Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge cheque in married name.

• 20-01-2021 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

My account is in my maiden name. Do not wish to change it. Small cheque, €40, in my married name. Used quicklodge on Monday to lodge it, cheque was returned today saying can't be lodged as different name on A/C.
    How do I get around this without changing my name on the A/C? The cheque cannot be reissued in my maiden name.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

You should be able to go into a branch with a copy of your marraige certificate and have a real human authorise and lodge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB2017

you can lodge a cheque in another name to a bank account once the named person on the cheque has signed the back of it, at least you used to be able to. So sign the back in your married name and you should be able to lodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Batgurl has given the right answer :)

Advertisement