Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oatfield Avenue Clondalkin

• 20-01-2021 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey! Myself and my partner are thinking about moving to oatfeild Avenue in Clondalkin to rent.

Does anyone have any thoughts/ info on the area? Is it a safe spot or should we be looking elsewhere in clondalkin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Really it's Neilstown, not Clondalkin. It has it's own town centre and everything. General rule with Clondalkin is to stick to south of the Nangor road and this is north. While there's a few OK parts north, like Palmerstown Woods, I think Oatfield wouldn't be for me. I live south of the nangor road and it's great, I love the area, but I never lived north, this is just the vibe of the place driving through it isn't great. Finches Pub is regarded as one of the dodgiest pubs in dublin!
    Drive up and down the main road through, the neilstown road and see what you thing. I wouldn't buy there personally

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I would avoid with a 2km pole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Would not recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Living in the area 20+ years and never had a single problem. It is two minute walk to local shops and the new library is open, also we have a credit union. Then 5 minutes walk you have Liffey valley with all it has to offer. Just at the end of Oatfield is the big park which I’m in every single day with my dogs and not a single problem. Dm me if you need anymore information.

Advertisement