Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting weak Google wifi mesh signal

Options
  • 21-01-2021 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Trying to get much stronger mesh connection. Have about 10 google wifi mesh nodes all around a very large 2 stroey house. When I ran the mesh test from the google wifi app on my iphone, about 5 of the nodes placed mainly in the bedrooms have a weak signal.

The walls in this house are very very thick and I'm sure this doesn't help. I have been moving them around the room but it doesn't make any difference and in many cases it makes other nodes which had a medium or strong connection show a weak connection which is head wrecking.

Any ideas on how I can improve this or better placement suggestions of the nodes?

I was reading on youtube about something called MOCA 2.5 by Actiontec (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZDFRDCX-w0)
    Actiontec MoCA 2.5 Network Adapter for Ethernet Over Coax. BETTER GAMING, BETTER STREAMING. Anyone know much about this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Try placing the Mesh nodes closer to the base, their aim is to extend your Wifi reach, so having them at the far end of their range is not maximising throughput, better to have them in a more intermediate position.

Advertisement