Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

biko wrote: »
    During Obama’s last month in office in January 2017, the Black unemployment rate was 7.8 percent. When Trump took office, that number dropped to 6.6 percent by July 2017.

In 2018, 700,000 new jobs had been created for African Americans during the Trump administration.

Yes there clearly wasn't a previous trend...

_114607207_optimised-us_afr-am_jobs_v1-nc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Trump made me appreciate that democracy can easily be undermined; that it can be weakened by corruption, monopoly, apathy, inequality, political violence, hucksterism, and racial injustice.

Trump made me appreciate that we have to fight for what we believe in, and that the price of freedom is indeed eternal vigilance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Highlighted how partisan main stream media are in the states. Same events were presented in totally different ways with diametrically opposed conclusions drawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Around the whitehouse...
    I liked Biden's walls more. He also added thousands of soldiers for his inauguration as "the most popular president in history".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

I liked Biden's walls more. He also added thousands of soldiers for his inauguration as "the most popular president in history".

You are correct ... Dont forget to add though that this was also because of Trumps actions

Just to edit that it was not Biden that brought in the troops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,841 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I appreciate Trump pointing out the gaping holes in the supposed checks and balances between the Presidency, Senate and House, in that I hope it now means with the Dems having control of all three they do what they can to patch those holes.

I appreciate him being so loathsome that he helped mobilise the Dems to properly get their people out to vote in levels they never had before, and particularly in more minority areas where attempts at voter suppression were fairly commonplace, and I hope the Dems now ensure voting rights across the board are expanded and enhanced to ensure everyone has the right to their legal vote.

And lastly, I appreciate him being so egotistical and narcissistic that he's drawn so much attention to his shady business practices in the past to the point where he's facing numerous legal investigations and tarnished the one thing he had that actually had any value; the name 'Trump'.

weisses wrote: »
    You are correct ... Dont forget to add though that this was also because of Trumps actions
    An exaggerated threat response to a non-existent threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Why must you twist the truth to suit your blatant lies?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Why must you twist the truth to suit your blatant lies?
    Yes, you're right - it is a lie that Biden is the most popular president in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Redkite200

Not easy to do when 90% of the establishment is against you ... just look at the massive election fraud ... the courts/fbi/cia/army/political establishment ... did nothing about it .. impossible to do anything when a system is that corrupt..

Someone please tell me this is a wind up. It is right?

I do worry for some people's mental wellbeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

An exaggerated threat response to a non-existent threat.

Sure ..... Nothing happened that triggered this response :rolleyes:

You also stated incorrectly that Biden that authorized the troops to be in DC .... no more fake news

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

7) probably many improvements at the local usa level such as reforming obama care

This reminds me of when I was in school and I would write "etc" at the end of a statement, when I had completely run out of ideas but wanted to heavily imply otherwise.

Yes, you're right - it is a lie that Biden is the most popular president in history.

What was that saying you lot loved in 2016? He won, get over it.

Like it or not, Biden got the most votes ever and won the electoral college.

More soldiers were present due to the Capitol riots and direct attack on the US Government because people were mad their boy lost.

Honestly, for a Mod I'd expect a much higher standard from you. It's fine you're a conservative, but stop lying so obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

We appreciate and thank Donald Trump for the four years he was President of the USA. some of his great achievements that effect ireland and worldwide are

1) ISIS melted away to nothing thanks to Donald Trump a great blessing particularly to those in the middle east

2) the amount of wars world wide decreased to its lowest levels in living memory particularly in the middle east.

3) Terorist attacks decreased noticeably in europe and world wide

4) hugh population displacement reduced dramatically under trumps term mainly due to the first three points

5) trump struck a peace agreement with Kim of north korea possible halting a nuclear war

6) He revived the usa economy in the first three years bring 5 million people off welfare and lowest unemployment levels in decades before covid 19 struck.

7) probably many improvements at the local usa level such as reforming obama care

LOL. Okay, moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

All you fascists are bound to lose

All you fascists are bound to lose
    LOL. Okay, moron.

Pro free speech fascists, am I right?

As a solid anti American I agree that Trump did have some good points, notably an aversion to war. He wasn't great on Iran, and I am not sure about that peace deal, but at least he didn't try and convert the rest of the Middle East into a parking lot. I don't know what Biden will do, but Hillary would have definitely been more belligerent.

Of course to the mouth breathers who think they live in the US, on both sides, the killings of millions of non Americans is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Good points:
    * Showed the world how hopelessly biased the majority of the media is
    * Showed the world how social media is following similar trends as the media
    * Heightened awareness around illegal immigration and drew a clear distinction between legal immigration and illegal immigration
    * Got the USA energy independent which resulted in lower energy prices for the rest of the world
    * Took an improving economy and made it roaring - this had a knock on effect for Ireland in the fact that we've had four record Corporation Tax intakes over the four years of his tenure (despite the media warning us that his America First policy would damage the Irish multi-national industry)
    * Worked towards implementing the Platinum Plan which went further than ever before to help the African-American community, and giving School Choice
    * Foreign policy of no new wars and withdrawing American military presence from around the world
    * Withdrawing funding from a clearly compromised WHO
    * Did not support the Paris Climate Accord which was like the WHO, hopelessly biased towards China and basically giving the CCP a free pass.
    * Favoured Nation policy has and will continue to reduce medicine prices for Americans

There are lots more that could be added here, but these come to mind first

Obviously the lad had bad points like all humans:
    * Less than satisfactory handling of Covid19, no better than the EU who had less warning time.
    * Poor first debate with Biden, he was too brash and treated the debate like a campaign rally. It's a different animal campaigning to an audience that contains your opponents and the undecideds.
    * Didn't move quick enough to defuse the Capitol hill protests
    * Gave the media too much ammunition with gaffes during Covid19 media updates.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    What was that saying you lot loved in 2016? He won, get over it.

Like it or not, Biden got the most votes ever and won the electoral college.

More soldiers were present due to the Capitol riots and direct attack on the US Government because people were mad their boy lost.

Honestly, for a Mod I'd expect a much higher standard from you. It's fine you're a conservative, but stop lying so obviously.

I'm not a mod of this forum. If you think I am out of order, report me to local mods.

On topic, I think most people, conservatives and others, accept Biden won.
    But even though a small unarmed fringe group invaded Capitol and were immediately subdued most Trump supporters found the invasion appalling.
    Maybe after months of BLM/Antifa riots the Trump supporters though this was the new normal? Or is it only ok when the left does it?

Pro free speech fascists, am I right?

As a solid anti American I agree that Trump did have some good points, notably an aversion to war. He wasn't great on Iran, and I am not sure about that peace deal, but at least he didn't try and convert the rest of the Middle East into a parking lot. I don't know what Biden will do, but Hillary would have definitely been more belligerent.

Of course to the mouth breathers who think they live in the US, on both sides, the killings of millions of non Americans is a good thing.

Trump literally dropped more bombs in like 2 years than Obama did in 8. It got so bad that Trump had them stop reporting the numbers.

The -only- reason Trump didn't start any wars is because calmer heads backed down and realised it wasn't worth it. He literally threatened N. Korea with an all out war, and Iran, unless they backed down.

He was a bully who used the US Military as a weapon to try and make himself look like a man. All US Presidents have been little more than well spoken war mongers, and Trump was just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

This reminds me of when I was in school and I would write "etc" at the end of a statement, when I had completely run out of ideas but wanted to heavily imply otherwise.

or when I sat EU law exams and had completely run out of caselaw..just stick down "The Commission V Italy"... Italy are always being sued so you were probably safe enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

On top of what has been said.

not mentioned here. He made human and child trafficking a priority for federal agencies rescuing many.

Won't get any credit for that here by the faithful on boards by the same posters who'll rage about the mother and baby homes. odd that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Trump made an awful lot of noise and as a teacher said to us in school several decades ago, "Empty vessels make most noise."

His achievements are pretty much non existent. The US is in a far worse state than it was 4 years ago but it will recover.

Let's put it this way even gaining a conservative majority in the Supreme Court is somehow hearlded as a great achievement by Trump..BS...it only happened by default because an 87 year old women in poor health died.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

paw patrol wrote: »
    On top of what has been said.

not mentioned here. He made human and child trafficking a priority for federal agencies rescuing many.

Won't get any credit for that here by the faithful on boards by the same posters who'll rage about the mother and baby homes. odd that.

are you counting the ones he separated from their parents and locked in cages?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I miss him. The world is kinda quiet without him. Not even a report from the golf course.
    He's not even part of the ex presidents club. It's like no one wants him anymore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,452 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

During Obama’s last month in office in January 2017, the Black unemployment rate was 7.8 percent. When Trump took office, that number dropped to 6.6 percent by July 2017.

In 2018, 700,000 new jobs had been created for African Americans during the Trump administration.

He left office with fewer jobs in the country than when he started.

Not to mention the numerous accusations of assault and abuse occurring in the facilities where the children are being kept.

Are you talking about Trump or Obama?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,452 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are you talking about Trump or Obama?

Obama did not have a child separation policy did he? You’re still going on about the cage and not what it was used for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

no i'm not.
    I think my post was quite clear on what i was talking about

but i expected such a response. warped by pettiness some can't actually acknowledge what he did.
    Penn wrote: »
    Not to mention the numerous accusations of assault and abuse occurring in the facilities where the children are being kept.

Who built the cages, joe or obama?

• Advertisement

No one will agree to that because none of it is true.
    The increased security was pretend because there was no serious threat of any attack during the inauguration.

Maybe a heart attack for Biden, he's really old y'know.

Like there was no threat of attack on Jan 6th?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement