Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman threatened and robbed in Limerick after refusing to give man cigarette

Options
  • 20-01-2021 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Full article here. Scumbag attacks woman with knife in Limerick

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/irish-crime/woman-threatened-and-robbed-in-limerick-after-refusing-to-give-man-cigarette-39989709.html

A man has been arrested by gardai investigating a robbery in which a woman who was in her car on her own was threatened after she refused to give a man a cigarette

The incident occurred on Monday afternoon at car park on Sheehan's Road, Newcastle West in Co Limerick.

The victim went to Newcastle West Garda Station where she reported that she had just been subject of a robbery at 12.30pm.

She outlined that she had been sitting in her car smoking a cigarette when a man approached her and requested a cigarette.

When she refused the man became aggressive and threatened her with what was believed to be a knife. He then grabbed her cigarettes from the dashboard and got into a car which then left the scene.

The woman was not harmed during the incident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Asking for a cigarette was only the prelude to the attempted robbery (or whatever was the man's intention)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This strikes me as a 'one of our own scumbags' thread started as a counterbalance to the other 'scumbags' threads on here.

In my opinion we have more than enough threads started purely because the scumbag isn't ethnic white Irish*, without the tit-for-tat reaction.

*assuming that the guy in this case is indeed one our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Smokers are jokers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

We should hold a vigil to honour this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,452 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

osarusan wrote: »
    This strikes me as a 'one of our own scumbags' thread started as a counterbalance to the other 'scumbags' threads on here.

In my opinion we have more than enough threads started purely because the scumbag isn't ethnic white Irish*, without the tit-for-tat reaction.

It isn’t mentioned whatsoever. Why go there in every thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Poor bastard. For him stab city must be stub city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is This news?

worse happens in our capital every few days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

osarusan wrote: »

Indeed it is. The OP is feverishly on the thread where 3 blacks brutally attacked and stabbed a young mother in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Is there an actual point op ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Is This news?

worse happens in our capital every few days..

Scummers being scummers. I run the risk of this every day in town.

Like if it ended up as a stabbing or a viscous assault, yeah fine.

Her smokes got robbed. Worse crime goes unreported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,344 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A Man was arrested in West Cork, nearly 150km away.

Garda obviously knew him.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Will probably be some "disadvantaged" person with many previous convictions already.

Advertisement