Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

beakerjoe wrote: »
    But his family would be best placed to know if he has had any mental issues or if he has seen a medical professional who diagnosed him.

From what I've seen, the family haven't been honest about what happened, and have been keen to promote the "murdered by racist Gardaí" lie.

Why would we think they'd be honest about his mental health?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

RandRuns wrote: »
    From what I've seen, the family haven't been honest about what happened, and have been keen to promote the "murdered by racist Gardaí" lie.

Why would we think they'd be honest about his mental health?

I dont know if they are honest.

Im taking that part on face value.

If it turns out he was just a scumbag with no mental illness who bite off more tha he could chew, I will change my view on it.

Right now, it appears he may have had a mental illness. If that's true then, yes, I have sympathy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭elperello

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm confused by your post.

You appear to be in the same boat as Chu by calling it a murder yet you also say that his actions pretty much caused him to be killed.

If his actions and the threat he posed warranted action that caused him to die, how was it a murder?

By the way, I've no problem with Chu sympathising with Nkencho's family. I do however have a problem with her calling it a racist murder.

I asked you last night to please provide a link to where Hazel Chu said the Gardai committed a murder but you didn't reply.

I see you are now saying she called it a racist murder.
    Any link to support that claim?

Just a note to those on this thread who are berating Hazel Chu for not issuing a statement about the killing of Garda Colm Horkan.

Garda Horkan was killed on June 17th 2020.

Hazel Chu was elected Lord Mayor on June 29th 2020.

She was just a Councillor at the time of Garda Horkan's killing.

Also worth noting that the then Lord Mayor Tom Brabazon issued a staement in regard to the killing of Garda Horkan and opened an online Book of Condolences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

elperello wrote: »
    Just a note to those on this thread who are berating Hazel Chu for not issuing a statement about the killing of Garda Colm Horkan.

Garda Horkan was killed on June 17th 2020.

Hazel Chu was elected Lord Mayor on June 29th 2020.

She was just a Councillor at the time of Garda Horkan's killing.

Also worth noting that the then Lord Mayor Tom Brabazon issued a staement in regard to the killing of Garda Horkan and opened an online Book of Condolences.

She has never been elected Lord Mayor of the area that covers Blanch/Ongar. She has as much political connection with Fingal as she has with Roscommon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I asked you last night to please provide a link to where Hazel Chu said the Gardai committed a murder but you didn't reply.

The tweet is gone. Didn't screenshot it at the time.

A quick search of twitter brings up screenshots people have taken of the thread Hazel Chu shared (but later deleted) which called the lawful killing a racist murder.

I'm no twitter user, yet it took me about 30 seconds to find it.

The tweet is gone. Didn't screenshot it at the time.

Thanks for the reply.

So with no evidence you are saying that the Lord Mayor of Dublin Hazel Chu called members of AGS murderers?

Thanks for the reply.

So with no evidence you are saying that the Lord Mayor of Dublin Hazel Chu called members of AGS murderers?

Its in the Nchenko thread.

To be fair, I believe she did react quite rashly to the killing initially, calling the Guards murders. A very ill-judged move IMO.

No problem with who she does and doesn't have sympathy for though.

I think shes a wagon personally, but so so many in this thread pick on her for silly reasons, like who she does and doesnt express sympathy for.

• Advertisement

With respect, anyone claiming to have evidence that Hazel Chu, the Lord Mayor of Dublin, called members of AGS murderers should produce it.

With respect, anyone claiming to have evidence that Hazel Chu, the Lord Mayor of Dublin, called members of AGS murderers should produce it.

You've been told where to find it. If you don't want to, that's fine, but stop pretending it doesn't exist.

You've been told where to find it. If you don't want to, that's fine, but stop pretending it doesn't exist.

I am not the one accusing Hazel Chu Lord Mayor of Dublin of calling members of AGS murderers.

It's up to those who are to prove their claims.

• Site Banned Posts: 68 ✭✭Shane Driscoll

What a tiresome clown she is.

I am not the one accusing Hazel Chu Lord Mayor of Dublin of calling members of AGS murderers.

Yes m'lud, we will present the book of evidence immediately.

Yes m'lud, we will present the book of evidence immediately.

You can try to laugh it off if you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Thanks for the reply.

There was evidence. It's been removed but if I find it, I'll post it.

It’s not a court of law. You seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that Chu is not, and never has been, Nchenko’s mayor.

You can try to laugh it off if you please.

I'm not laughing it off, I'm laughing at you.

You've been told where the "evidence" is, but you choose not to look because you want to pretend it isn't there.

At least be honest.

It’s not a court of law. You seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that Chu is not, and never has been, Nchenko’s mayor.

I'm not ignoring anything.

I'm just looking for the truth.

• Advertisement

She doesn't have to be to comment or express sympathy though.

I'm not laughing it off, I'm laughing at you.

You've been told where the "evidence" is, but you choose not to look because you want to pretend it isn't there.

At least be honest.

That ad hominem stuff won't hack it.

The people who make claims should back them up.

That ad hominem stuff won't hack it.

The people who make claims should back them up.

Since I didn't make the claim I'm off the hook then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Is she telling porkies here?
    A group of Irish lads held a knife to my throat when I was just 11

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/hazel-chu-election-peter-casey-ireland-4313302-Nov2018/

An 11 year old girl with a knife being held to her throat in a break-in would have been national news in the mid 90s. Has she mentioned it since she manufactured herself to national prominence?

sabat wrote: »

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/hazel-chu-election-peter-casey-ireland-4313302-Nov2018/

An 11 year old girl with a knife being held to her throat in a break-in would have been national news in the mid 90s. Has she mentioned it since she manufactured herself to national prominence?

Not saying hes 100 percent lying, but I cant believe what she says. She has an agenda to further.

I well believe it may have happened, its not improbable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

That articles really highlights how much the Journals comments section has changed in the last few. Hardly anyone agrees with her in the comments, yet if similar was posted now they'd all agree with her.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Enjoy the comment section while it exists.

Next they will switch to Facebook comments to show people's real names etc hoping it will shame people to post more positive comments.
    When they realise that won't work they will close it altogether.

There was evidence. It's been removed but if I find it, I'll post it.

I'll be waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

have you got any stats to back up that claim? have you done some sort of survey of the whole of the left to show that they don't condemn the killing of gardai? if you have could you post a link to the results of this survey + the questioneir you provided as part of your research?
    thanks.

I follow a wide variety of lefties on Twitter and Facebook. I make a point of checking their reactions when
    1/ A Guard is killed / attacked
    2/ A violent crime is committed by a traveller / non-Irish person / underprivileged Irish person

They rarely if ever condemn these. So it’s a fairly representative sample

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She seemed to have a problem with the 342000 of us who voted for Casey.

If she stepped out of the D4 bubble the Green Party seem to live in she might realise what Casey said made a lot of sense to people which is why support for him shot up in the week or so before the election.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement