Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

sabat wrote: »
    four people died of pre-existing conditions.

Rosanne Boyland was crushed to death in a stampede, how is that pre-existing?

No I won’t as it would off topic for this thread. Go to one of the other threads and you can read it.

I've no idea what threads you are on about. Post a link and I'll gladly read about it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

biko wrote: »
    There is an Irish Republican Brotherhood demo at Mansion House every year, and have been for decades.
    This year it was hijacked by conspiracy theorists.
    The "Irish Republican Brotherhood", as they call themselves, are practically a conspiracy theory group themselves. They believe that the authority of the Irish Republic is only maintained by a ritual called "The Turning of the Sovereign Seal" whereby a seal with a harp on it is rotated once a year. They say that this was done at the first Dáil meeting in January 1919. There is no evidence for this at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Come on folks, stop feeding the trolls. Thread cleaned up

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What type of questions did you ask?

Why are they so set on division.
    Why make things about racism when there was absolutely no mention of any.

Ebun I asked why she was so set on the Shelbourne statue that it was racist and us white Irish are so racist etc etc.

I asked them both about the Garda shooting too and was unaware it was even a black male till much later the next day.

They are crazy in my honest opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Why make things about racism when there was absolutely no mention of any.

Chu has clearly stated on her twitter it was racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Have the Gardai arrested or said anything on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Chu sees racism everywhere. To her a Brennans white sliced pan is racist.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Have the Gardai arrested or said anything on it?
    Is racism illegal suddenly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Is racism illegal suddenly?

So the answer is no. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Sorry I should have stated I questioned before the latest saga.
    This was previously to other statement she had come out with that I questioned

Sorry I should have stated I questioned before the latest saga.
    This was previously to other statement she had come out with that I questioned
    I see.

Well she makes it clear she is calling it racism. And she is calling them far right protestors.

If you felt unfairly treated in response to polite and civil questioning im sorry that happened.

Its not my fault though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gozunda wrote: »
    There's a quote from the IT where Ms Chu suggests the protestors were only there because they didn't like the "look" of her

Would that imply racism or is that the protestors don't think she is good looking maybe?

Though tbf I can't see where the posters said they didn't like " look" of her...

As I said earlier, she’s talking out of both sides of her mouth.

I see.

Well she makes it clear she is calling it racism. And she is calling them far right protestors.

If you felt unfairly treated in response to polite and civil questioning im sorry that happened.

Its not my fault though.

Never said it was, ah look I don't take it personally if they don't answer.

I asked previous too why the mayor and their car fell outside the scope of road laws and never got an answer, using bus lanes, bus gates and bus only turning etc etc.

I asked previous too why the mayor and their car fell outside the scope of road laws and never got an answer, using bus lanes, bus gates and bus only turning etc etc.
    Report her to the guards.

I choose to believe Hazel Chu over people who refuse to wear masks to keep us from getting covid tbh.

Show me the quote from Hazel Chu stating that the anti-mask crowd racially abused her.

Show me the quote from Hazel Chu stating that the anti-mask crowd racially abused her.
    She keeps retweeting the newspapers calling them the far right etc ..and saying they racially abused her with quotes of the racist abuse.

So i think we can safely say ...that is her stance.

She keeps retweeting the newspapers calling them the far right etc ..and saying they racially abused her with quotes of the racist abuse.

So i think we can safely say ...that is her stance.

That’s her stance hahaha. She won’t come out and say it though, because the whole episode was recorded. Her stance is that everyone in Ireland is racist, once it garners her attention.

• Advertisement

No I won’t as it would off topic for this thread. Go to one of the other threads and you can read it.

You're just making up the whole "free phd" thing so.

because the whole episode was recorded.
    I would love to see all the footage if you have a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Who elected this woman as mayor?
    It seems her whole purpose is pushing her own agenda.

How convenient she had a kid, who was at creche at the time the, who's 'safety' could be brought into the issue just to raise the temperature that bit more.

Always a pathetic argument imo when you bring kids into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How convenient she had a kid, who was at creche at the time the, who's 'safety' could be brought into the issue just to raise the temperature that bit more.

She's collecting her child. Whatever about a right to protest, why approach someone who has their kid present?

Not good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Case 1 not a racism charge
    McCarthy pleaded guilty to the charge of assault causing harm to the victim.

Case 2 not a racism charge
    A man in his 30s was arrested under the Public Order Act by gardaí

Case 3 not a racism charge
    Section 10 (1) and (6) of the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act, 1997
    and
    This charge was contrary to Section 13 (1) A and Section 13 (2) of the Post Office Act, 1951, amended by Section 4 of the Communications Act, 2007.

Please read your own sources weldoninhio I'm not here to do your homework for you.

As you can see none of these individuals where charged or convicted on a race related legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

The people of Dublin City Elect the councillors for their area. Who would expect to elect Dublin city councillors?

The mayor is then chosen by those elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I have asked multiple times on this thread how can the public kick a Lord Mayor out of office and nobody has given an answer

The nearest to an answer I got was someone querying why would the public have any sway in it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The people of Dublin City Elect the councillors for their area. Who would expect to elect Dublin city councillors?

The mayor is then chosen by those elected.

Is there any way the public/electorate can remove a Lord Mayor?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

She's collecting her child. Whatever about a right to protest, why approach someone who has their kid present?

Not good form.

Don't believe the child was 'present'

The article stated the child was not at the Mansion House.

Again over the years there's been loads of protests at the Mansion house when other Lord Mayors have been in residence. Hardly a new development tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Not good form.

As Mr. D. Trump would say...............Fake News.

From the link in the OP:
    Ms Chu's young daughter, Alex, was at a creche at the time of the incident.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement