Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2001 Jaguar S type insurance

Options
  • 21-01-2021 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I bought a 2001 Jaguar S type recently and I'm having problems insuring it.My Insurance Co wont let me use my no claims bonus so it must be a new policy, as if I were starting from scratch.Some Company's wont even Quote me because I haven't got a no claims cert .How am I supposed to get a no claims on this car when they wont let me carry over my existing no claims record
    When is our Government going to stop this Mafia cartel.

Has anybody else had this problem?.
    Henry Smith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You may get a classic policy maybe.

The year isn't helping you either and they don't like insuring more then one car.

Your no claims will only be for one policy but some may take it into account but don't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I bought a 2001 Jaguar S type recently and I'm having problems insuring it.My Insurance Co wont let me use my no claims bonus so it must be a new policy, as if I were starting from scratch.Some Company's wont even Quote me because I haven't got a no claims cert .How am I supposed to get a no claims on this car when they wont let me carry over my existing no claims record
    When is our Government going to stop this Mafia cartel.

Has anybody else had this problem?.
    Henry Smith.

Have you another car insured? If you do then you are already using your NCD and if you want to use it on the 2nd car then you will have to pay more for your current car. Ring all the brokers you can find and see if any will mirror your NCD on the 2nd car.

Advertisement