If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 inch OLED tv questions

Options
  • 21-01-2021 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a new higher end 48inch television for the living room, currently considering either the LG OLED48CX5LC or the SONY KD48A9BU. My uses would be general tv watching for both kids and adults, movies on Sky Q or blue ray, plus some xbox gaming. I can't really go bigger than 48 inches because of the layout of the room.

Would you recommend one of the above for my uses? Are there any other televisions in the same price range and size that you'd recommend I look into, or are those the only two in the category?

I am also considering purchasing a soundbar such as the Sonos Arc at a later date. I worry that it looks like both of those tvs would have part of their picture obscured if I put a soundbar on the same stand. Is that correct? 

Thanks for your help.

Brian

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a new higher end 48inch television for the living room, currently considering either the LG OLED48CX5LC or the SONY KD48A9BU. My uses would be general tv watching for both kids and adults, movies on Sky Q or blue ray, plus some xbox gaming. I can't really go bigger than 48 inches because of the layout of the room.

Would you recommend one of the above for my uses? Are there any other televisions in the same price range and size that you'd recommend I look into, or are those the only two in the category?

I am also considering purchasing a soundbar such as the Sonos Arc at a later date. I worry that it looks like both of those tvs would have part of their picture obscured if I put a soundbar on the same stand. Is that correct? 

Thanks for your help.

Brian
    Hi Brian.

Thanks for the post.

The OLED televisions are really hard to beat!

Both the LG and the Sony are fantastic. The Sony does pip the LG on picture quality but you would be more than happy with either of these TV's.

The LG 48CX is currently priced at 1549 Euro delivered
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204872-lg-oled48cx5lc-48-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

The Sony 48A9 priced at 1689 Euro delivered
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204908-sony-kd48a9bu-48-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-youview.aspx

The Sonos ARC would sit a little bit above the bottom of the screen but this shouldn't be too much of an issue if you don't push the ARC up tight to the base of the TV and leave it set forward a little.

I have a Sonos Beam in front of my OLED and it does not block the bottom of the TV.

The beam sits 68.5mm high and the ARC 87mm high.

Best thing to do would be once you have the new TV you could measure out the ARC onto paper or something and make a rough templet to se how it would look set in front of the TV.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Thanks for that, I think I'm leaning towards the LG. I suppose if the soundbar was to block a part of the screen I could always stick a couple of phone books under the telly.

Will probably stick the order in in the next day or two.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for that, I think I'm leaning towards the LG. I suppose if the soundbar was to block a part of the screen I could always stick a couple of phone books under the telly.

Will probably stick the order in in the next day or two.
    Hey Brian CivilEng.

No problem at all.

Let me know when you order and I'll make sure it is dealt with ASAP for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I just put the order through there now. Thanks for your help.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

I just put the order through there now. Thanks for your help.
    Thanks so much for the order Brian CivilEng!

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to drop us a post!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.