Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aeropress stainless Steel filter

• 22-01-2021 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi does anyone here use the stainless steel filter for their aeropress? I'm nearly out of the paper filters and saw the steel ones online. Are they as good as the paper ones? Does the coffee taste the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭breeno

Moghead wrote: »
    Hi does anyone here use the stainless steel filter for their aeropress? I'm nearly out of the paper filters and saw the steel ones online. Are they as good as the paper ones? Does the coffee taste the same?

I've had a few and personally found the coffee to be at least the same and even better with the metal filter. Unfortunately I've thrown a few of them in the bin by mistake when emptying the grounds and forgetting the filter was metal and not paper so watch out for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Yeah, I use it exclusively. They let more of the oils through than the paper ones, so the cup has a fuller mouthfeel.

I've also thrown a couple out with the grounds, so I now keep a spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Yes all the time, I find the paper filter makes my coffee too smooth where the metal filter lets a bit of bite into the coffee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

That's great everyone thanks, think I'll take the plunge (pardon the pun). Does anyone have any recommendations. I was eyeing up the one in the link below.

https://www.cremashop.eu/en/products/joefrex/aeropress-permanent-filter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

yeah looks good

order 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Moghead wrote: »
    That's great everyone thanks, think I'll take the plunge (pardon the pun). Does anyone have any recommendations. I was eyeing up the one in the link below.

https://www.cremashop.eu/en/products/joefrex/aeropress-permanent-filter

**** that they’re a lot cheaper on eBay and as previous posters have said you will bin at least one at some point.

I’ve definitely binned one. That said I’ve used the same one now for over a year. Far prefer it to paper. Nicer fuller cup imo.

As it happens I bought two more from eBay the other day when I nearly binned this one.

Back ups always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

**** that they’re a lot cheaper on eBay and as previous posters have said you will bin at least one at some point.

I’ve definitely binned one. That said I’ve used the same one now for over a year. Far prefer it to paper. Nicer fuller cup imo.

As it happens I bought two more from eBay the other day when I nearly binned this one.

Back ups always good.

Thanks I'll shop around for a better price.

Advertisement