Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration and passport

Options
  • 20-01-2021 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Has anyone managed to register their newborn online yet? I tried 10 days ago and it said they’d be in touch but no word. I’m keen to have it done and ready to get her passport issued because it appears every time we’re in level 5 the passport office shuts down so I imagine it’ll take months

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to register their newborn online yet? I tried 10 days ago and it said they’d be in touch but no word. I’m keen to have it done and ready to get her passport issued because it appears every time we’re in level 5 the passport office shuts down so I imagine it’ll take months

Did you scan the forms and email to your local office? That's what I did and I got a call two days later from a woman who wanted to run through the form to make sure it was ok and that was it. Paid her the €20 and she posted out the certificate. I was putting it off for ages because it felt like awful hassle but in the end it was fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭McCloskey_A

Beanybabog wrote: »

Ring your local reg office / they didn’t get my forms even though the email was sent to midlands region who confirmed they had sent it to local office , we then had an issue with the pps office also making an error - so lots of time all around
    I presumed it was taking longer due to COVID , whereas just seemed to be errors!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Thanks, I’ll give them a buzz tomorrow, I assumed the phones wouldn’t be answered and was going to send a follow up email. The automatic email said up to 5 weeks! I assumed mine would be quicker- I know my second baby was straightforward as all the info was in the system already like marriage cert

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I registered my little one online in December, it took about 4 weeks to process and then I got an email saying it was complete. You still have to order cert after completion, so that takes more time.
    PPS number came automaticallyin the post about a week after the email I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Madness, I sent the form in to the Dublin office by regular post and got an email 2 days later saying my son was registered with a link to order the birth cert. I was advised to send this person the order reference number for the birth cert to speed it up and I got the cert about 2 days later in the post. Online system seems to be much slower!

• Advertisement
Advertisement