a view to digging up and transplanting and larger clumps of Snowdrops you have in a couple of weeks time.

Snowdrops have to be one of the easiest things to grow provided you divide them in the green. Dry Snowdrop bulbs in packets from the garden centre are a total waste of time. The only skill is remembering to do the job.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

My snowdrops planted two years ago - this is their second year flowering - are looking lovely this year. They were a kind gift 'in the green' from a Boardsie and were duly planted in three patches. They did come up last year but this year they are looking plumptious! Its easy to see how they would be ready for splitting after a few years.

There is something really special about snowdrops and after years of wasting money on dry bulbs - carefully putting them in pots and minding them, to no effect, I finally have some, grown on so easily from green, its the only way to go! I'll try and remember to get a pic tomorrow.

Advertisement