Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphabet Sheep - World Cities - REVEAL!

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

They are Kathleen Grants keys that she left in a bowl. The key number relates to the question number. I randed all of us to see what 26 would get the keys and whatever score she got on whatever letter is added to the pair score.

Ooooo, that's interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Superb game EN, thanks for running. Congrats to wrestlemaniac and unlucky Aris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Congrats to wrestlemaniac!
    Thanks for running EN. My favourite part was not remembering my answers before the reveal and thinking what city did I put down for this, and thinking of the sheep that didnt occur to me first time round :)
    Still in shock nobody else answered Melbourne!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Necro wrote: »
    500a939fdbc29dd07561c10f4f9677b1531f356b.gif

Next stop - Barney

tenor.gif?itemid=10112994

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Congrats to our deserving winner. Very close at the end.

Thanks to EN for running it and for a reveal well done.

You got close Necro but just couldn't manage it. I shall hold this over you for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭davetherave

Just catching up with the last few letters. Great reveal by our lovely host and congrats to wrestlemaniac. Had a bumpy middle third but got onto the podium at the last step.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭davetherave

Necro wrote: »
    I might do another one next week. Just need to come up with a topic first.

To the WAR ROOM!

wvg8IDq.gif

Maybe not another town/City one straight away but while I was coming up with my answers for this and reading through the reveal I had thought about an Ireland and UK towns/cities Heeps. Do you do the all nothing strategy of Cork/Cardiff, or the safe Coventry /Carlow. Everyone is going to pick London so Liverpool is a safe bet, but what if everyone else has that same idea.

I do like a good Heeps, until the thinking and overthinking and second guessing takes over :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I keeled over before the very end last night, I'm afraid - I didn't even have the jeopardy of being in the running for the wooden spoon to keep me awake by then!

What a brilliant finish (for some more than others, but hey, as your Mammy hopefully told you many years ago, someone has to win) - another to-the-wire one - how do ye engineer them??!!

Congrats to the podiumers, and the ding-dong winner/runner-up.

Great game, thanks EN!

Look forward to the next one, one of these fine days I'll get my head around how most of the brains on here work.

Or stick to PEEHS, or HEEPS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Is HEEPS or PEEHS the opposite of Sheep, you go for low answers? Like Pointless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Omackeral wrote: »
    Is HEEPS or PEEHS the opposite of Sheep, you go for low answers? Like Pointless?
    HEEPS you go for the aces, like Pointless.

PEEHS you go for the second-most-popular answer. V tricky!

• Advertisement

Very good. I assume there are wrong answer in HEEPS? Because there’s not in the SHEEP games I’ve played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Exactly - PEEHS is the opposite of SHEEP (geddit? :p), so like Pointless. The only thing is people avoid the obvious answers, so sometimes they score well, it's a headf-ck

HEEPS is SHEEP except the top answer scores zero :eek:

Edit: HH beat me :p

Very good. I assume there are wrong answer in HEEPS? Because there’s not in the SHEEP games I’ve played.
    Yep, a wrong answer scores 1.5x the top answer

Brilliant! Thanks. They sound interesting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Omackeral wrote:

No wrong answers in SHEEP or HEEPS

There are wrong answers in PEEHS though that give you a score of 1.5 times the sheep.

So for an eg if the sheep was 4, an incorrect answer would give you 6

Brilliant! Thanks. They sound interesting.
    Reb's Music Acts Picture Peehs is still open I believe, if you like band photos. Don't worry about it being part 3, it's standalone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Thanks Electric Nitwit, 'grats to wrestlemaniac. Disappointing to finish fourth. Underestimating the popularity of Utrecht was the killer for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Congrats Wrestlemaniac

Thanks for running EN

Delighted with top 10 after starting off the game with Athens and Brussels :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damascus - MicksJaguar

I can't wait for Covid to be gone so we can all Demaskus

Advertisement