Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest payment AIB

• 21-01-2021 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm just looking back through statements and don't see any interest payment made to me over the last 11 months. Does anyone know when interest is usually paid with AIB? Not that its that much anyway :pac:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭wench

Looks like start of April on my regular savings accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If it's a current account, interest rates are 0%

Business accounts are now being charged interest for large deposits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

It depends on the account type you are talking about - current account, savings account, deposit account etc? Of these, what specific product is it?

List of AIB Current Accounts

List of AIB Savings & Deposit Accounts

Please note that the above links only show the accounts they currently offer. If you opened the account a long time back, you may have one that is not displayed.

As an example of what I am talking about, if you look at the savings and deposit accounts and click on the Online Saver and then expand the "Features & Benefits", you can see that accrued interest is paid in April. However, if you click on the Personal Demand Deposit and expand the "Features & Benefits", you will see that, for that product, accrued interest is paid in April and October.

Ultimately, the documentation you got when opening the account will explain it all.

Advertisement