Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

We appreciate and thank Donald Trump for the four years he was President of the USA. some of his great achievements that effect ireland and worldwide are

1) ISIS melted away to nothing thanks to Donald Trump a great blessing particularly to those in the middle east

2) the amount of wars world wide decreased to its lowest levels in living memory particularly in the middle east.

3) Terorist attacks decreased noticeably in europe and world wide

4) hugh population displacement reduced dramatically under trumps term mainly due to the first three points

5) trump struck a peace agreement with Kim of north korea possible halting a nuclear war

6) He revived the usa economy in the first three years bring 5 million people off welfare and lowest unemployment levels in decades before covid 19 struck.

7) probably many improvements at the local usa level such as reforming obama care

Yes given your posting history I can see how you might feel like that... now go back to the kinder garten.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,915 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Two impeachments. That's two more than Obama got.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 83,453 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

paw patrol wrote: »

Who built the cages, joe or obama?

Another deflection away from the child separation policy of Trump.

When the Obama administration built them it was in response to a crisis of a mass of unaccompanied minors crossing.

“ From October 1, 2013 to August 31st, 2014, the federal government apprehended approximately 66,000 unaccompanied children crossing illegally into the US.” https://www.vox.com/2014/10/10/18088638/child-migrant-crisis-unaccompanied-alien-children-rio-grande-valley-obama-immigration

When Trump used them it was to separate accompanied minors from their parents in a way that was so FUBAR that, to this very day, we still haven’t reunited them all.

Obsessing over “who built the cages” entirely misses the greater sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,459 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Overheal wrote: »
    Another deflection away from the child separation policy of Trump.

When the Obama administration built them it was in response to a crisis of a mass of unaccompanied minors crossing.

“ From October 1, 2013 to August 31st, 2014, the federal government apprehended approximately 66,000 unaccompanied children crossing illegally into the US.” https://www.vox.com/2014/10/10/18088638/child-migrant-crisis-unaccompanied-alien-children-rio-grande-valley-obama-immigration

When Trump used them it was to separate accompanied minors from their parents in a way that was so FUBAR that, to this very day, we still haven’t reunited them all.

Obsessing over “who built the cages” entirely misses the greater sin.
    they haven't reunited them all because they don't know who their parents are. they didn't bother to keep track of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I like how he got the white replacement theory aficionados to care about the black unemployment rate and the 1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act.

If he had a second term, the KKK and the Black Panthers would be singing Kumbaya around campfires in a few months.

• Advertisement

I like how he got the white replacement theory aficionados to care about the black unemployment rate and the 1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act.

If he had a second term, the KKK and the Black Panthers would be singing Kumbaya around campfires in a few months.

He did manage to unite the zionists and the anti semites alright

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

We appreciate and thank Donald Trump for the four years he was President of the USA. some of his great achievements that effect ireland and worldwide are

1) ISIS melted away to nothing thanks to Donald Trump a great blessing particularly to those in the middle east

2) the amount of wars world wide decreased to its lowest levels in living memory particularly in the middle east.

3) Terorist attacks decreased noticeably in europe and world wide

4) hugh population displacement reduced dramatically under trumps term mainly due to the first three points

5) trump struck a peace agreement with Kim of north korea possible halting a nuclear war

6) He revived the usa economy in the first three years bring 5 million people off welfare and lowest unemployment levels in decades before covid 19 struck.

7) probably many improvements at the local usa level such as reforming obama care

He also stopped funding to the WHO. Thank you Trump, great president. Also stayed true to himself, in face of the PC crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

biko wrote: »
    I'm not a mod of this forum. If you think I am out of order, report me to local mods.

On topic, I think most people, conservatives and others, accept Biden won.
    But even though a small unarmed fringe group invaded Capitol and were immediately subdued most Trump supporters found the invasion appalling.
    Maybe after months of BLM/Antifa riots the Trump supporters though this was the new normal? Or is it only ok when the left does it?

Small?, unarmed?. I saw plenty of lads carrying guns there. Immediately subdued?, it went on for hours, see below. Talk about fake news!!

The FBI has spent much of the weekend identifying and hunting down more than 300 suspects from the attack on the United States Capitol on January 6th. Whipped into a seditious frenzy at a rally behind the White House, thousands of pro-Trump demonstrators marched on the Capitol to stop the electoral vote count presided over by Vice President Mike Pence. Trump true-believers, Proud Boys and Boogaloo Bois joined costumed QAnon conspiracists. There were neo-Nazis and other white supremacists. Some were armed or wearing tactical gear or capes improvised from Trump flags. What was once the fringe had become a threat to American democracy.
    Steven Sund: They came with body armor, they came with helmets, they came with respirators. They came with baseball bats, they came with pipes. They came with bear spray. They came with their own explosives. They came with climbing gear. They came well-prepared and coordinated. This was no less than a coordinated, violent attack on the United States Capitol.
    whitakerscreengrabs02.jpg# Steven Sund On January 6th, Steven Sund was chief of the Capitol Police. He'd held the post a year and a half, but he'd spent almost 30 years in law enforcement in the nation's capital. He'd seen massive, sometimes violent protests before and from the intel he says he'd received, Sund was confident his plan for deploying his officers was robust enough to handle the pro-Trump demonstration. It was a tragic miscalculation. When insurgents filled the Capitol's grand halls with rage and rancor, Chief Sund was scrambling to mount a response from his command center two blocks away, watching the defilement of the "People's House" on security cameras.
    Bill Whitaker: You offered your resignation in the wake of this.
    Steven Sund: Yes sir.
    Bill Whitaker: Why?
    Steven Sund: I understand how things work. I'm the chief the visuals of what I watched were-- were alarming.
    Five people died as a result of the siege, including Capitol police officer Brian Sicknick. The next day, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she'd lost confidence in the chief.
    Speaker Nancy Pelosi day after Capitol assault: I am calling for the resignation of the Chief of the Capitol Police, Mr. Sund.
    His two superiors, the sergeants at arms of the House and the Senate, resigned as well.
    Steven Sund: She had gone onto national TV and basically made everybody feel that it was a failure on my part. If that's how the leadership feels, then I have no problem. Then I will step down to let this department move forward.
    Bill Whitaker: You said that you let your officers down.
    Steven Sund: No leader wants to see their officers go through what they went through. You know it's heartbreaking to see that.
    Three days before the siege, an internal report by Sund's own intelligence unit, obtained by the Washington Post and confirmed by 60 Minutes, warned the rally of angry Trump supporters, white supremacists and militia members January 6th could erupt in violence, their rage focused on Congress.
    Steven Sund: We were expecting-- some large crowds are gonna come down. Their grievance would be on the Capitol and the counting of the votes. We expected altercations between some of the counter protests. We may have some people within the group that may be armed. We had contingency planning for that. But nothing about an armed, violent attack on the United States Capitol Building.
    Bill Whitaker: But I'm sitting in New York, and I was aware that this was likely to be-- a day of violence.
    Steven Sund: We expected demonstrators with some pa-- potential for violence. Not a directed, coordinated violent attack toward the nation's Capitol. Make-- I consider those two different things.
    whitakerscreengrabs09.jpg# Trump supporters invade the Capitol on January 6 He told us he thought he had everything under control. But he was concerned enough to get additional helmets for his officers and widen the perimeters. He asked the sergeants at arms to activate the National Guard but they wouldn't approve a formal request... A decision he told us he came to regret before President Trump finished speaking to his throng of supporters.
    Steven Sund: We had-- a coupla pipe bombs. We had a vehicle with some explosives and a weapon in it.
    Bill Whitaker: How far away from the Capitol were these bombs?
    Steven Sund: Just a couple blocks. And I believe those were purposely done to draw resources away from our perimeter.
    Sund told us while some officers were diverted by the bombs, the seditious mob stormed the bike rack barricades on the west side of the Capitol.
    Bill Whitaker: Describe that scene for me when-- when the mob first got to the-- the perimeter.
    Steven Sund: They tore apart, immediately tore apart the bike rack, literally started throwing it at the officers' heads. Dozens of officers were-- were fighting-- with them, the officers were being hit with pipes-- bats, batons-- you name it.
    Bill Whitaker: It's almost like you're describing a military operation.
    Steven Sund: It was well-coordinated.
    Chief Sund made an urgent call for help to the D.C. Metro Police. About a hundred officers responded immediately.
    Bill Whitaker: Right there at the archway entrance to the Capitol there was a pitched battle.
    Steven Sund: There was a pitched battle that went on for hours. For hours - that you know, both - Capitol Police, Metropolitan Police defended that door with everything they got.
    With the mob battering the door, Sund called on the National Guard. He says it took him a half hour to make his way up the chain of command to the office of the secretary of the Army, which controls the D.C. National Guard.
    Steven Sund: I was pleading, absolutely pleading for National Guard assistance as quickly as possible with the-- with the secretary of Army's representative, telling him, "I need boots on the ground now." He kept saying, quote, "I don't like the optics of National Guard standing in line with the Capitol Building behind them.
    Bill Whitaker: And this is while the siege is underway?
    Steven Sund: This is while the siege is underway.
    Bill Whitaker: What's going through your head?
    Steven Sund: I'm begging, literally begging for support for my men and women, and that's what I'm hearing.

The Army told us there was no discussion of optics. But the chief of the D.C. Metro Police, who was also on the call, confirmed to us Sund's account. It took another three hours and 15 minutes to mobilize and deploy the National Guard. It was 8:00 p.m. when combined forces of police and National Guard cleared the Capitol, making it safe for lawmakers to return to the floor to certify the election of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the next president and vice president of the United States.
    Steven Sund: We had 60 law enforcement officers injured, 15 went to the hospital. Capitol Police lost two of their officers that week. They did not fail in their mission. They need someone to really stand up and-- and let the American people know, they didn't fail.
    Bill Whitaker: It's hard to understand how you can describe what we all saw as successful.
    Steven Sund: I know it didn't look pretty, but the number one goal is to protect the members of Congress. They protected the members of Congress, and they need to be recognized for that.
    Officer Eugene Goodman led the mob away from a corridor where Vice President Mike Pence had been hustled to safety by his security detail just moments before. Since the siege on the Capitol, federal and state law enforcement have made arrests every day. Because cell phones were so ubiquitous, authorities have a cache of digital evidence, about 140,000 pictures and videos so far. Many of the people who rampaged through the Capitol revealed themselves, posting their actions on social media. Now facing federal criminal charges: Kevin Seefried, the man with the Confederate flag. Adam Johnson, who walked off with Nancy Pelosi's lectern. The man with his boot on a desk in the speaker's office, Richard Barnett. This past week the acting U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia said expect more arrests and charges tied to sedition and conspiracy in the days ahead.
    Oren Segal: What we saw on January 6th in D.C., in some ways, may have been the most predictable terrorist incident in modern American history.
    whitakerscreengrabs04.jpg# Oren Segal Oren Segal runs the Center on Extremism for the Anti-Defamation League. He and a team of researchers scour the web, monitoring hate groups and sharing what they find with law enforcement. Segal told us he was raising the alarm to federal, state and local authorities for months before the siege on the Capitol. But he's been watching violent extremism grow for years, built on grievances and a sense of loss.
    Oren Segal: For white supremacists, they believe that their culture, their race is being taken away, that they're gonna go extinct. Immigrants are coming in, the browning of America. For militias, it's often that their guns are gonna be taken away. And conspiracy theories, like QAnon the government is trying to take away their freedom. So here we have all those factors coming together. And now they're telling you your election is being stolen, is it a surprise that people reacted the way that they did?
    Bill Whitaker: You called this-- a terrorist incident. Not a protest, not a riot. But a terrorist incident.
    Oren Segal: One of the lasting impressions of what we saw at the Capitol was not some white supremacists, some militias dressed up in their gear, but it was John Q. Citizen who got wrapped up in that.
    Bill Whitaker: Is that more frightening or less?
    Oren Segal: To me, the idea that people who are not necessarily card-carrying members of any extremist movement would get wrapped up in extremist activities is more frightening.
    Oren Segal says extremism has been growing in plain sight on social media like Facebook and Twitter. Now that those platforms are curtailing hate groups, extremists have retreated to distant corners of the internet.
    Oren Segal: These people are still out there. Their grievances are still real to them. They have a narrative that is wrapped up in a bow for the next four years. The belief in an illegitimate government that was stolen from its rightful leader, Donald Trump. And if they perceive it to be stolen, and they hear people who animate those thoughts and support it, then they're emboldened. And when you have extremists who are emboldened over a period of time, you end up with mass shootings in El Paso and Pittsburgh and Poway. You end up with people storming capitals in Michigan. And you end up with January 6th.
    whitakerscreengrabs06.jpg# Dana Nessel This past week the FBI sent warnings to local law enforcement across the country that extremists, conspiracists and hate groups plan armed protests in all 50 state capitals in the days before the inauguration and threaten violence if President Trump is removed from office. To Democrat Dana Nessel, Michigan's attorney general, it's like a recurring nightmare.
    Bill Whitaker: When you saw the siege on the Capitol unfold on the 6th, wh-- what-- what did you think?
    Dana Nessel: Of course, I was horrified but there was a part of me that wasn't actually surprised because I've seen the threats of domestic terrorism in our own state.
    When Governor Gretchen Whitmer, also a Democrat, shut down the state to fight the spread of the coronavirus, President Trump tweeted, "liberate Michigan" and militia members armed with assault weapons occupied the Capitol in Lansing. Several months later, 14 militiamen, at least five of whom had occupied the Capitol, were charged in connection with a plot to kidnap Governor Whitmer.
    Dana Nessel: A lotta these same individuals saw what happened in Lansing, Michigan last April and decided that they might be able to do the exact same thing in Washington, D.C. And it turns out they were right.
    Michigan is taking the FBI warning seriously. Attorney General Nessel urged state lawmakers to cancel their session this week. They did.
    Bill Whitaker: It's that serious?
    Dana Nessel: I have recommended to the legislators that I know that they go to-- you know, an Army store and purchase-- Kevlar vests, purchase helmets, perhaps gas masks. And these are the kinds of items now that our state legislators are having to purchase just to provide some sense of security to themselves-- so they can feel at least a little bit safer while they're in session.
    If Lansing, Michigan, and Washington D.C. have shown us anything it's that we're in a battle for the soul of America and it requires each of us to answer one basic question: who are we?
    Produced by Marc Lieberman, Pat Milton and Sam Hornblower. Edited by Craig Crawford.

© 2021 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Recent Segments

• Get the Newsletter

Get the best of 60 Minutes delivered to your inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,725 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Made it easy to spot boards users with mental issues!

Brought the majority of his boards user base crying away with him when he lost the election.

Obama did not have a child separation policy did he? You’re still going on about the cage and not what it was used for.

He separated a lot of children from their parents, and parents from their children, in Yemen. Permanently. Not just the drone attacks but the deliberate blockade of Yemen which started right at the end of his Presidency.

No of course that Trump was any better, but it's a tribute to American Supremacism that what matters is on their border, not in the far empire where people are just less valuable and starving children be damned.

Imagine we were at the height of the British Empire and all the British left was concerned with was some local issue while their empire blockaded some Middle Eastern country, starving it into submission. We wouldn't look back on them with anything but derision.

History will not look kindly on the US empire but won't make much of a distinction between whoever was in power, just as we don't make much of a distinction between who was in power at the height of the British Empire, we just blame the British Empire. Whomever was in power continued, by and large, the same policies.

• Advertisement

He separated a lot of children from their parents, and parents from their children, in Yemen. Permanently. Not just the drone attacks but the deliberate blockade of Yemen which started right at the end of his Presidency.

No of course that Trump was any better,

:rolleyes: great deflection I guess, but until or if Biden corrects the record on civilian drone strike deaths we frankly don’t yet know what exactly the death toll was in Trumps strikes which by all indication happened far more often under the past administration than the one prior to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,939 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This thread is called the Donald Trump appreciation thread yet strangely the vast majority of posters seem to be the same posters with TDS that spend most of their Boards.ie existence bashing Trump.

This thread is called the Donald Trump appreciation thread yet strangely the vast majority of posters seem to be the same posters with TDS that spend most of their Boards.ie existence bashing Trump.

Petition to have it renamed the Trump appreciation safe space?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

He left office with fewer jobs in the country than when he started.

You do understand that was to do with Covid or are you that blinkered by your hatred of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭uptherebels

What do u understand "appreciation" to mean?

I fully appreciate the skill and and 3d chess brain power it takes for a US president to be impeached twice in one term

You do understand that was to do with Covid or are you that blinkered by your hatred of him?

He left office with fewer jobs than when he started. It’s simply a matter of fact.

“Leadership: whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” - Donald John Trump

Petition to have it renamed the Trump appreciation safe space?

the Trump A.S.S.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Stood up to the BLM loons. Says it all that pretty much every police union in the entire country endorsed his campaign.

In this country our deputy PM refused to directly call out people who attacked passers by/ vehicles and laid siege to a supermarket in his own constituency.

He actually did a tremendously good job until Covid hit and would have easily won a second term otherwise. Which really does make you wonder about where Covid really came from.

I also like the way he treated people with absolute contempt who didn't deserve respect. People like Paul Murphy, Brid Smith, Hazel Chu, Ruth Coppinger, don't, I feel, deserve even the cloak of being talked to with accepted niceties. It's something out public figures should really think about when addressing these ignorant oxygen thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Redkite200

I only came in because I assumed it was an ironic thread.

Didn't actually believe there's Irish people with these views (not that everyone here is Irish) and I'm actually taken aback by the amount of pro-Trump-ist views and apologists.
    I have trouble accepting people look for positives in a man who repeatedly brought shame and embarrassment on his office, who got elected thanks to white nationalist allies and strategists(Bannon/Stone etc), who associated with convicted paedophiles (and no doubt there's more to that link than the public is aware of), who allowed racist and domestic terrorist groups to form and prosper for his own selfish dangerous interests, a misognistic incompetent orange make-up wearing failed businessman and con artist who campaigned on lies and conned the American masses (and Fox news fans) into believing he was a "patriot" fighting the good fight against the evil left who want to take away their guns and their freedom. A man who thinks it's acceptable to molest women and mock the disabled and try to dishonour veterans and those who fought for and served their country.

Shame on you if that's the sort of individual you are on here trying to defend and support. ****ing unbelievable.

Redkite200 wrote: »
    I only came in because I assumed it was an ironic thread.

Didn't actually believe there's Irish people with these views (not that everyone here is Irish) and I'm actually taken aback by the amount of pro-Trump-ist views and apologists.
    I have trouble accepting people look for positives in a man who repeatedly brought shame and embarrassment on his office, who got elected thanks to white nationalist allies and strategists(Bannon/Stone etc), who associated with convicted paedophiles (and no doubt there's more to that link than the public is aware of), who allowed racist and domestic terrorist groups to form and prosper for his own selfish dangerous interests, a misognistic incompetent orange make-up wearing failed businessman and con artist who campaigned on lied and conned the American masses into believing he was a "patriot" fighting the good fight against the evil left who want to take away their guns and their freedom. A man who thinks it's acceptable to molest women and mock the disabled and try to dishonour veterans and those who fought for and served their country.

Shame on you if that's the sort of individual you are on here trying to defend.

My nephew posted something very similar to the OP on FaceBook. They do exist. I blocked him.

• Advertisement

the Trump A.S.S.?

Perfect as it will be full of ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

biko wrote:
    Maybe a heart attack for Biden, he's really old y'know.

Not as old as that line mind you.

He's in much better shape than Trump is that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

My nephew posted something very similar to the OP on FaceBook. They do exist. I blocked him.

So stunning so brave!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Danno wrote: »
    Good points:
    * Showed the world how hopelessly biased the majority of the media is

Sowed distrust in the media to promote only media that were biased towards himself. He increased bias and has left news media in a terrible state. It's the work of investigative journalists to keep criminally inept politicians like him in check.
    * Showed the world how social media is following similar trends as the media

Had a tantrum when banned from social media after breaking their terms and conditions. Said it was an attack of free speech when it was in fact social media executing free speech. In effect he was attacking the right to free speech.
    * Heightened awareness around illegal immigration and drew a clear distinction between legal immigration and illegal immigration

Actually no he didn't.
    * Got the USA energy independent which resulted in lower energy prices for the rest of the world

And if he did this why is america still heavily reliant on energy imports to keep its economy running?
    * Took an improving economy and made it roaring - this had a knock on effect for Ireland in the fact that we've had four record Corporation Tax intakes over the four years of his tenure (despite the media warning us that his America First policy would damage the Irish multi-national industry)

Took a booming economy from Obama that Obama had took out of the gutter and managed to retard its growth. Gave corporations tax cuts to artificially inflate the stock market and set the global market up for another 2006 crash.
    * Worked towards implementing the Platinum Plan which went further than ever before to help the African-American community, and giving School Choice

Which is a bull**** proposal meant to try and win black voters just before the election and was never going to be acted on even if he won. Why not do this in 2016?
    * Foreign policy of no new wars and withdrawing American military presence from around the world

NK making nuclear weapons. Nearly starts a war with Iran. Iran back making nuclear weapons. Dropped more bombs in 4 years than Bush and Obama. Pulled peacekeeping troops out of war torn areas, most notably Syria where he betrayed allies and left them to be massacred by the Turks and Russians and left ISIS members to be freed from prison.
    * Withdrawing funding from a clearly compromised WHO

This is not a good thing. Effectively defunding an organisation that is there to detect and combat pandemics because it had detected a pandemic and Trump didn't want to hear about it. That worked out well in the end.
    * Did not support the Paris Climate Accord which was like the WHO, hopelessly biased towards China and basically giving the CCP a free pass.

Gave his lobbyist buddies carte blanche to ignore the environment to make as much money as possible.
    * Favoured Nation policy has and will continue to reduce medicine prices for Americans

Broke global ties and agreements and made America more insular and isolationist than ever.

So stunning so brave!

I never claimed it was brave but who needs idiots like that in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,939 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What do u understand "appreciation" to mean?

I fully appreciate the skill and and 3d chess brain power it takes for a US president to be impeached twice in one term

I'd imagine it to mean a thread that would outline the positive policies and actions that Trump took during his 4 years as President.

It wasn't all bad despite what you think.

Maybe have a read of this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Case-Trump-Victor-Davis-Hanson/dp/1541673549

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Music Modernization Act

Soul legend Sam Moore of Sam & Dave noted that the legislation has been a long time coming. “With Mr. Bush we couldn’t get it done. When Mr. Obama was in we couldn’t get it done. But we got it done with this man,” the “Soul Man” singer said in brief remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Obama did not have a child separation policy did he? You’re still going on about the cage and not what it was used for.
    Neither did Trump

The zero tolerance policy Trump had meant that anyone caught crossing the border illegally was to be criminally prosecuted.
    The policy meant adults were taken to court for criminal proceedings and their children were separated.

There were no policy of separation, this was fallout from always criminally charging anyone crossing the border illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

biko wrote: »
    I'm not a mod of this forum. If you think I am out of order, report me to local mods.

On topic, I think most people, conservatives and others, accept Biden won.
    But even though a small unarmed fringe group invaded Capitol and were immediately subdued most Trump supporters found the invasion appalling.
    Maybe after months of BLM/Antifa riots the Trump supporters though this was the new normal? Or is it only ok when the left does it?

Maybe after CENTURIES of systemic racism and abuse of black and people of colour brought back out into the mainstream by Trump and his supporters, the BLM/Antifa (:rolleyes:) people had had enough and took to the streets to protest. As is their right. And yes there were some riots - a small number relative to the numbers. In comparison to the INTENTION to riot by the Trump supporters on 6 Jan, backed, supported and encouraged by their glorious leader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Two impeachments. That's two more than Obama got.
    Clinton only managed one, what a loser.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement