Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N26 standing order transfer time

• 21-01-2021 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Just created an N26 account and trying to get it sorted

Had a SO and it did processed tonight at midnight Wed/Thur

It left my BOI every Thurs as l set it up, but l am wondering tonight when will it arrive in the Irish bank before EOB Thurs.

.. or do l need to allow extra time from Germany.

Maybe it's okay l did a SEPA transfer last week but l think it was more than a day l would need to check.

I have just sent a N26 transfer to my BOL account it should be similar, it hasn't arrived yet but might take time across banks, and will be a good indicator

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

fearrchair wrote: »
    Just created an N26 account and trying to get it sorted

Had a SO and it did processed tonight at midnight Wed/Thur

It left my BOI every Thurs as l set it up, but l am wondering tonight when will it arrive in the Irish bank before EOB Thurs.

.. or do l need to allow extra time from Germany.

Maybe it's okay l did a SEPA transfer last week but l think it was more than a day l would need to check.

I have just sent a N26 transfer to my BOL account it should be similar, it hasn't arrived yet but might take time across banks, and will be a good indicator
    Standing orders are now done as SEPA payments.

N26 have SEPA Instant enabled, with other compliant organisations it'll generally go through within a few hours or even a few minutes, e.g. if you are transferring to/from Revolut or Binance etc.

The extra time is more related to BOI than anything to do with N26 being authorised in Germany.

My experience with BOI is that when it'll arrive is a mystery. Normally as I understand it they only do 1 payment run a day. So in theory the instruction is sent to clearing at approx 1630, so it may arrive today but it could also be tomorrow. Sorry that this isn't entirely helpful, but BoI is the issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

Thanks for that, I did one back from N26 to BOI and it did transfer quickly.
    As least by doing that I had an idea of the time involved ...

Was looking at Electric Ireland last night as they have a DD with me and thought at first on their website I could update the DD online but its only open to edit to Irish Banks in ROI, not sure will I transfer from them for a better rate but I have to print and freepost a form off to change DD there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

fearrchair wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I did one back from N26 to BOI and it did transfer quickly.
    As least by doing that I had an idea of the time involved ...

Was looking at Electric Ireland last night as they have a DD with me and thought at first on their website I could update the DD online but its only open to edit to Irish Banks in ROI, not sure will I transfer from them for a better rate but I have to print and freepost a form off to change DD there.
    Though they say you need to post it, companies will generally accept it being emailed to them. Virgin Media definitely do anyway.

Advertisement