Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Allinall wrote: »
    Eh... No she doesn't.

Is this a pantomime?

She constantly raises issues of racism.

Why was she opening her mouth about George Nkencho when that incident happened outside her jurisdiction then for example?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

nullzero wrote: »
    Is this a pantomime?

Why was she opening her mouth about George Nkencho when that incident happened outside her jurisdiction then for example?

And why is she on every single media platform today claiming that she was the victim of racism and harrassment she was was the victim of neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Eh... No she doesn't.

Erh I think you'll find she regularly does.

This is her No. 1 (somewhat out of date) Pinned Tweet ...

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1324084696800763907?s=20

Looks like she's basing her career story on 'racism' staring Hazel Chu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I edged towards the door and when I got there one shouted: 'Hazel Chu, you're going to turn into a shapeshifting dragon someday and we're going to catch it on camera'. It was bizarre.

Sounds more like conspiracy theorists than Nazis.

Except for the conspiracy theory the Jew controls the world literally referred to as "The Jewish Conspiracy".

Trump, O'Doherty, Water, Iona etc. are proof positive that we haven't evolved and are still susceptible to spin and lies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Eh... No she doesn't.

aw ya she does ,

• Advertisement

Why are you asking me these questions?

they have nothing to do with my post.

Sorry, didn't mean to get into a discussion with you on a discussion board.

You don't have to answer. I just was asking your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

nullzero wrote: »
    Is this a pantomime?

Racism is central to her platform. Herself and Dr Joseph, two successful non caucasian women in Ireland, constantly telling anyone who will listen what an irredeemably racist country this is.

RandRuns wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, can you name something she has ever done to serve the country?

Anyone? Anything at all?

Anyone? Anything at all?

There was Christmas dinner for the homeless at the Mansion House this year as the RDS couldn’t do it. The Lord Mayor and her deputy were there on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Anyone? Anything at all?

The Mayor is generally a pat on the head or political nicety. We've many Mayor's you never heard of.
    Anyone using her race is wrong. There's no debate IMO.

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »

She's the ignition point and then she blames poor old Mr Oxygen for doing what comes naturally..... she's constantly igniting the flames by looking for racism issues whilst claiming to be a champion for minorities. unlike said flames, she's not very bright at all...which might explain why she never practiced Law despite going through university to do so!! she wouldnt have the metal for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

gozunda wrote: »

That was directly after Barret's wife had a go at her I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Is the bizarre 'shapeshifting dragon' comment the basis for her accusations of racism?

IT headline makes mention of racial abuse, but nothing to substantiate it in the copy.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/woman-arrested-after-dublin-lord-mayor-harassed-and-racially-abused-1.4465362

"Trained as a barrister" but would love to be a celebrity!

Hazel was born in Ireland grew up and educated in Ireland. She has more in common culturally with Irish people than mainland China.

So when you say she represents the "Asian community" what do you mean. Do you mean Hong Kong migrants(under British control when her parents left) do you mean China, do you mean the entire Asian subcontinent and all people from all countries stretching from Turkey all the way to Japan?

Who is it you want her to speak on behalf of?

I gather you don't agree with people saying they belong to or refer to the black community either?

rusty cole wrote: »
    "Trained as a barrister" but would love to be a celebrity!

I wasn't aware she'd trained as a barrister, so looked her up there. There's a very telling line from her Wikipedia bio (presumably written by herself);

although ultimately, due to having to repay the loan for her King's Inns fees, she went straight back to work in the not-for-profit sector, and did not practice as a barrister

It says a lot about the Irish "Not for Profit" sector, and the people who work in it. Not for profit indeed.

I wasn't aware she'd trained as a barrister, so looked her up there. There's a very telling line from her Wikipedia bio (presumably written by herself);

although ultimately, due to having to repay the loan for her King's Inns fees, she went straight back to work in the not-for-profit sector, and did not practice as a barrister

It says a lot about the Irish "Not for Profit" sector, and the people who work in it. Not for profit indeed.

as per the above underlined, I'm surprised she didn't call racism on her having to pay back the Fees!!!

I gather you don't agree with people saying they belong to or refer to the black community either?

It's funny how, when somebody of Irish descent comes to prominence abroad, there is no question but that we note it, and expect them to refer to it and celebrate it (see the hoopla about Biden's supposed Irish roots this week) yet when somebody of foreign descent comes to prominence here, it's supposedly racist to mention it.

rusty cole wrote: »
    as per the above underlined, I'm surprised she didn't call racism on her having to pay back the Fees!!!

When I googled her name, the first 5 results are all about racism. Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

People can say what they want about themselves it doesnt make a difference to me. But when you or the poster I quoted get upset that someone doesn't speak out against x community as member of X community then it is up to you to explain what you mean by x community and why a certain person should act as the voice of x community.

Is was that posters claim that she should speak on behalf of x community so I'm wondering what they mean by x community and why they believe Hazel should be the authoritave voice on behalf of what is such a large and diverse group as the "Asian community"

Maybe you want to answer dunne, what do you mean when you refer to Asian community?
    Do you think Hazel is the authoritave voice on behalf of that community?

• Advertisement

When I googled her name, the first 5 results are all about racism. Says it all really.

All it really says is you don't understand how google returns search results.

I don't even need to perform that search to know that most of the results are most likely to different Irish media sources carrying the very story this thread is about.

I am also sure wiki and twitter will appear as prominent results so doubt the very first 5 are all about racism.
    Screenshot there and prove me wrong?

So What would that mean then, most likely that you are trying to drive a narrative about Hazel crying wolf about racism.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I think you'll find that yes, these anti-maskers are far right nutters, Gen Bilroy, Demma o Gogherty, Wee Dall, Craham C Jarey - All your usual jokeshop clowns.

And doesn't The Lord Mayor live in the mansion house?

How can you say that's not her home? FFS

Because with everything, people (concerned citizens usually) have to find any reason to downplay it as if there is nothing to see here.

She lives there with her family, therefore it is her home. End of.

People can say what they want about themselves it doesnt make a difference to me. But when you or the poster I quoted get upset that someone doesn't speak out against x community as member of X community then it is up to you to explain what you mean by x community and why a certain person should act as the voice of x community.

Is was that posters claim that she should speak on behalf of x community so I'm wondering what they mean by x community and why they believe Hazel should be the authoritave voice on behalf of what is such a large and diverse group as the "Asian community"

Maybe you want to answer dunne, what do you mean when you refer to Asian community?
    Do you think Hazel is the authoritave voice on behalf of that community?

Sure, I'll answer.

I don't usually refer to the Asian Community as I don't agree with lumping all people together based on their ethnicity. Same way it pisses me off when people talk about the black community or the gay community like it's a hive mind.

People seem to get bend out of shape when someone from outside the "community" speaks about it (unless it is 100% positive)

If hazel Chu spoke about the Asian community, it would be fine in most peoples eyes. That pisses me off too. Same when panti bliss can speak for the gay community or BLM speak for the black community.

I find it all to be somewhat hypocritical.

And as for whether Hazel Chu is an authoritative voice on behalf of the Asian community? No I wouldn't think so. She is a horrible race baiting woman.

Sure, I'll answer.

I don't usually refer to the Asian Community as I don't agree with lumping all people together based on their ethnicity. Same way it pisses me off when people talk about the black community or the gay community like it's a hive mind.

People seem to get bend out of shape when someone from outside the "community" speaks about it (unless it is 100% positive)

If hazel Chu spoke about the Asian community, it would be fine in most peoples eyes. That pisses me off too. Same when panti bliss can speak for the gay community or BLM speak for the black community.

I find it all to be somewhat hypocritical.

And as for whether Hazel Chu is an authoritative voice on behalf of the Asian community? No I wouldn't think so. She is a horrible race baiting woman.

So you agree that the poster I quoted was wrong to expect Hazel to speak against and on behalf of a group of people as diverse as that referred to as the Asian community?

I'm failing to see any racism here.

What a surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Is the bizarre 'shapeshifting dragon' comment the basis for her accusations of racism?

IT headline makes mention of racial abuse, but nothing to substantiate it in the copy.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/woman-arrested-after-dublin-lord-mayor-harassed-and-racially-abused-1.4465362

Sounds like something David Icke would say

So you agree that the poster I quoted was wrong to expect Hazel to speak against and on behalf of a group of people as diverse as that referred to as the Asian community?

Yup.

Faugheen wrote: »
    What a surprise

Ah, if I'm not mistaken it was yourself that labelled me The "resident racist" of Boards.ie

I'm consistent in my opposition of racism. I'm equally opposed to people using racism where there isn't any.

It does a disservice to people who actually suffer from racism especially when white knights come in and look at minorities as people who "need" their help.

All it really says is you don't understand how google returns search results.

I don't even need to perform that search to know that most of the results are most likely to different Irish media sources carrying the very story this thread is about.

I am also sure wiki and twitter will appear as prominent results so doubt the very first 5 are all about racism.
    Screenshot there and prove me wrong?

So What would that mean then, most likely that you are trying to drive a narrative about Hazel crying wolf about racism.

Why would I possibly care what Boards resident "naziiiiiiiiiiiis everywhere" poster thinks?

The whole point, if you can get your mind around it, is that Hazel is trying to drive a narrative around racism.

But that doesn't fit into your paranoid fantasies about fascists under your bed.

• Advertisement

Ah, if I'm not mistaken it was yourself that labelled me Boards.ie's "resident racist".

And you claimed you couldn’t be because you have a mixed race child.

Yet here you are, again, making excuses for racists, such as par for the course.

Hazel Chu has faced years of this from nutcrackers and it is because of her surname and because she looks a little bit different to the standard Irish-born person.

Racist statements don’t have to be made for this to be racially motivated. You look at everything in a black and white context rather than looking at the pattern of behaviour that Hazel has faced since she came into public life, all from these far-right loons. Why are they protesting outside her door? She doesn’t make the decisions, she lives and abides by her own.

You constantly apologising for these loons and playing down this behaviour means you are enabling for your child to face similar **** in the future. Are you going to tell them to cop on and get over themselves? I would hope not.

You constantly run around this forum looking for people to go after if they make any suggestion racism is involved and you try to shut it down.

However, if there is any hint of racial motivations towards white people? Well you’re on it like a hot snot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement