Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

I think you revert to a 30 day free trial, but I can't be sure about that. Hoping I can get payment accepted again once my "free" sub eventually expires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

63 cent this month.

The Argentine Peso will be worth nothing soon at the rate its falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ubermick

To those having problems with payments a buddy of mine pointed me towards this info (doubtcha Ferg!): https://www.reddit.com/r/TIdaL/comments/10t4z3p/tidal_argentina_billing_issues/

Due to recent changes in the way Visa handles Argentine Peso (ARS) currency exchange, our payment processor will only allow cards that have been issued by an Argentine bank for the foreseeable future. Depending on what country you currently reside in, there are a couple of options available: 

If you currently live in Argentina and are using a VISA card that was not issued by an Argentine bank, please update your payment method to a VISA card that was issued in Argentina. Failure to update your payment method may result in a billing failure, and ultimately in the cancellation of your subscription.

If you have moved to a different country, you’ll need to create a new TIDAL account that is registered under a different username and in the country you currently reside in. Once your new account is created, we can help transfer over all of your playlists and favorites. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

So seems like Visa is out as an option, which is why people using Mastercards are having better luck. That said, I did try it with an American Express card (!) and it got declined as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

My subscription pushed out till 15th now , ha, keeps getting pushed out 3 days when payment fails, original up on 6th

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

that will happen for a while with the failed payments before it closes the sub

• Advertisement

Ah well, was great while it lasted

Yeah, last chance saloon here for myself, I signed up for a Clevercard Mastercard and got the same error message as I did with multiple Visas, an American Express, and a prepaid Visa, all through tunnelbear's Argentinian VPN.

Post edited by ubermick on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,673 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

N26 mastercard works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

Give it a try after it actually stops working, I couldn't get any cards to work until it had stopped working, then the revolut virtual mastercard worked and payment went through straight away.

Sub finally lapsed today altogether revolut virtual Mastercard still won't work . looks like it's game over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

My Revolut virtual Mastercard worked on the 16th

I've changed the revolut virtual 3 times there, got it working on the 4tg attempt haha, strange but I'm not complaining back in now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

61c this month

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Hadn't realised my payment had failed until today, went on to the website and paid using the same Revolut card I setup with last June, went through first time at a steep 59c!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

worked for me with tunnel bear and revolut virtual mastercard , amount due after free trial shows as $145 , I presume thats pesos ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Anyone managing to get this to accept Revolut?

Won't accept Virtual card with VPN on or off

I think I figured it out - or rather someone on reddit did. The issue isn't the cards or the VPN, it's Apple. People using Macs weren't able to sign up or update their cards at all, and someone figured out it's because your Apple ID geoblocks it.

So fired up Windows, into Tidal with the VPN set to Argentina, entered in the Clevercard Mastercard I snagged - which was rejected on both previous computers I tried it with - and absolutely plain sailing, all signed up and straight in.

I'd loaded €35 on it, so should be covered for... four years or so?! Great stuff!

My sub will simply not renew until it expires fully. I got mine to renew last month using no vpn and a single use visa virtual card (revolut). I’m getting nagging messages again on tidal about payment errors, so I will see if I can renew again this month once the sub runs out.

its a mastercard thats recomended not a visa on revolut

• Advertisement

Yes but Revolut are no longer giving me the single use Mastercard option (unless I am missing something?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Wouldn't you rather use the multi-use virtual card to not to have to re-enter a new single-use card number every month?

Of course I would, but it doesn't work any more for some reason. I could only renew using the single use card. My subscription expires at midnight tomorrow, so I'll post back on what does and doesn't work for renewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Using Argentinian VPN (KeepSolid) but still seeing $ and Euro prices. What is the knack to seeing the correct currency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

I had the same problem with PureVPN, Tunnel Bear worked fine for me and you can use the free version.

Turns out it was working showing the $99 as Argentina use the dollar symbol for their currency too. ARS$99= 40c at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

57c this month

Question for anybody using it for a few months. Do the recommendations improve as I still see a lot of Latin recommendations in my playlists. Does it eventually learn or is this just one minor inconvenience for buying via Argentina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah, they do. You will still see the odd Latin thing but not too much.

Advertisement