Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfairly banned

Options
  • 21-01-2021 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have been banned by moderator Clareman from the Limerick forum due to comments made on the COVID in Limerick forum, link below

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058143063/40

The moderator is claiming that I was 'questioning his actions' and also that I was 'bringing up a banned topic'

Via private message, I pointed out to the moderator that I was making a tongue in cheek comment in the first instance and pointing out one opinion and 2 facts in the second instance

It is with the above in mind that I open this thread to seek to appeal the 2 week ban

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you exhausted your discussion with the mod appealing the ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you exhausted your discussion with the mod appealing the ban?

The mods exact words after 3 direct messages

My reading of your posts are that you are questioning mod actions on thread and attempting to bring up a banned topic so I don't see a reason overturn the ban as this thread is on a zero tolerance setting with a 2 week ban minimum

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thank you

I will alert the CMod

Beasty wrote: »
    Thank you

I will alert the CMod

Thank you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi,
    I'll look into this and get back to you, hopefully back by tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Back already. Please refer to post #1 on the thread
    I think this is quite clear, and since you are not a brand new user I would expect that you have read that warning.
    I can see that you did discuss moderation on thread, which is never allowed.
    While I would normally contend that 2 weeks is harsh for this offence, given the warning above and the huge issues in previous covid threads in Limerick, I understand that the mods need to be strict. They've laid out the punishment for breaches so they will follow through.
    I agree and uphold the ban.

I will not be taking any further appeal, you can mark this resolved and archive it if you wish

Thank you

Marking resolved

Advertisement