Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

yes got the same email. In terms of percentages that is some epic increase in price !

In Nov 21, I moved to arg when turkey shut and 99arg i was 87c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭muloc

Not received any email. I have hifi family at $145.

I wonder is it only hifi plus going up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

48c for July. Guess it'll be close to 2 Euro with the August price increase. 😱

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

If tidal had a bmw in car app it would be the job. Streaming via android auto isn't great quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

You're right! All I'd need then would be a BMW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I tried tidal and found the Carplay app to be very poor in comparison to Spotify, and then the phone apps had a few quirks too but I could live with them. Really just the Carplay experience was useless. Went back to Spotify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭ooter

€1.95 taken today, big jump from last month, 4 times the price.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

new beta app now with flac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Question re family accounts on Tidal

Once I have signed up (used Incognito+Windscribe+Revolut MC), can I invite users without them needing to use VPN to sign in for the first time?

And, how do I invite them, can't seem to do it via App, need to use Website?

Edit

I can see I need to use web and they don't need VPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Wont work with streaming I assume. Like to a chromecast

Latest beta loaded on chromecast wgoogletv . i cant test max as only on hifi sub atm its only showing as master not max on this app , cant get on hifi plus atm

So, one of my family members couldn't sign up as country didn't match so assume they must use VPN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I used a vpn to give my location as Argentina and signed up for the free trial a month ago, trial ended and they charged me 19,99 US dollars.🤦

Tried to sign up with a different account using a different vpn and its telling me Tidal isn't available in Argentina!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

I signed up through Argentina a couple of weeks ago and familyl members had to use VPN for the first sign in . Not needed after that.

Cheers, makes sense.

USD 19.99 for a month or a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

A month. I used bitdefender vpn to sign up and I was definitely showing as being in Argentina as per "whats my ip"

Today I tried tunnelbear and got the "Tidal is not available in your country" notice. Location showed as Buenos Aires

• Advertisement

Hmm

I have only had my card verified. Guess I won't be charged anything until 30 days are up. Definitely signed up to an ARS price but we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

I was charged €2.95 this month for hifi+ family with an Argentina sub still well worth it , last month was around 50c for a single sub

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Charged 1.01 for this month, still a great bargain

The peso took a grand dive last week, takes the sting out of the rise. I recall when 99 peso was 87c in Nov 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭lau1247

IP may be correct but the site doesn't recognise it maybe.

I signed up tonight, I tried Tunnel Bear, VPN Unlimited (Aka Keepsolid) and ExpressVPN. Both Tunnel Bear and VPN Unlimited (Keepsolid) did show IP for Argentina when checking via IP Leak website prior to sign up but not working when trying to sign up. It keep saying something along the line of not available for my location.

ExpressVPN worked for me in the end with Duck Duck Go browser and Revolut Virtual card.

If you go to account.tidal.com, under "Subscription" section, it will show you what you will be charged. Mine for Hifi Plus (Family) says will be charging $570 per month. I'm assuming it is $570 Argentinian Peso rather than American Dollar. Which will work out to about 1.50 Euro and is somewhat in line with what others have said here price wise.

@Redsoxfan, do you see the same? What about you @.G. ?

Funnily, when I go in to "change plan" section, I can see Hifi Plus (Family) for $225 per month and HiFi Plus (Individual) for $570 per month. Seems like they got some pricing typo to fix.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Mine shows dollar sign too, 380 for individual plan

Doesn't seem like good news.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Anyone else get the below email this morning?

Hi!

We would like to provide you with an important update regarding the acceptance of payment cards in light of recent changes in the handling of Argentine Peso (ARS) currency exchange by Visa and Mastercard. As a result of these changes, our payment processor will now only accept cards issued by Argentine banks for the foreseeable future. This includes both Visa and Mastercard.

1. Depending on your current country of residence, you have a few options available to you:If you currently live in Argentina and are using a VISA or MASTERCARD card that was not issued by an Argentine bank, please update your payment method to a card issued in Argentina. Failure to do so may lead to billing failure and, ultimately, the cancellation of your subscription.

1. If you have moved to a different country, you will need to create a new TIDAL account using a different username and register it in the new country where you currently reside. Once your new account is set up, we can assist you in transferring all your playlists and favorites.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the TIDAL Support team here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Just received email from Tidal. Looks like this is the end of Tidal Argentina

We would like to provide you with an important update regarding the acceptance of payment cards in light of recent changes in the handling of Argentine Peso (ARS) currency exchange by Visa and Mastercard. As a result of these changes, our payment processor will now only accept cards issued by Argentine banks for the foreseeable future. This includes both Visa and Mastercard.

1. Depending on your current country of residence, you have a few options available to you:If you currently live in Argentina and are using a VISA or MASTERCARD card that was not issued by an Argentine bank, please update your payment method to a card issued in Argentina. Failure to do so may lead to billing failure and, ultimately, the cancellation of your subscription.

1. If you have moved to a different country, you will need to create a new TIDAL account using a different username and register it in the new country where you currently reside. Once your new account is set up, we can assist you in transferring all your playlists and favorites.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the TIDAL Support team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Recieved an email informing that Tidal Argentina will now only accept payment via Argentine bank cards.

Customers with international bank cards will have to set up another Tidal account.

Advertisement