Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which super mario game?

Options
  • 20-01-2021 3:57pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So my 6 year is asking for super mario odyssey but after limited research i noticed super mario all stars is the same price and includes galaxy also spotted super mario 3d world + bowsers fury.
    Which would be the best to get for the young lad?
    He is loving mario maker , he also has animal crossing but finding it hard after about 25 hours in, might be one for the future when he can read fully.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Get him Odyssey - he won't like Mario 64, and will likely get frustrated with Sunshine. Galaxy is a bit annoying in portable mode too.

Odyssey has an easy mode too, to help him enjoy the game. When he's older, the others will be there but as a first entry, the older game mechanisms will likely just reduce his enjoyment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

chrislad wrote: »
    Get him Odyssey - he won't like Mario 64, and will likely get frustrated with Sunshine. Galaxy is a bit annoying in portable mode too.

Odyssey has an easy mode too, to help him enjoy the game. When he's older, the others will be there but as a first entry, the older game mechanisms will likely just reduce his enjoyment.

Thanks for that, im assuming the nintendo store is my only option for digital version?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Dcully wrote: »
    Thanks for that, im assuming the nintendo store is my only option for digital version?

Not so. You can buy download codes from cdkeys.com and from Amazon from time to time too.

Not so. You can buy download codes from cdkeys.com and from Amazon from time to time too.

Perfect, ive used cdkeys many times for pc games, wasnt aware they had switch games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Dcully wrote: »
    So my 6 year is asking for super mario odyssey but after limited research i noticed super mario all stars is the same price and includes galaxy also spotted super mario 3d world + bowsers fury.
    Which would be the best to get for the young lad?
    He is loving mario maker , he also has animal crossing but finding it hard after about 25 hours in, might be one for the future when he can read fully.

I would go with switch online membership and you get old games of super mario 1, 2 and 3 for 20 euro a year.
    As these are 2d games also and should be easy enough for 6 year old without puzzles. You also get a few more nes and snes games to play. As may already have it download the snes player and play the all stars edition and start with mario 3 I say.

If not odyssey is 45 in smyths and much better game than the package. If he likes that maybe the 3d one next

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/digital-downloads/nintendo-digital-downloads/nintendo-switch-12-months-individual-online-membership-digital-download-/p/603002

• Advertisement

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    I would go with switch online membership and you get old games of super mario 1, 2 and 3 for 20 euro a year.
    As these are 2d games also and should be easy enough for 6 year old without puzzles. You also get a few more nes and snes games to play. As may already have it download the snes player and play the all stars edition and start with mario 3 I say.

If not odyssey is 45 in smyths and much better game than the package. If he likes that maybe the 3d one next

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/digital-downloads/nintendo-digital-downloads/nintendo-switch-12-months-individual-online-membership-digital-download-/p/603002

Thanks but we recently cancelled this sub as he didnt like the games in there at all.

Thanks for the smyths tip, just ordered it there and forgot we had vouchers for there too.

Yes Mario Odyssey is a good game and as said, if required, has an assist mode to allow for "growing into the game".

The main game experience is actually not hard in any case.

Here's how it works ->

https://twinfinite.net/2017/10/super-mario-odyssey-how-to-use-assist-mode-and-what-it-does/

No point in paying over the odds for old frustrating games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Which one?
    Every one!
    giphy.gif

Advertisement