Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Can someone please call her on that assertion that she had a knife held to her throat aged 11? Surely some where there is a journo who can dig up whether there was a robbery on a Chinese take away where this happened in 91/92 in celbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,752 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

She seemed to have a problem with the 342000 of us who voted for Casey.

If she stepped out of the D4 bubble the Green Party seem to live in she might realise what Casey said made a lot of sense to people which is why support for him shot up in the week or so before the election.
    Are people back to trying to champion Casey again?

She seemed to have a problem with the 342000 of us who voted for Casey.

If she stepped out of the D4 bubble the Green Party seem to live in she might realise what Casey said made a lot of sense to people which is why support for him shot up in the week or so before the election.

I never understand why the feminist left don't have issue with how female travellers are treated by their own.

pjohnson wrote: »

Doubt it, he has no charm or charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

pjohnson wrote: »

Leave Casey alone.
    I made a good bit of money backing him to come second in the Presidential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I wonder what the alcohol bill will be for the mansion House this year?

Did Volvo giver her a new car?
    I know loner but still.,

There is a Zoe parked outside most days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Can someone please call her on that assertion that she had a knife held to her throat aged 11? Surely some where there is a journo who can dig up whether there was a robbery on a Chinese take away where this happened in 91/92 in celbridge.

I dunno. In my hometown, a pub owner had a knife pulled on him by a would-be robber. Everyone knew about it, some people witnessed it but it never made the papers, even the locals.

A friend of mine was threatened with razor blades by a customer whilst working in a Spar in Dublin whilst in college. Again, nothing in the press.

That would not necessarily be reported on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I dunno. In my hometown, a pub owner had a knife pulled on him by a would-be robber. Everyone knew about it, some people witnessed it but it never made the papers, even the locals.

A friend of mine was threatened with razor blades by a customer whilst working in a Spar in Dublin whilst in college. Again, nothing in the press.

Sadly not everything is reported on.

Woman died as a result of a mugging in dublin 2 two weeks ago, woman was bitten in the attack. Woman died 2 days later. Ive seen zero reported about it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Yes of course-but an 11 year old girl in her home? That would have generated national alerts and shocked the country. A "...gardai are asking for the public's assistance in tracking down a particularly vicious gang of burglars..." type bulletin. When Tubridy asks her directly about her experiences she recounts the ashtray incident, which I don't doubt for a second, but the knife incident is conspicuous by its absence-surely it would be the first one she'd relay. The female wokeratti are also notorious exaggerators and yarn spinners, so I'm going to call bollocks on her story.

https://twitter.com/rtelatelateshow/status/1307091630281891843?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If it doesn’t involve ecstasy/mdma it’s not raving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I wonder what the alcohol bill will be for the mansion House this year?

Did Volvo giver her a new car?
    I know loner but still.,

There is a Zoe parked outside most days.

Motors thread says Volvo S90T8 211-D-1

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058145614&page=36

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

sabat wrote: »
    https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/hazel-chu-election-peter-casey-ireland-4313302-Nov2018/

An 11 year old girl with a knife being held to her throat in a break-in would have been national news in the mid 90s. Has she mentioned it since she manufactured herself to national prominence?
    It's an interesting read.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

sabat wrote: »
    Has she mentioned it since she manufactured herself to national prominence?
    I have no idea if she was attacked in such a manner, but I'll take her at her word. However she's a politician. They'll do anything to keep the gravy train running and going on about a boogeyman is a long standing and sure way to keep media and public attention focused on you. In her case the "Rise of the Far Right" is a charm for it and she'll be helped by enough in the media who are also busy pushing the same boogeyman narrative for attention and it'll go down well with the Monkstown Mommies who recycle fair trade organic bean cans and think they're "green" and "progressive" who are her much of her support base.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

AOC has now become AOCS (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Smollet) with her tall tale of being at deaths door on January 6th.
    I see a similar pattern with 'progressive' (in reality childlike, regressive) politicians this side and the other side of the pond - politics by social media, reaction fishing videos by social media and don't you ever dare question them otherwise yer a facsist-nazi-bigot according to the loyal fans.
    It's almost as if it's a kind of nutty, extreme populism.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

biko wrote: »
    It's an interesting read.

Very interesting.
    I don’t believe it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This was a bit odd in the article:
    In the meantime, my daughter Alex will be learning Kung Fu and hitting her godfather Jackie Chan up for fighting tips – so I pity the fool who calls them her ‘little yellow peril’ in future.
    Jackie Chan knows Hazel Chu?

I googled a bit more and in a tweet Hazel says:
    My lovely bff texted to say "Make sure to tell the gobsh*te callers that abusive racist calls are now forwarded to Gardai and that you're the godchild of Jackie Chan"
    So is Jackie Chan the godfather of Hazel and also Hazel's daughter?
    Or she's pretending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    AOC has now become AOCS (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Smollet) with her tall tale of being at deaths door on January 6th.
    I see a similar pattern with 'progressive' (in reality childlike, regressive) politicians this side and the other side of the pond - politics by social media, reaction fishing videos by social media and don't you ever dare question them otherwise yer a facsist-nazi-bigot according to the loyal fans.
    It's almost as if it's a kind of nutty, extreme populism.

There was a whole sub on Reddit, I think it was called "fake hate crime hoaxes", that documented stuff like this. I've never viewed it personally, but from my understanding it had lots of content due to the fact that stuff like this is pretty common ever since victim-hood become a political currency. Reddit eventually banned it in the last ban wave, likely because it was too effective.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

TomTomTim wrote: »
    ever since victim-hood become a political currency

Not only is it political currency but it's probably the most potent political currency available right now. Any detractors can be dismissed, not as being wrong or misuided but as being bad, evil, heretical.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    AOC has now become AOCS (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Smollet)

I've only seen weirdos calling her that.

I've only seen weirdos dismissing it

• Advertisement

This jumped out at me.

Chu described her daughter as "an Irish-born Chinese girl".

The baby is born in Ireland to an Irish politician but yet she is Chinese? Is there not a basic level of loyalty to Ireland that we could hope for?

Mod: Forum banned for a week for breaching your threadban

Her daughter is ethnically half chinese so at most she's an Irish born Irish Chinese girl...funny wording alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

This jumped out at me.

The baby is born in Ireland to an Irish politician but yet she is Chinese? Is there not a basic level of loyalty to Ireland that we could hope for?

And do gooders like her wonder why anti-immigrant sentiments are rising across Europe. The lack of appreciation and loyalty to the Countries that took them in and in most cases gave them a better life than they would back home isn't helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    And do gooders like her wonder why anti-immigrant sentiments are rising across Europe. The lack of appreciation and loyalty to the Countries that took them in and in most cases gave them a better life than they would back home isn't helping.

But we are the biggest racists in the world did you not hear?
    I think it's ridiculous to be honest how we are been made out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Chus husband is Irish. They have a child together. That's pretty much the definition of integration I would say and fair play to them. There might be some jealousy of a successful woman of ethnic origin who seems to have it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Mr. Karate wrote: »

Just worth noting that the Lord Mayor of Dublin Hazel Chu was born in Dublin and is an Irish citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

This jumped out at me.

That's a bit of a petty little argument. "Level of Loyalty to Ireland"? *Cringe* You OK if she dyes her hair red and starts playing the harp.

I'd imagine it's an ethnicity thing. A bit like the Americans classing themselves Irish-Americans, Italian-American or even Polish-American.

I understand why someone would do this.

elperello wrote: »
    Just worth noting that the Lord Mayor of Dublin Hazel Chu was born in Dublin and is an Irish citizen.

Who cares how she describes her daughters nationality.

Go after her all you want for her political choices and statements.

Nit picking over how she describes her daughters nationality is extremely petty.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    That a bit of a petty little argument. "Level of Loyalty to Ireland"? *Cringe* You OK if she dyes her hair red and starts playing the harp.

I'd imagine it's an ethnicity thing. A bit like the Americans classing themselves Irish-Americans, Italian-American or even Polish-American.

I understand why someone would do this.

My niece and nephew were born in Canada to Irish and Korean patents. They call themselves Irish Candaian. Its their business and who cares what they describe themselves as.

Im not Hazels biggest fan, but using this as a stick to criticise her is beyond moronic.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Who cares how she describes her daughters nationality.

Go after her all you want for her political choices and statements.

Nit picking over how she describes her daughters nationality is extremely petty.

It's notable wording only because of how sensitive she is to issue of race but i agree there's no need to read into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement