Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close your branches and save more money

Options
  • 21-01-2021 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I went into a BOI branch as a not customer to make a quick cash lodgement into a BOI account. I didn't expect too much knowing the current situation and BOI operating a no-frills, customer comes 2nd policy.
    For this reason I went straight to the ATM's and spent some time figuring out to make lodgement on the machine.(I remember I WAS able to use PTSB ATM's without a need for any cards, etc.) No joy. Then off to the counter, no joy either as I couldn't find any dockets to fill in.
    Before I left I had asked for why's: ATM's lodgement's by BOI or AIB cards only, nothing possible at counter.
    Too many signs up these days but no essential info on the above, nor on the ATM's, neither where the dockets are stored. They should be clear and visible, why an earth do you expect a customer dig deep in your T&CS just to make a simple lodgement?
    Bitter experience really, I thought there was a bank behind that door.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We're sorry to hear that you fell this way. 

In order to make a 3rd party lodgement at an LATM you would need to do so using your BOI or AIB card and pin number. A card is needed to identify the source of the lodgement.

To make a lodgement over the counter to a BOI account this would need to be done by the account holder themselves as they'd need to provide photo ID for verification and security reasons.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here and we'll be sure to pass it along to the relevant department.

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

So is there no way of me making a cash lodgement to a Bank of Ireland account if I only have say an Ulster Bank account.
    I know can do online transfer but still seems strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

cruizer101 wrote: »
    So is there no way of me making a cash lodgement to a Bank of Ireland account if I only have say an Ulster Bank account.
    I know can do online transfer but still seems strange.
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

In order to make a lodgement to a BOI account you'd need to use the card and pin for this account at an LATM. 

You wouldn't be able to make a lodgement to a BOI account if you only hold an account with Ulster Bank. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement