Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got a reply from TIDAL and it's the most bizarre thing. Basically it screams that they know a few of us go to the cheapest country.

Hello,

As you may know by now, TIDAL will no longer be servicing Turkey effective October 31st, 2021.

Many customers have already taken action and opened a new account in the country they have moved to, but if you haven’t,

there are a few things we suggest so that you can continue to enjoy the service.

Please re-register yourself with a new email address, and payment method. This will also give you 30 days of free listening.

Unfortunately, any playlist you may have created will not be saved.

If you purchased an extended promotion, please reach out to us for a prorated refund and we will process within 60 days.

We are sorry for an inconvenience this may cause. Please reach out to support.tidal.com if you need further assistance.

Musically Yours,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Got that exact email today. ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I read it as "we won't do the move for you, go away and start the VPN yourself"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I wonder why they shut down Turkey if they are seemingly fine with everyone moving country. I'll be doing this towards the end of the month. Any recommendations for a VPN to use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

TunnelBear works perfectly...and is cute!

If you're waiting until the end of the month, I'd suggest waiting until Black Friday. I got either 4 or 6 months free last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭Ardent

Quite impressive.... given that Seed 4 Me doesn't list Argentina as a VPN location!

New account created with tunnelbear and used the same card as last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭John mac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

So for anyone who’s set up a new account…this has probably been mentioned already…

If you had huge playlists with your old account you can just share the url and add to new account. I have a good few playlists that had thousands of songs and took seconds to port over to new account using this method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

Lads, I can't get this working on a new account in Argentina no matter what I do! I've created new Tidal accounts using NordVPN and Keepsolid and Tunnelbear on their Argentina server. On the Tidal payment screen (showing $99 a month which I've heard is correct), when I put in my card details and click on the pay button a Red banner appears no matter which mastercard or visa debit card I've used. I even tried a revolut virtual card. I have tried the process a few times now with new accounts and I can never get past the payment page. Has anyone seen this and know a workaround?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

I had the same problem when I first tried but I left it a couple of days and it worked fine with the same card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭pah

Came here to find out what was going on with Tidal. I'm going to ditch it and stick with YouTube music. Does what I need for me and the whole family for a few rupees

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

Hi, i also had loads of issues mainly with payment,

tried windscribe,keepsolid,tunnelbear,seed4u and all failed at payment screen

in loads of countries, argentina,south africa etc.

my eventual solution,

used tidal serbia, new email,(gmail with a dot)

keepsolid vpn, changed browser to firefoxon phone , payment failed again.......revolut & bank card

then opted for paypal , added revolut card, all went thru, new family account @ € 6.00????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

Thanks for that link, I used them before when moving from Spotify to Tidal, and now again from Tidal to Tidal :)

For Revolut users, do you add the Argentina Peso's to your account? I cant seem to find it in Revolut but it still went through with payment...

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Made a new account and signed up via the Argentina website. All good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

So what I did was log into my old account, go to playlists and share using link, paste links into notepad or whatever. Then log into new account and open links and save there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

did anyone get Argentina set up with there debit card ? or just revolut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭boosabum

Set up with credit card yesterday in Argentina, no issues. Same card as before with new email address using VPN unlimited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭AllForIt

When is the Turkish service due to be cut off, mine is still going.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

when your current sub ends there taking no more payments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ton3181

Same experience with Tidal Turkey ending. Created new email@g#ail.com, used NordVPN to Argentina and signed up with no problems (using Revolut). Transferred all playlists, albums and liked bands using soundiz. No problems...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

not as cheap as ARG or TKY was, but i signed up to Tidal Romania, €4/month, not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

their support staff are brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

I got the bot when I tried to delete my account. It told me the humans would be on to me to confirm the cancel. Got an email the next day that they were very busy and would respond within a day. Two days later I got an email to say my ticket was cancelled as I didn't respond to their last email. 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah I jumped ship too after my Turkish sub ran out. Used TunnelBear. Was a bit confused when i saw dollar sign as a sub but could tell from the numbers it was Argentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads me Turkish tidal has expired

I see Deezer has a annual option

I have a Turkish bank account

So if I use a vpn will it work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Used Tunnel Bear Argentina signed up got the payment blocked thingy...eventually managed to get it going...using incognito chrome browser...

€1.95 for Hifi Family Plan in Argentina versus €2.60 was paying in Turkey lol

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Advertisement