Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Its a statement from a journalist saying that Hazel Chu Claims she was racially harassed outside the place she lives on said date.

Claims is a lovely word.

I could claim I have the body of a Chippendale and the girth of Frankel - it’s just a claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Its a statement from a journalist saying that Hazel Chu Claims she was racially harassed outside the place she lives on said date.

Let’s see the quotes from Chu. Because it’s not mentioned in the article, and she didn’t mention it on Claire Byrne yesterday. There was no mention of racism at all from yesterday’s protest from Chu, the Gardai or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ok. Agreed. Still a lie that she supported riots.

Glad you agree. Community leaders and politicians encouraging mass gatherings during a time of record covid cases and deaths is grossly negligent and irresponsible. It’s an affront to frontline workers and wider society. That needs to be challenged. Questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Claims is a lovely word.

I could claim I have the body of a Chippendale and the girth of Frankel - it’s just a claim.
    So you admit hazel chu does claim she was abused racially then?

I do advocate for Palestinians? I also donate to their charities.

I don't know why you directed it at me. Why don't you tell me?

I’d say it’s because you’re the one going on hysterically about it. Capitalising every second word on some posts etc.

• Advertisement

So you admit hazel chu does claim she was abused racially then?

Where did she claim it? Where is the quote from her stating “I was racially abused by these anti mask protestors”???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Claims is a lovely word.

It is not a direct claim from Mrs Chu. It is the journalists words. In none of the articles linked is there a direct quote from Mrs Chu saying this protest was racist.

There are other direct quotations from comments in the articles about racist abuse Mrs Chu claims to have received but none about his particular incident. so outside of a direct quote we have no way to be certain Mrs chu called the protest racist.

Perhaps she did claim it racist but none of the journalist have provided any evidence of that.

It is not a direct claim from Mrs Chu..

It would be unusual for them to lie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Unusual for journalists to lie?

Oh kayyyyy.....

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The press? Ah come off it. Ever hear of Hillsborough? The media will print what sells and almost always have an agenda one way or the other. Look at RTE at the moment, full of stuff about giving nothing but absolute unbiased truth yet they set their platform up in such a way that you know their leanings and opinions.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    n such a way that you know their leanings and opinions.

Which in your opinion are?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A woman has been arrested I would imagine she can't.
    A woman was arrested under public health legislation, i.e. not wearing a mask, or not keeping her distance.
    Indeed, the female member of the protestors was arrested and later fined for breaching public health laws.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40211837.html

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Thats a lie

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Thats a lie
    No I don't lie.

Its a belief.

As is your opinion of the press.

Are you joking?
    Most media these days is biased one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Collie D wrote: »
    Silly but genuine question.

Some people don't like wearing masks. Fair enough - I don't agree with them in the slightest and wish they'd **** off but for whatever reason that's their opinion. But what's their problem with others wearing them?

No it's not fair enough. These idiots are one of the reasons why 500 people have died in the last two weeks. They need to be stopped preferably by force before they kill anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

No I don't lie.

Its a belief.

As is your opinion of the press.

Your belief is totally wrong and you're talking nonsense.

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Your belief is totally wrong and you're talking nonsense.
    I would worry about the non mask wearing nonsense seeing fit to protest outside the mansion house.

I mean we should be wearing masks ..why protest against having to wear one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Ok. Agreed. Still a lie that she supported riots.

did she condemn them and say that the racist mob were wrong ?

did she support the police of the state ?

Or did she try a play the incident into cheap populist lies and retweets for herself.

again she is an entirely unsuitable person to hold the position

mynamejeff wrote: »
    did she condemn them and say that the racist mob were wrong ?
    yes

However slightly off topic.

Do you think that this is a revenge thing on her?

• Advertisement

If Hazel Chu was indeed abused then why did not Garda arrest anyone for it?
    She is the mayor and presumably has a lot of sway over the Garda.

Perhaps this is a revenge thing ON hazel chu ...

For supporting the BLM protests.

Its certainly scary ...people can go to where you live ( i won't say home) ...and do that....

There is an Irish Republican Brotherhood demo at Mansion House every year, and have been for decades.
    This year it was hijacked by conspiracy theorists.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Can we stick to the topic of the thread and not go wildly off topic talking about QAnon or other conspiracy rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Let’s see the quotes from Chu. Because it’s not mentioned in the article, and she didn’t mention it on Claire Byrne yesterday. There was no mention of racism at all from yesterday’s protest from Chu, the Gardai or anyone else.

There's a quote from the IT where Ms Chu suggests the protestors were only there because they didn't like the "look" of her
    Ms Chu said she has no issue with protests. “But you have to have a reason. It can’t just be because you don’t like the look of me. Because I can’t change that.”

Would that imply racism or is that the protestors don't think she is good looking maybe?

Though tbf I can't see where the posters said they didn't like " look" of her...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I tweeted Chu but was blocked, I asked a few questions and never got a reply...
    Ebun Joseph was the same and made the account so only she can tweet or people she agrees to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

mynamejeff wrote: »
    is she not a trained barrister who had been working in the non for profit sector ?
    bourgeoise as you can get really.
    I wonder who paid for kings inns ?

She paid for it, which she clearly explained, when she qualified and started working in a different sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Given the failed asylum seeker who is currently doing a free PhD in some sort of grievance studies - I’d say either a grant from some sort of NGO or the rich parents.

Can you elaborate more on the free PHD part? Where do you do a free PHD, and how?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Effects wrote: »
    Can you elaborate more on the free PHD part? Where do you do a free PHD, and how?

No I won’t as it would off topic for this thread. Go to one of the other threads and you can read it.

• Advertisement

I tweeted Chu but was blocked, I asked a few questions and never got a reply...
    Ebun Joseph was the same and made the account so only she can tweet or people she agrees to.

What type of questions did you ask?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement