Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

it is her home. she lives there.

No it's not. She doesn't own it. It belongs to the people of Ireland. She resides there during her tenure as Lord Mayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

biko wrote: »
    Even in this article Chu doesn't specify that anything racist or political actually happened.

She literally says this in this very same article. Please take your statement back.

3ahGK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No where in that article do I see any comments attributed to Mrs Chu where she says the protest was racist.
    It's in my post from earlier
    "Dublin Lord Mayor Hazel Chu has said she was subjected to racist abuse outside her home in the Mansion House yesterday"
    I see Vibes posted a screengrab of it too.

However, she doesn't state what the racist abuse was, although she remembers an occasion from years ago where someone called her daughter a mongrel.
    Perhaps because one of these racist white Irish married her and they have a mixed-race child.

Hamachi wrote: »
    That’s quite the little diatribe.

The doctor prescribes a darkened room, a comfortable pillow, and a cool flannel.

So you don't wish to stamp hard on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Can you point to her "race baiting" around the shooting? Thanks. It's also not of her own doing that the likes of Gemma O'Doherty and Barrett and many others targeted her as they did. You're not seeming very moderate so far.

She deleted it. The original tweet is on the George Nkencho thread, but I’m not trawling through the entire thing for it.

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    One protester was shot dead by security; four people died of pre-existing conditions.
    I am not taking this seriously.

washman3 wrote: »
    No it's not. She doesn't own it. It belongs to the people of Ireland. She resides there during her tenure as Lord Mayor.
    Renters live at home too.

The term residence refers to your home.

I don't believe this thread.

CHU gets harassed at her home racially abused by people who are clearly some of the nastiest and dumbest people in the country and its post after post giving out about CHU.

This comes JUST DAYS after the SAME type of people stormed capitol hill in the States killing 5 people.

Unbeleivable.

Its ONLY a matter of time before gemma and her looney's really hurt someone...or worse.

Eh, even race baiter Chu never claimed to be racially abused by this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Supporting an angry mob, hurling racist abuse at customers locked inside Hartstown Eurospar isn’t race baiting? Fair enough..

Not sure where you’re going trying to escalate the conversation with you’re ‘moderate’ comment, but it’s certainly revealing of the way you plan to engage.

You're making stuff up. Hazel Chu didnt support that.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

It's in my post from earlier
    "Dublin Lord Mayor Hazel Chu has said she was subjected to racist abuse outside her home in the Mansion House yesterday"
    I see Vibes posted a screengrab of it too.

However, she doesn't state what the racist abuse was, although she remembers an occasion from years ago where someone called her daughter a mongrel.
    Perhaps because one of these racist white Irish married her and they have a mixed-race child.
    A woman has been arrested I would imagine she can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

So you don't wish to stamp hard on this?

As hard as I would like to stamp out irrational, rambling rhetoric from all manner of unbalanced individuals.

3ahGK.jpg
    Eh, even race baiter Chu never claimed to be racially abused by this crowd.

Yes she did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

She did. She retweeted and liked many posts from that lunatic “Dr” Lucy whatever her name is.

Attempt to defend it by all means but denying it is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

washman3 wrote: »

Since when do you have to own a building to call it your home??

As hard as I would like to stamp out irrational, rambling rhetoric from all manner of unbalanced individuals.
    Racism is different though.

And harassing someone at their home ...is harassment.

Don't you want to stamp this out.

Are you encouraging others to do this?

Do you think they have the right to do this?

Do you condemn this specifically?

I mean not every act of rambling ...but this specific act?

She literally says this in this very same article. Please take your statement back.

3ahGK.jpg

You know that’s not a quote?? It’s a journalist writing something

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Would you like to actually comment on what she’s been arrested for? Hint - NOT a racially aggravated public order offence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I am not taking this seriously.

You said that 5 people were killed by protesters; that's just untrue. I don't really care what you think anyway-I'm 95% sure your account is some kind of troll operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,022 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The disingenuousness of the 'home' thing is really taking away from the nastiness of the whole situation.

As a result, rather than actually focusing on what happened, everyone is bogged down in the semantics of a word. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Oh really? And she didn’t call out the Gardai as racist for doing their job in subduing an aggressive, violent man terrorizing members of my local community?

Or from your perspective, a poor lamb who was otherwise unarmed, apart from a butter knife.

Never change Joey, you’re a diamond

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Chu's home
    1896051375_c79ee5fde0.jpg
    caption.jpg
    Built during a time when the empire reaped the rewards of the slave trade.... ;)

She did. She retweeted and liked many posts from that lunatic “Dr” Lucy whatever her name is.

Attempt to defend it by all means but denying it is ridiculous.

No. Hazel might have supported peaceful protests. Saying she supported rioting and racist abuse in Hartstown is lies.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You said that 5 people were killed by protesters; that's just untrue. I don't really care what you think anyway-I'm 95% sure your account is some kind of troll operation.
    Would they be alive if the riot had not happened?

Yes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Threadbanned, when you come back from your one day forum ban

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No. Hazel might have supported peaceful protests. Saying she supported rioting and racist abuse in Hartstown is lies.

She shouldn’t be supporting any mass gatherings of people during Level 5 lockdown. A person in her position should be discouraging that type of thing.

3ahGK.jpg

Yes she did.

That’s not a quote. It’s a statement from a journalist.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Don't post in this thread again

A woman was arrested under public health legislation, i.e. not wearing a mask, or not keeping her distance.

That’s not a quote. It’s a statement from a journalist.
    Its a statement from a journalist saying that Hazel Chu Claims she was racially harassed outside the place she lives on said date.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    She shouldn’t be supporting any mass gatherings of people during Level 5 lockdown. A person in her position should be discouraging that type of thing.

Ok. Agreed. Still a lie that she supported riots.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement