Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump appreciation Thread

Options
  • 21-01-2021 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

We appreciate and thank Donald Trump for the four years he was President of the USA. some of his great achievements that effect ireland and worldwide are

1) ISIS melted away to nothing thanks to Donald Trump a great blessing particularly to those in the middle east

2) the amount of wars world wide decreased to its lowest levels in living memory particularly in the middle east.

3) Terorist attacks decreased noticeably in europe and world wide

4) hugh population displacement reduced dramatically under trumps term mainly due to the first three points

5) trump struck a peace agreement with Kim of north korea possible halting a nuclear war

6) He revived the usa economy in the first three years bring 5 million people off welfare and lowest unemployment levels in decades before covid 19 struck.

7) probably many improvements at the local usa level such as reforming obama care

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

ForthrightLonelyIberianbarbel-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Got kicked off twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

He truly was one of the greatest orangemen of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

He was alright on China-definitely better than his predecessors, fairly successful on focusing minds on some of the NATO stuff, was pretty good for the US economy until this year which was good for Ireland, didn't f-ck up the middle east too much (more).
    Long list of his faults, but not for this thread

What I don't get though is, say you were a big fan of his policies when he ran, he's been sh-te at implementing, useless at draining the swamp and so on. Basically shouldn't the people who were Trump supporters hate him the most because he was so useless at doing what he said he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

He left Joe Biden a lovely letter in the White House so all is forgiven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭con747

He got the sales of bleach at an all time high.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

He is an extraordinary man among extraordinary men.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Managed to get an unexpected few hundred thousand people off social security benefits............for some reason there are less old people drawing down pension benefits now than would have been predicted last January

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Didn't start any new wars (though still bombed the sh!t out of places) and had the economy in very good shape until Covid.

I'm not sure how much credit or criticism he deserves for anything that went on though, I always got the impression he was hopelessly out of his depth in every way and didn't really give a crap about any policies at all, or actually trying to achieve any kind of changes.

He was only ever concerned with looking good to his base, everything else was secondary to that, and was sacrificed for that. The Covid response was an example of that - everything he did and said was what he thought his base wanted to hear.

I genuinely wonder what he did all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

" What I don't get though is, say you were a big fan of his policies when he ran, he's been sh-te at implementing, useless at draining the swamp and so on. Basically shouldn't the people who were Trump supporters hate him the most because he was so useless at doing what he said he would."

Not easy to do when 90% of the establishment is against you ... just look at the massive election fraud ... the courts/fbi/cia/army/political establishment ... did nothing about it .. impossible to do anything when a system is that corrupt..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,989 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Saved some endangered species from his sons as they were too tied up with stuff in the US to be out murdering defenceless animals I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

We appreciate and thank Donald Trump for the four years he was President of the USA. some of his great achievements that effect ireland and worldwide are

1) ISIS melted away to nothing thanks to Donald Trump a great blessing particularly to those in the middle east

2) the amount of wars world wide decreased to its lowest levels in living memory particularly in the middle east.

4) hugh population displacement reduced dramatically under trumps term mainly due to the first three points

5) trump struck a peace agreement with Kim of north korea possible halting a nuclear war

6) He revived the usa economy in the first three years bring 5 million people off welfare and lowest unemployment levels in decades before covid 19 struck.

7) probably many improvements at the local usa level such as reforming obama care
    8) mocked a reporter's disability

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What North Korea peace agreement??

He didn't "revive" any economy. The economy continued on the positive track started under Obama. In fact Obama had better job creation and economic numbers than Trump.

Also what Obamacare reforms? Are those the ones he promised to deliver in just "2 weeks"?

That list reads like some Trump propaganda piece from Fox News or someplace like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What North Korea peace agreement??

He didn't "revive" any economy. The economy continued on the positive track started under Obama. In fact Obama had better job creation and economic numbers than Trump.

Also what Obamacare reforms? Are those the ones he premises to deliver in just "2 weeks"?

That list reads like some Trump propaganda piece from Fox News or someplace like that.
    OP does seem to get his news from some iffy sources alright

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115384595&postcount=241

Kim has recently declared that N.Korea will be investing more than ever into their nuclear program, so.. not really much of a win there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

osarusan wrote: »

I genuinely wonder what he did all day.

He Twitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Inept. That's it really. Just inept at the job. History will not be kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Many people are saying that he invented the greatest words, like covfefe and hamberders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

ollkiller wrote: »

For a man with no political background of any sort he didn't half change the face of politics forever. Not bad considering bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

ollkiller wrote: »

personally, i think you'll find in 2-4 years, trump has done more for america than obama and biden, and biden will.

what did JB do in 50 years, with 8 being VP, aside from the rise of ISIS?

Like, I'm sure but I'm an idiot, so do share, you seem to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

NK are still building missiles, but at least we got some nice coins commemorating the photo op.

Also living in London from 2015-18 I felt more insecure about terror attacks than I can remember, but then I wouldn't necessarily attribute any of that to Donald

I'm actually trying to find stuff to appreciate him for. What's the bipartisan verdict on Operation Warpspeed? Seemed things were pretty positive there for a bit until vaccine reserves hit a snag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

personally, i think you'll find in 2-4 years, trump has done more for america than obama and biden, and biden will.

what did JB do in 50 years, with 8 being VP, aside from the rise of ISIS?

Like, I'm sure but I'm an idiot, so do share, you seem to know.

Didn't he just beat Trump in an election and put him out office.

That would seem quite a lot for america, and the planet in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

To be fair, he has done a lot to normalise makeup for men.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 vurstflavor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Datacore

He transformed Twitter from a friendly, geeky, niche platform that was making no money into an absolute hell hole of hate that ended up front and centre of every political debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Newuser2

Built a beautiful wall

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Showed us that a huge amount of people need a hate figure in their lives in order to feel validated.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

During Obama’s last month in office in January 2017, the Black unemployment rate was 7.8 percent. When Trump took office, that number dropped to 6.6 percent by July 2017.

In 2018, 700,000 new jobs had been created for African Americans during the Trump administration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Ah Trump, what a vile mess of a human being. Not only is he a child trapped inside a man's body but his sociopathy and narcissism have until now gone unchecked and created a monster, a dangerous flailing monster only fit to wreak chaos. Trump is a symptom of America and Americana. He was the poster child of the far right purely because he said what they wanted to hear. Trump would tell practically anyone what they wanted to hear if he thought his sales pitch would work on them. Good riddance to his indecency and nastiness, but America, you still have a huge problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement