Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 610

Options
  • 21-01-2021 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi,
    Apologies if some of these questions are silly etc. I have, what I believe is an old HKC 610 panel. As much as I think I have is the PIN code to turn on and off the alarm, no fobs etc. No other information beyond that.

1) The battery needs to be replaced. Given the current lockdown, is there anywhere where I can buy a new "Yuasa NP7-12 (12v-&Ah)? I am in Cork for the record.
    2) Is there any easy way to check what zones are set-up on the system/what the partial turning on at night might include or exclude?
    3) There is, I think, still 48v coming in on the phone line but we have FTTH. I assume that means that at some future point the phone line will go dead and we will be looking at a continuous beep beep beep or the alarm going off? Are there any options on what can be done on this? Searching through posts here people seem to have, a few years ago, been discussing a HKC GSM-P? Is this now obsolete etc?

As a general question, if that is okay to ask, what options do I have in terms of having this panel? Am I looking at having to replace the entire panel or would there be any recommendations in general in terms of an ideally what next scenario?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

AES Kinsale Road will sort you for that battery.

They are between Harvey Norman and the Magic Roundabout next door to Phelans Pharmacy.

As regards your 6/10, ok you have a very good but old panel there. I take it that the communicator is connected to the panel by means of a serial lead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

kub wrote: »
    AES Kinsale Road will sort you for that battery.

They are between Harvey Norman and the Magic Roundabout next door to Phelans Pharmacy.

As regards your 6/10, ok you have a very good but old panel there. I take it that the communicator is connected to the panel by means of a serial lead ?

Thanks Kub. Used be Burgolarm I think - know the row of businesses you're talking about anyway.

I assume it is wired as you describe. I have taken pictures of the panel, but not obvious what termination connections I should be checking?

legend99 wrote: »
    Thanks Kub. Used be Burgolarm I think - know the row of businesses you're talking about anyway.

I assume it is wired as you describe. I have taken pictures of the panel, but not obvious what termination connections I should be checking?

Burgolarms door is to the left, the AES door is on the right, they have the same owners.

If memory serves me correctly the serial port on the 6/12 is mid way on the front of the PCB and the communicator is behind the Panel PCB.

Burgolarms door is to the left, the AES door is on the right, they have the same owners.

If memory serves me correctly the serial port on the 6/12 is mid way on the front of the PCB and the communicator is behind the Panel PCB.

This is best pic I took of the panel

legend99 wrote: »
    This is best pic I took of the panel

A picture tells a thousand words as they say, you were bang on with your description.

Ok so everything there is obsolete unfortunately, as the equipment is of such decent quality it may go on serving you quite well for some time yet.
    The HKC GSM units are also obsolete they are going forward with their existing GSM/ Wifi unit that works with their App.
    https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-IE/products/communicators/gsm-wifi---gsm---securecomm-wworld-sim--wifi/

You basically have 2 options that will keep the system within approved standards.

1. Upgrade the existing control panel with the HKC 10/270 and perhaps a HKC GSM/ Wifi ( this is a subscription service ).
    https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-IE/products/control-panels--packs/sw-10270---securewave-10270/

2. Install their latest external GSM/ Wifi which is backward compatible with their older panels, again this is also a subscription service.
    https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-IE/products/communicators/gsm-wifiu---universal-gsm--wifi-communicator-/

• Advertisement

A picture tells a thousand words as they say, you were bang on with your description.

Ok so everything there is obsolete unfortunately, as the equipment is of such decent quality it may go on serving you quite well for some time yet.
    The HKC GSM units are also obsolete they are going forward with their existing GSM/ Wifi unit that works with their App.
    https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-IE/products/communicators/gsm-wifi---gsm---securecomm-wworld-sim--wifi/

You basically have 2 options that will keep the system within approved standards.

1. Upgrade the existing control panel with the HKC 10/270 and perhaps a HKC GSM/ Wifi ( this is a subscription service ).
    https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-IE/products/control-panels--packs/sw-10270---securewave-10270/

2. Install their latest external GSM/ Wifi which is backward compatible with their older panels, again this is also a subscription service.
    https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-IE/products/communicators/gsm-wifiu---universal-gsm--wifi-communicator-/

Thanks Kub. Basically I assume I'm looking at the need to get an installer or can I, ignoring the certification, install say option 2 myself? I'm assuming I can't as I wouldn't be able to set up an account - is that function reserved for installers?

In terms of the 610, is it possible to check on the panel say what zones are what, what comes on, if anything, for partial set etc?

Thanks again

Advertisement